+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<JANUARY 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

AAKhan101

Aug 18, 2023
What stage are you at right now? Are you FSW Outland?
Background check is still pending, I ordered GCMS notes they said required funds not met. Even though on the day I submitted my funds were more, but I think they evaluated at a different rate. I then resent my updated bank statement on 4th august, before they send an adr. But no response still. Background verification still in process. and yes I'm outland

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I understand looking forward to your applications to be processed, but the expected waiting time is around 9 months and it is being less than 8 (even less for some of you). It is not unusual to wait 1 year of more for some applications (see my signature for details of my application, keeping however in mind that it was during COVID).
Suing at this point will not help, I would recommend to be patient and ready to wait quite a bit more.

Reactions: Raulf and Lord_Tony

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I understand looking forward to your applications to be processed, but the expected waiting time is around 9 months and it is being less than 8 (even less for some of you). It is not unusual to wait 1 year of more for some applications (see my signature for details of my application, keeping however in mind that it was during COVID).
Suing at this point will not help, I would recommend to be patient and ready to wait quite a bit more.
Suing is costly too. Most here won't be able to afford it. Even if they do, unlikely that it will work in their favor.

Most likely OP was just venting out with no real intention to sue. Happens at this stage. People say it helps them a bit in dealing with delays.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Suing is costly too. Most here won't be able to afford it. Even if they do, unlikely that it will work in their favor.

Most likely OP was just venting out with no real intention to sue. Happens at this stage. People say it helps them a bit in dealing with delays.
Agreed and I understand the venting: I did plenty of that during my application, LOL!
Unfortunately there is not much to do aside from waiting. Ordering GCMS notes every few months and calling directly can help too, but only from a psychological point of view: nothing will speed up the process.

As someone who waited for an unexpectedly long time, my advice would be not to plan your life on the idea of moving to Canada in the next few months. You will have a good amount of time after your application is approved to organize everything.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Agreed and I understand the venting: I did plenty of that during my application, LOL!
Unfortunately there is not much to do aside from waiting. Ordering GCMS notes every few months and calling directly can help too, but only from a psychological point of view: nothing will speed up the process.

As someone who waited for an unexpectedly long time, my advice would be not to plan your life on the idea of moving to Canada in the next few months. You will have a good amount of time after your application is approved to organize everything.
I can't even imagine what you COVID era folks had to go through. Agreed on what you said!

battylife

Apr 16, 2023

I am aware that a mandamus case could easily cost $10000, but personally, the opportunity cost of not trying is also high. For one, I have elderly relatives stuck in Canada, and with my latest visa expired, I can't see them until PPR. I have been mentally preparing myself for a lost mandamus case.

Also, the ideal outcome of many mandamus actions is not to make it to a hearing, but to make IRCC pressure CBSA/CSIS into action, or intimidate IRCC into giving PPR without waiting for SS to end. From what I learnt from lawyers, this is a thing and it happens at an alarming rate.

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
Did you get GCMS notes? Any comments mentioned there that is stopping your application from further processing? Further are you under FSW?
I'm in the FSW Outland stream. The latest CBSA and CSIS notes don't have much details other than that I'm still in screening. But I have a rough idea why.

Reactions: Raulf

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am aware that a mandamus case could easily cost $10000, but personally, the opportunity cost of not trying is also high. For one, I have elderly relatives stuck in Canada, and with my latest visa expired, I can't see them until PPR. I have been mentally preparing myself for a lost mandamus case.

Also, the ideal outcome of many mandamus actions is not to make it to a hearing, but to make IRCC pressure CBSA/CSIS into action, or intimidate IRCC into giving PPR without waiting for SS to end. From what I learnt from lawyers, this is a thing and it happens at an alarming rate.
That's why I wrote talk to lawyers. You've most likely been sent to SS for a reason. If you check past cases (a lot of open documentation here), Writ of Madamus wasn't successful for anyone with less than 2 years of wait time. Primarily dismissal happened with the avg processing time listed on IRCC's website (which used to be 26 months and is down to 4-6 months).

>Also, the ideal outcome of many mandamus actions is not to make it to a hearing
I'm curious where did you learn this? For IRCC to even consider settling(or getting pressurized), you'll have to convince a judge that there was an unreasonable delay. That will require a hearing.

