+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I have passed the number of physical days criteria and will be applying for the citizenship. I have paid the fees so have 60 days now.
My question is: i have a blank family name on my passport and when I am starting the application, should i just put my full name in the surname field as advised by canadian govt site?
if so, will my canadian passport have the same issue with surname as blank or do they give us the option to rectify it for the canadian passport?
Ps: as i have 60 days only, i wont be able to split my name on my Indian passport and then change it on PR card and other canadian ids. Please help. Thanks.

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
i all, we are family of 6. Can i apply online citizenship application Has anybody in the group done so?

Do we need to fill 6 times or in one application can we add family members and Spouse in same application? Any one can shar

rishabh_arora

Jan 16, 2023
Hi, Please update the tracker as per below:

Citizenship application
Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1105
Application: Single
Application sent: January 3, 2023
Delivered: January 9, 2023
AOR: February 24, 2023
IP: February 28, 2023
BG: March 30, 2023
Test Invite: April 3, 2023
Test Window: April 10 - May 1, 2023
Test Interview Date: April 19, 2023
Test Completed: May 1, 2023
LPP Completed: May 10, 2023
Update:
Oath Invite: June 6, 2023
Oath Scheduled: June 22, 2023

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
i all, we are family of 6. Can i apply online citizenship application Has anybody in the group done so?

Do we need to fill 6 times or in one application can we add family members and Spouse in same application? Any one can shar
Hi, it’s going to be 6 applicants and forms which are all gonna get linked as a family later. But I’m afraid you’ll need to submit 6 individual applications

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have passed the number of physical days criteria and will be applying for the citizenship. I have paid the fees so have 60 days now.
My question is: i have a blank family name on my passport and when I am starting the application, should i just put my full name in the surname field as advised by canadian govt site?
if so, will my canadian passport have the same issue with surname as blank or do they give us the option to rectify it for the canadian passport?
Ps: as i have 60 days only, i wont be able to split my name on my Indian passport and then change it on PR card and other canadian ids. Please help. Thanks.
Hi, unless you change your name officially, you won’t be able to just change the way it appears on the passport or the application. You will have to officially go through the province to change your name, and use that as the proof to use a different name for your citizenship / passport application. My 2 cents here…Name change can cause delays in your application, so best to wait and change your name once the procedure is done … good luck

Reactions: mipan1991

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I called IRCC today to verify whether or not they have received my fingerprints and they said they haven't yet.

I submitted them 3 weeks ago at the agency, a bit concerned :/ I also saw someone here had his fingerprints acknowledged after 1 month so a bit calmed.

Curious what would be a good average days/weeks for fingerprints to be received by IRCC and process the background check (i.e change to Complete)

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
http://instagr.am/p/CsJhFAIAsgq/
Hoping this posted correctly. I have this hung up where I can see it everyday and it makes me feel a little more in control of my perspective and emotions when I read it.

Everything will come in due time. I just wanted to share it for anyone feeling down or frustrated. I know some would pop in this thread and say, “Why are you complaining or worried? You just applied in January” but it can feel very discouraging to see other files move along and go another day without an update thinking, “Why not my file? If not today, will my good news be tomorrow?”

Rinse and repeat.

So, wait before you worry. Just wait one more day friends.