+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<JANUARY 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hi guys,
I have just received my GCMS notes (PO: Vancouver, SO: CIO Sydney) and unfortunately eligibility says review required :(
Under the note, I can see DEP 1 Copy of passport: note. The situation is with us, my son's passport got expired last year, our Visitor Extension application with old passport was refused. So, we went home country to renew it (still waiting for TRV to come back). After renewing the passport then applied for PR. I don't know why they put such note. Anyone has any suggestion what IRCC may require from us?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi, today I got Portal 1, however I am outside Canada, returning in 3 days. In my Portal email it says that I have 7 days to respond to the Portal, but it also says I need to let IRCC know if I am not in Canada. So my question is, is it ok to just respond to the Portal email once I am back in Canada in 3 days?
Yes ofcourse.

Reactions: AP97

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi guys,
I have just received my GCMS notes (PO: Vancouver, SO: CIO Sydney) and unfortunately eligibility says review required :(
Under the note, I can see DEP 1 Copy of passport: note. The situation is with us, my son's passport got expired last year, our Visitor Extension application with old passport was refused. So, we went home country to renew it (still waiting for TRV to come back). After renewing the passport then applied for PR. I don't know why they put such note. Anyone has any suggestion what IRCC may require from us?
I'd say just because your GCMS says "review required", doesn't mean that you are in any trouble. They only want to look into the passport, IRCC does "review required" for a bunch of reasons even for very normal cases. At the end it is your analyst leaving their own subjective notes. They'll most likely either verify copy of passport or send you an ADR, both of which won't impact you much.

Here's what Legalfalcon said on this topic: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-help-review-required.716682/post-9106740

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
I'd say just because your GCMS says "review required", doesn't mean that you are in any trouble. They only want to look into the passport, IRCC does "review required" for a bunch of reasons even for very normal cases. At the end it is your analyst leaving their own subjective notes. They'll most likely either verify copy of passport or send you an ADR, both of which won't impact you much.

Here's what Legalfalcon said on this topic: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-help-review-required.716682/post-9106740
Yeah, thanks @iSayGoodDay,
It doesn't mean application is going to be rejected as my understanding. It requires second eye to confirm all good with application. They already put Met under the eligibility with review required by officer comment. Rest of them all seem good! In case I have just submitted LOE to highlight the situation which there was a separate application they are not seeing in their system (no idea why), so it will clarify everything. And most importantly there is nothing to worry that we didn't break any law.
A11.2: MET
R87: APPEARS TO MEET

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah, thanks @iSayGoodDay,
It doesn't mean application is going to be rejected as my understanding. It requires second eye to confirm all good with application. They already put Met under the eligibility with review required by officer comment. Rest of them all seem good! In case I have just submitted LOE to highlight the situation which there was a separate application they are not seeing in their system (no idea why), so it will clarify everything. And most importantly there is nothing to worry that we didn't break any law.
A11.2: MET
R87: APPEARS TO MEET
Yep, definitely not a sign of rejection. More like "Hey boss, do you think that's ready to pass" :)

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Not sure if my case is similar to @nerdsh88t but I receive my GCMS notes this morning. My eligibility states 'Review Required' but no specific details ( like job duties do not align etc.). Although, it's clear the issue is with employment as my CRS points assessed by the case agent is 458 from 498 (at the time of application) so they didn't factor in the 40 points for 1 year Canadian experience. Not sure why since my duties in the letter align with NOC for the most part, I have the employer's info, dates, work duration, list of duties and pay outlined on the letter and I did enter NOC 13110 while applying. I received AOR on Jan 21. Medical, Criminality - Passed, Info Sharing - Complete, Security - Not Started. Just hoping to get some input from anyone who's been in or heard of similar situations. Trying to keep calm but NGL I am a bit stressed out now (I am a CEC applicant btw)

2020-12 to 2022-09 - Construction Administrator (NOC: 0013) - at xxxxxxxxx *REVIEW REQUIRED*
Web-based search confirms employer information

CLIENT'S PRIMARY NOC WAS ASSESED UNDER NOC 2021 - CLIENT'S DECLARED NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WAS ASSESSED UNDER NOC 2021. PLEASE BE AWARE. NOC 13110 IS THE CORRECT NOC UNDER VERSION NOC 2021.

