+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I'm planning to submit my spouse's application this week. I have a question regarding the applicant photo submission. Do we submit scan copy of the front, back of photo separately or combine them in a pdf and upload?

ttanin

Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Amazing! Very much needed for CIC. I hope there is some positive response among the key decision makers, if in that email group. The denial of TRVs for Spouses should not be acceptable. I wish we could get couple of emails of supervisors and managers from London Visa office and include them in this email.
No chance immediate TRV will ever get implemented. It will be used by terrorist to bypass Canadian Visa Processing. It will be a disaster and it will turn Canadian public against immigration. Once the sponsor who is already a Canadian citizen has passed background checks and may be already married for 5 years or more, you could consider an express TRV. They should also issue TRV in most cases to denied applicants. Its much easier to verify if a marriage is genuine or not inside Canada. Some appeal cases takes 4 years and it usually involves Canadian citizen children as well. There is no reason Canadian citizen children should suffer for that long

Reactions: Ebuka91

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No chance immediate TRV will ever get implemented. It will be used by terrorist to bypass Canadian Visa Processing. It will be a disaster and it will turn Canadian public against immigration. Once the sponsor who is already a Canadian citizen has passed background checks and may be already married for 5 years or more, you could consider an express TRV. They should also issue TRV in most cases to denied applicants. Its much easier to verify if a marriage is genuine or not inside Canada. Some appeal cases takes 4 years and it usually involves Canadian citizen children as well. There is no reason Canadian citizen children should suffer for that long
Canadian RCMP and CSIS are doing their job pretty well. They have systems and processes in place to verify a person's identity, their family members, their places of work, visits and businesses. Your concerns are totally out of place and invalid. How?
#1-Applicants who are denied entry, are a different case. A few of them might be genuine cases, but most were denied for a legit reason. No need to waste time and limited officer availability on those cases.
#2-Using your faulty logic of "Canadian public against immigration" - perhaps CIC should throw logic and common sense out of the window, and deny entry of those children as well. Otherwise, as per your fears, someone will use the children to do some nasty work.
#3-Anyone who enters Canada, has already been verified by Canadian authorities and deemed not just safe for Canadians, but also economically and financially beneficial to Canada. Even the Syrian Refugees who were brought in Canada, were mostly handpicked by Canada and were the ones who were able to buy homes and businesses the next day. So im confident in the ability of Canadian authorities to make the right decision - either its fast tracking TRV for Spouses of Canadian Citizens/PR holders, Visitors who will financially benefit the country or others.

Reactions: Kaibigan

yenca

Jan 25, 2023
Spousal Sponsorship Outland Online
Sponsor-Canadian
PA- Vietnamese Citizen
File Submitted: 28 Dec 2022
AOR: Waiting

JollyOwl

Jan 26, 2023
Have you researched? is it easy to get TRV visa for wife? I mean wont the visa officer say that eventually she will move to Canada as you are citizen. So why are you applying TRV, why not spousal visa application. I know we can respond by saying that its to avoid the long processing time - but will CIC accept that? Has CIC given TRVs easily in the past for potential spousal visa applicants?
Yes, we applied for a TRV for my fiancee, clearly stating that we plan to get married soon. Her TRV was quickly approved.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Does anyone know if there's any processing time advantage to online or paper applications?
So your fiancée already got TRV to enter Canada - yet you are here in Outland application group researching online/paper based Outland applications? Why not inland applications?

JollyOwl

Jan 26, 2023
So your fiancée already got TRV to enter Canada - yet you are here in Outland application group researching online/paper based Outland applications? Why not inland applications?
Because she's going to be here for a short time and has to go back to her work/life. TRV is only for six months.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Because she's going to be here for a short time and has to go back to her work/life. TRV is only for six months.
You know that you can extend TRV, or convert it to WP if she can get relevant work here. i mean - eventually her work/life will be with you - as she has married you. Eventually she is going to move here in Canada. Why not now? Why not apply inland application + Open Work Permit for her so that she can start her work/life sooner, rather than later.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Spouse Online Application Timeline:
Application Type: Outland
Initial Submission: 09/11/2022
Application Returned: 01/30/2023 (Reason - Accidentally included citizen stepson in IMM0008)
Second Submission: 01/31/2023

Vish5244

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
I am planning to apply next month as soon as I get married in India. I read somewhere that as a Canadian citizen, I can apply from outside as well. I plan to bring my wife here soon after as she already has visitor's visa ( makes my application Inland )

Can anyone help me with answering these questions :
1) except for marriage certificate , photos of our marriage etc, do I need any other document(s) ?
2) Are these the corrects forms I need to fiil -:
IMM 0008Generic Application Form for Canada (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 1344Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
IMM 5406Additional Family Information (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5669Schedule A: Background/Declaration (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5562Supplementary Information - Your Travels ( online fill )

appreciate if anyone could help.
TIA
Where is 5532 bro??

Vish5244

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
I am planning to apply next month as soon as I get married in India. I read somewhere that as a Canadian citizen, I can apply from outside as well. I plan to bring my wife here soon after as she already has visitor's visa ( makes my application Inland )

Can anyone help me with answering these questions :
1) except for marriage certificate , photos of our marriage etc, do I need any other document(s) ?
2) Are these the corrects forms I need to fiil -:
IMM 0008Generic Application Form for Canada (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 1344Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
IMM 5406Additional Family Information (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5669Schedule A: Background/Declaration (This form is mandatory for all programs)
IMM 5562Supplementary Information - Your Travels ( online fill )

appreciate if anyone could help.
TIA
You can submit a copy of your social media communication, pics together and with family neighbours, a copy of hotel reservation if you have a hotel stay for honeymoon..add a candle light dinner pic if you could. Notice of assessment etc

Reactions: phoenix232

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Where is 5532 bro??
just realized I didn't add checklist to it. Thanks

You can submit a copy of your social media communication, pics together and with family neighbours, a copy of hotel reservation if you have a hotel stay for honeymoon..add a candle light dinner pic if you could. Notice of assessment etc
This I was already planning to add with the online application. Thank you.

Another question if you could answer it please:
Since she doesn't have any document to prove she's living with me in Canada ( we'll stay together in canada after we get married ) , what I could provide instead ? She only has TRV.