Reactions: matteosc

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I'm in the FSW Outland stream. The latest CBSA and CSIS notes don't have much details other than that I'm still in screening. But I have a rough idea why.
What did you mean by CSIS notes saying Still in Screening? Did your CSIS GCMS notes say your security has started with a date in it, and is that date past 6 months? I've read in these forums that enhanced SS is often only spotted when the CSIS security screening start date is past 6 months.

In my case, CSIS just sent an empty reply with "no personal data with the agency", CBSA notes had Security as not stored.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020

A mentioned in another reply, mandamus has almost zero chances of having any positive outcome since your waiting time is in line with a normal processing. Please keep in mind that IRCC tries to process fairly all applications and I do not think it is a good idea to try to "bully" them into making a quick decision for your case. There are thousands of other applicants which may be in situation similar or worse than yours.
What about applying for a new visitor visa, while waiting for your PR application to be processed? Not sure how feasible it is, but you should at least consider it.

Not sure how you can know that, especially after a perfectly normal waiting time and with no clear indication in the notes. If you think you may be a particularly difficult case (some travel history or work experience may create some issues, which is clearly no one's fault, especially yours), you should probably take that into account in planning your next steps and adjust your timeline expectations. Once again: there may be other ways to visit your relatives without having to wait for PR.

stressedobviously

Star Member
Apr 30, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2023
Doc's Request.
27-07-2023
Nomination.....
31-12-2022
AOR Received.
24-01-2023
Med's Done....
14-08-2023
LANDED..........
05-10-2023
ITA - Jan 11th
AOR -25th Jan
Eligibility and BG still in progress

Am I the only one here that has not gotten ppr?
Hi!
AOR 24th Jan
ADR 27th July
Eligibility started on 14th Aug and ended on the 16th
Background completed on 18th Aug
Everything completed now.

I don’t see eCOPR number on my tracker nor received the approval email. PO is Etobicoke and secondary is Montreal.

Edit: just got my eCOPR number on tracker. Waiting for the portals now.

Anyone else with the same status?

Last edited:

stressedobviously

Star Member
Apr 30, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2023
Doc's Request.
27-07-2023
Nomination.....
31-12-2022
AOR Received.
24-01-2023
Med's Done....
14-08-2023
LANDED..........
05-10-2023
Hi!
AOR 24th Jan
ADR 27th July
Eligibility started on 14th Aug and ended on the 16th
Background completed on 18th Aug
Everything completed now.

I don’t see eCOPR number on my tracker nor received the approval email. PO is Etobicoke and secondary is Montreal.

Edit: just got my eCOPR number on tracker. Waiting for the portals now.

Anyone else with the same status?
A little later after I got my eCOPR on tracker I received the email for portal 1. After almost 7 months, 210 days later, I’m almost done with this phase.

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
A mentioned in another reply, mandamus has almost zero chances of having any positive outcome since your waiting time is in line with a normal processing. Please keep in mind that IRCC tries to process fairly all applications and I do not think it is a good idea to try to "bully" them into making a quick decision for your case. There are thousands of other applicants which may be in situation similar or worse than yours.
It is an unfortunate situation, but IRCC does seem to award applicants being proactive with all the tools at their disposal, including mandamus. Probably because going to court bites into their strained legal budget, more than turning a blind eye, and give people their PPRs without waiting for SS to finish. IRCC does often dig in their heels against applicants with more red flags.

What about applying for a new visitor visa, while waiting for your PR application to be processed? Not sure how feasible it is, but you should at least consider it.
No, they won't renew my visa while under SS.

Not sure how you can know that, especially after a perfectly normal waiting time and with no clear indication in the notes. If you think you may be a particularly difficult case (some travel history or work experience may create some issues, which is clearly no one's fault, especially yours), you should probably take that into account in planning your next steps and adjust your timeline expectations.
I come from a certain country hit hard by SS. I am in contact with hundreds of other people in the same demographic via Whatsapp groups. Dozens have filed mandamus, and have kept the rest of the group updated.

I regret if I come across as unduly impatient with IRCC. That is because I have barely lived in my country of birth as an adult, and deep down I feel their arbitrary witch hunt has gone too far. Again, thank you for your concern with my well being.

Reactions: Raulf