+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Apr 4, 2023
Could you please repost this in the Dec 2022 thread? Because AOR can take a while these days, we're now tracking applications based on when they were originally submitted. P.S. What's the office handling your application? (You can work it out by looking at the email address from which you received your citizenship test invite.)
Of course I will do it ofice was Sidney

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My tracker hasn't been updated since March 2. Haven't had on of the so-called ghost updates. Is that normal?

Has anyone who applied with paper application received invitation to test yet?
Nothing yet dude, but don't worry, it should start moving, soon!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So just an update in case anyone else is in the same boat. My spouse called the IRCC helpline today (got through third try, 14 minute wait!) and was told the following:
1. Email fingerprint requests should be received within 5 days of the date shown in the tracker. We were outside this window...
2. There was no explanation offered as to what happened, but the agent was going to put in a note to resend the request. She did double check the email id (which should have been fine anyway because we got the AoR previously)
3. Expect the email in the next 5 days - and if not received.... well can anyone say vicious circle?

No further action was being considered by the IRCC (they were just waiting on us), so if we had not called we could have been waiting ad infinitum.
Last update on this topic - got the fingerprint email toady (a day after calling).

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I did the citizenship test April 4th passed but it hasn't reflected yet in the online tracking system. Everything else is still "in process" and my tracker account says "waiting on you" to take the test, but I know I did it yesterday and it won't let me log back into the test so I assume there is some lead time before it updates the tracking website that you have actually taken the test.
It can take several days to update - and sometimes in the meantime you can no longer access the tracker (it gets stuck on the loading page).

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
Hi everyone, hope you all are having a good middle of the week. :)

So a little update post-fingerprint submission, the fastest on record again ;) LOL

I was wondering why it is taking time for my background verification to be updated, so what I have done is this: I have emailed the following email address CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca inquiring about the status of my fingerprint criminal record check. I have included my name, date of birth and the infamous DCN number (the number that is related to your fingeprint check) that the accredited agency was kind enough to provide me, and emailed them yesterday.
Shortly after, I received an automated message saying the response will follow up within 5 business days, but I have actually received a response today. :)
Great news is: the check went through smoothly and I say so because it would have taken a lot longer for them to produce results if things went south. They told me that the results were mailed on the 30th of March via regular mail to the office in Vancouver, BC. My background check completion is imminent at this point so I can rest easy and be sure it will most likely be done by end of next week latest. The transmission to IRCC is done via regular mail so I’m really hoping Canada Post doesn’t “fumble the bag” XD

Either way, if any of you are awaiting for the results of your fingerprint checks presently, I would recommend emailing the email address I shared with you, and see if you do receive a response. If I did, I am sure you can as well.

I hope all of our applications keep going in the right directions and that we become citizens soon! :D

edit: I had given my fingerprints on the 24th of March (the end of a Friday), so entire check took 4 business days.
Thank you once again, I sent an email to the address you shared, got the automated response, then in around 2 hours I got the response similar to yours, confirming the result was sent to Vancouver office on 30-March

Reactions: Anonyref and Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Thank you once again, I sent an email to the address you shared, got the automated response, then in around 2 hours I got the response similar to yours, confirming the result was sent to Vancouver office on 30-March
Great , when did you submit your FP ?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
That’s amazing!!! Glad to hear the email queries are responded to in such quick timings.

Reactions: OSHammat and Cpwr

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi
I got an Email from CIC for fingerprints requesting
Can you pls advise me What is the fastest way?
Check with @Anonyref :)
Find a list of approved agencies https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-by-the-RCMP or go to the RCMP office for the verification. I went with an approved agency since they were open when I called.

Processing time as per RCMP, if there is NO match to a criminal record 3 business days or less.
The results are mailed to the address provided (Vancouver Office) and extra time should be allowed for delivery by Canada Post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpwr and Anonyref

jasparam

Jan 9, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: January 8, 2023
Delivered: Jan 8, 2023
AOR: Jan 24, 2023
Fingerprint request: March 9, 2023
Fingerprints sent: March 14, 2023
Test invite - March 22, 2023
Test window - March 27 - April 17, 2023
Test interview date - March 27, 2023 (scored 20/20)
Background check: In progress
Test: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Language: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Citizenship Oath: Not started
Test marked as complete on tracker - April 5, 2023