+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Anju_sadan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
Same Sydney, Nova Scotia VO. Any progress on the eligibility? I have my timeline in signature
What do you mean by same timeline in signature ?
For me , there is no progress on the eligibility. Eligibility still not started, background verification is in progress

Anju_sadan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
I said my timeline is in the signature not not same timeline. I said same VO i.e Sydney Nova Scotia
Ok.. i think nova Scotia has not completed any background checks. Nobody has received the pre arrival also from Sydney whereas Delhi vo has started giving pre arrivals in the month of May itself. Lucky ppl

Reactions: Suryarao611

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
It's a waiting game, at this point...

Outland (Online) - DIY
PA: Iranian Citizen
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
VO: Ankara, Turkey

January 28, 2023 - Submitted
March 17, 2023 - AOR (UCI/App. #)
March 17, 2023 - GCKey Tracker
March 19, 2023 - PR Tracker
March 22, 2023 - Biometrics Req. (BIO)
March 23, 2023 - Medical Req. (MED)
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Approval (SA)
March 23, 2023 - File sent to Ankara VO
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Eligibility
April 3, 2023 - Medical completed (Tehran)
April 4, 2023 - Biometrics completed (Istanbul)
April 5, 2023 - Biometrics passed (GCKey)
April 6, 2023 - Medical passed (GCKey)
April 19, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
April 19, 2023 - Background ("In Progress" - GCKey)
May 26, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
May 26, 2023 - Background ("Not Applicable" - GCKey)

I'm going to be applying for a Dual Intent TRV (Visitor Visa) for my wife on the PR Portal. It'll be for the purpose of her coming to Canada until the PR application gets approved. At the current pace, I'm hoping the PR Application gets approved by August of 2023.

Wishful thinking, maybe. But hopeful.
If you have been following the CIC updates/news and the posts on this forum, im sure you must be aware that your spouse is NOW eligible for a TRV. Since the PR application has passed the AOR and Sponsorship Approval status, as per new CIC measures, they will now consider your spouse's application for TRV with a 99% approval chance and perhaps within 30 days. Once the spouse/principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can apply for Open Work Permit as well.

So this means, you dont have to worry about Dual intent anymore! This new measure is to bring spouses together and keep them in Canada till their PR application is finalized. There is no emphasis on returning them - a common reason cited in refusal of TRVs.

Reactions: skz360 and NY81

Anju_sadan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
If you have been following the CIC updates/news and the posts on this forum, im sure you must be aware that your spouse is NOW eligible for a TRV. Since the PR application has passed the AOR and Sponsorship Approval status, as per new CIC measures, they will now consider your spouse's application for TRV with a 99% approval chance and perhaps within 30 days. Once the spouse/principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can apply for Open Work Permit as well.

So this means, you dont have to worry about Dual intent anymore! This new measure is to bring spouses together and keep them in Canada till their PR application is finalized. There is no emphasis on returning them - a common reason cited in refusal of TRVs.
I heard that the TRV is only for spouses within Canada and one cannot apply for Trv from outside Canada even thought they have aor and SA status. Correct me if I am wrong

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
I heard that the TRV is only for spouses within Canada and one cannot apply for Trv from outside Canada even thought they have aor and SA status. Correct me if I am wrong
Why would someone apply for TRV once they are inside canada. They are inside canada because they have a TRV. Your understanding is incorrect. New TRV policy is for spouses/common law partner or any dependents whose family sponsorship is in progress who are outside canada

I guess you misunderstood for Open Work Permit with TRV. For OWP yes they must be inside canada

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
TRV means - Temporary Resident Visa, right? Basically its a visit visa, which if given allows a citizen of another country to visit Canada.
It is primarily given to people who are living outside Canada and have no status in Canada (not citizen, no PR, no WP, no student visa...etc)

So first thing - TRV is for everyone, who is outside Canada (not for inside!)

Dont go on what you hear from someone. This forum is pretty good in getting solid information as there are lots of people here who can tell you their FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE, not just hear say.
Secondly, its your responsibility to check what you hear or read by confirming it on CIC website.

NA12

May 23, 2023
Ok.. i think nova Scotia has not completed any background checks. Nobody has received the pre arrival also from Sydney whereas Delhi vo has started giving pre arrivals in the month of May itself. Lucky ppl
Yes..No update yet.

Anju_sadan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
TRV means - Temporary Resident Visa, right? Basically its a visit visa, which if given allows a citizen of another country to visit Canada.
It is primarily given to people who are living outside Canada and have no status in Canada (not citizen, no PR, no WP, no student visa...etc)

So first thing - TRV is for everyone, who is outside Canada (not for inside!)

Dont go on what you hear from someone. This forum is pretty good in getting solid information as there are lots of people here who can tell you their FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE, not just hear say.
Secondly, its your responsibility to check what you hear or read by confirming it on CIC website.
Yup got it. We get a TRV which will be cnfrmed within 20 days and then after reaching Canada you apply for open work permit right ?

Reactions: NY81

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yup got it. We get a TRV which will be cnfrmed within 20 days and then after reaching Canada you apply for open work permit right ?
Wow..that was pretty fast learning!

You are generally correct. They have mentioned 30 days in the website, though its not 100%, but its around there within 30-60 days, most applicants will get decisions on their TRV.