EMPLOYER VERIFIED VIA WEB SEARCH XXXXXXXXXX
  • Letter confirms salary of XXXXX
  • Letter confirms full/time employment;
  • Documented Income Provided: Pay stubs from 2020,2021,2022
CEC Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

CRS Canadian Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

Hi all, my Background Verification changed from 'In progress' to 'Completed' yesterday. So far, everything on the tracker shows 'Completed' except 'Eligibility' which still shows up as 'Not Started'. However, looking at my GCMS notes it's pretty obvious that my eligibility is well under review, especially with the whole ''review required'' issue. Is it common to have background verification, more so the security part, completed before a decision is made on Eligibility? I have heard that Security is usually the final step and only begins once Eligibility is recommended pass. I am just curious because I am still worried about my Eligibility being flagged.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all, my Background Verification changed from 'In progress' to 'Completed' yesterday. So far, everything on the tracker shows 'Completed' except 'Eligibility' which still shows up as 'Not Started'. However, looking at my GCMS notes it's pretty obvious that my eligibility is well under review, especially with the whole ''review required'' issue. Is it common to have background verification, more so the security part, completed before a decision is made on Eligibility? I have heard that Security is usually the final step and only begins once Eligibility is recommended pass. I am just curious because I am still worried about my Eligibility being flagged.
"review required" could just be case officer leaving a note for someone which basically means "hey boss, this looks okay(in a positive way)". Is there a specific note to "review required"? What does security section has in your GCMS?

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
"review required" could just be case officer leaving a note for someone which basically means "hey boss, this looks okay(in a positive way)". Is there a specific note to "review required"? What does security section has in your GCMS?
Thank you for the quickest reply! This is the only note by the agent: CLIENT'S PRIMARY NOC WAS ASSESED UNDER NOC 2021 - CLIENT'S DECLARED NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WAS ASSESSED UNDER NOC 2021. PLEASE BE AWARE. NOC 13110 IS THE CORRECT NOC UNDER VERSION NOC 2021.

I did use the NOC mentioned on the note in my application. There is no other mention of what the issue is ( Job duties not aligning, wrong NOC, missing info etc....) Just straight up removed points for 1 year Canadian experience.

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Back when I got my GCMS notes, end of April, the security showed 'Not Started'. I haven't ordered another GCMS since then. Yesterday my Background verification changed from In Progress to Completed so I assume the Security is clear too. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Miracle2018

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Thank you for the quickest reply! This is the only note by the agent: CLIENT'S PRIMARY NOC WAS ASSESED UNDER NOC 2021 - CLIENT'S DECLARED NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WAS ASSESSED UNDER NOC 2021. PLEASE BE AWARE. NOC 13110 IS THE CORRECT NOC UNDER VERSION NOC 2021.

I did use the NOC mentioned on the note in my application. There is no other mention of what the issue is ( Job duties not aligning, wrong NOC, missing info etc....) Just straight up removed points for 1 year Canadian experience.
I think this is normal. I do also see in my GCMS notes that they put a such note. Basically, I got my PNP with 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers) NOC and when I was submitting, IRCC system required 2021 NOC which was 21273? or something anyway I cant remember but I was sure I double checked Software Engineers and Designers 2021 NOC. If your job duty written aligns with NOCs under their system, they seem adjust it. IRCC officer verified mine and put a note, someone reviewed and application went to next stage.

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
1) Does anyone know requesting multiple GCMS notes bring any issue to PA? I just sent my second GCMS request and I think I will become a lawyer soon Lol

2) Another question, do you guys think MPs can help to expedite?

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
One curious question, if my eligibility is passed and security not started, should i be still worried on noc selection or any other employment docs like offer letter (cec) etc? Not that i have submitted wrong but just double checking if its all comes under eligibility and am i good with those cos its passed?

I haven't ordered gcms anytime, ircc agent always mentioned eligibility passed and also my tracker says its completed.

Last edited:

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I think this is normal. I do also see in my GCMS notes that they put a such note. Basically, I got my PNP with 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers) NOC and when I was submitting, IRCC system required 2021 NOC which was 21273? or something anyway I cant remember but I was sure I double checked Software Engineers and Designers 2021 NOC. If your job duty written aligns with NOCs under their system, they seem adjust it. IRCC officer verified mine and put a note, someone reviewed and application went to next stage.
I see! Thanks for the reassurance. I find it a bit strange for them to just remove points without clear indication as to what the issue is on their notes. It would have been nice if there were more details so we could at least try and submit additional documents as last resort.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay