+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

niso

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
What is your timeline?
Are you a Jan 2023 applicant?
If not, you are in the wrong forum.
I am on right forum and I am Jan applicant. Kindly read all threat posted by me before coming to conclusion that I am at wrong page.

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
I'm new here, I received SA as well on May 19th, application forwarded to Accra, Ghana. My husband already got TRV approval and he's here in Canada. I'm wondering if he can do his medicals here in Canada instead of going back to Nigeria to get it done. Does anyone know?

FNK-RUIRU

Feb 2, 2023
I am on right forum and I am Jan applicant. Kindly read all threat posted by me before coming to conclusion that I am at wrong page.
Great...and sorry for the post.
I had seen someone from March and I think I did mistaken with you.
However, we are in the same boat.....hoping for the best outcome soonest.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
I'm new here, I received SA as well on May 19th, application forwarded to Accra, Ghana. My husband already got TRV approval and he's here in Canada. I'm wondering if he can do his medicals here in Canada instead of going back to Nigeria to get it done. Does anyone know?
He can do medicals anywhere

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
OK that's great. Thank you
if your husband is in Canada, does he intend to go back at the end of his TRV? there has been a new announcement today from IRCC that outland spousal who is visiting Canada under TRV can apply for open work permit, but since it is still new, I don't know if by staying in Canada will it change the application from outland to inland?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
if your husband is in Canada, does he intend to go back at the end of his TRV? there has been a new announcement today from IRCC that outland spousal who is visiting Canada under TRV can apply for open work permit, but since it is still new, I don't know if by staying in Canada will it change the application from outland to inland?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html
Yes I saw this announcement yesterday, his TRV is till 2026, I'm sure he qualifies for the open work permit

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Yes I saw this announcement yesterday, his TRV is till 2026, I'm sure he qualifies for the open work permit
You're right, I'm wondering if it will change from outland to inland, I'll probably phone ircc to find out