+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I see big numbers of the groups either got Oath or LPP recently , Congratulations to all of them

what about the other , any one still stuck in security ,waiting for BG to be completed , I am waiting since beginning of April, almost 4 month,
any one waiting from March and got cleared ?

Just wonder is security clearance got cleared within the 120 days this year

Could be CSIS process Faster as IRCC faster this year

Most of applicant from last year got cleared in 6-8 month

Last edited:

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Does anyone know what the difference is between background check and prohibitions. I feel like those two should go hand in hand but maybe I’m not understanding them.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I see big numbers of the groups either got Oath or LPP recently , Congratulations to all of them

what about the other , any one still stuck in security ,waiting for BG to be completed , I am waiting since beginning of April, almost 3/12 month, any one waiting from March and got cleared

Most of applicant from last year got cleared a flyer 6-8 month
I'm stuck in BG as well

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I'm stuck in BG as well
Me too , did you got CBSA notes
OR
CSIS notes

CBSA notes I got in 30 days , the free option , show
the start date the sub activities is CSIS meaning IRCC sent to CSIS for security screening

It shows in process the due date was May 14 but no thing happened

Waiting for CSIS notes , I should be getting it on July 28 , (30 days) , might shows any extra information

Last edited:

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hello guy
I am Jan applicant as we as my daughter. We both applied together. Already I got my Test and background verification completed after I gave FP since April 18.

My daughter Background was completed too in.march. The first time she did her test online it was invalidated because of internet glitch. After a month she was invited to come for an in person test at IRCC office in Surrey, BC.

On the scheduled date I and my daughter went to the IRCC office where she was processed and her IDs were checked ✔. Then she proceeded to the test room along with other applicants who also came for the in person test.

After the test she was interviewed by an officer and she was told she scored 17 out of 20. The officer asked other questions too which she answered. That was June 14 2023. Since then her tracker was not updated. Today she called client center and an agent told her that the record showed it was a no Show for the test.

My daughter told the agent what transpired and at the end she said she had flagged it to the office that there was a mix up somewhere.

The agent told my daughter to also send an email to the office that the test request came from.

Please guys in this circumstance what else can my daughter do? It is disturbing that IRCC can be this sloppy. Please we need your advice on what cause of action she can do aside from the email.

Thank you

Any new updates? Commenting for better reach. Hoping they get some answers soon

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Good morning, EVERYONE!

My LPP got updated! Finally, the day has come! Right before the weekend! Can't wait for the citizenship ceremony email!

Citizenship application
Type:
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: January 9, 2023
Delivered: January 9, 2023
AOR: January 27, 2023
In Process: January 27, 2023
Background: March 7, 2023
Test Completed on Tracker: March 24, 2023
Passport request: May 30, 2023 (sent all scanned passports)
LPP completed on: July 19, 2023

@rushi.gada Would you be so kind to update the Google sheet, please?
Finally LPP!! so happy for you!

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
I am asking this on behalf of a friend who applied for citizenship in 2021 and is still waiting for LPP to complete. Recently he order GCMS notes and his status seems to be a bit weird:

App Status: Open
Category: Attribution
Kitchener Paper Application

Can someone please explain what does 'Attribution' category mean? He has been asked to submit his past travel itineraries due to extensive work-related travelling. Appreciate some help here!

dragon1234

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
How is it that you got an e-certificate? When I took my oath and asked the agent who took our details, she said that the e-certificates were just being trialled.
I opted it for it while filling up my Cit form. I think they randomly select you

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018

what about the other , any one still stuck in security ,waiting for BG to be completed , I am waiting since beginning of April, almost 4 month,
any one waiting from March and got cleared ?

Most of applicant from last year got cleared in 6-8 month
same I'm stuck in Security since March. I got CSIS notes but its a waste doesn't say anything no notes actually only a letter saying that my security still in process.

aayushij

Aug 29, 2019
Citizenship app timeline for my husband
November 15, 2022- application date
January 25, 2023- Background check
March 2, 2023- test invite
March 10, 2023 - Test taken
March 13, 2023- Test update on tracker
June 12, 2023- LPP
June 20, 2023- Oath Invite
July 10, 2023- Oath ceremony

citizenship timeline for myself
January 26, 2023 -Application date
March 1, 2023- Background check
March 17, 2023- test invite
March 24, 2023 - Test taken
March 27, 2023- Test update on tracker
waiting for the rest hopefully happens soon!!
LPP completed on July 20 and tracker updated July 22.
Its strange how we look at the tracker during the week and it updates on a weekend.
Hoping to get Oath invitation soon

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Anyone applied for GCMS notes and got it after a week?
I'm actually surprised I got it this quick
I got mine exactly after 12 days but still waiting for CBSA one for more than a month now , that's clearly declares the difference between IRCC and security agencies in terms of application processing times

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
I got mine exactly after 12 days but still waiting for CBSA one for more than a month now , that's clearly declares the difference between IRCC and security agencies in terms of application processing times
Yepp.
CBSA sent me an email advising me of an additional 30 days processing time which is funny because that'll be 2 months