+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Intake: Non SDS category Indian students please join if possible and share your timeline

Sayanti Dey

Aug 7, 2021
Hey, This is Sayanti Dey.

My Timeline:

Upfront Medical
: August 23, 2021.
Medical Status in GC key: Not updated. It is written "You do not need medical exam" which I know can not be true for Indian students.
Study permit application submission: September 23, 2021.
Biometrics: March 20, 2019 (For a different reason when I visited Canada, I had that done, and it is still valid).

Review of application: Has not yet started!

It would be of great help if other students join this thread and share their timelines. A thread for January 2022 is already there, but students from different countries are responding. Thus, keeping a track of what is happening in India is difficult. So, thought of this new thread.

Please Join!

Sep 27, 2021
Hey, This is Sayanti Dey.

My Timeline:

Upfront Medical
: August 23, 2021.
Medical Status in GC key: Not updated. It is written "You do not need medical exam" which I know can not be true for Indian students.
Study permit application submission: September 23, 2021.
Biometrics: March 20, 2019 (For a different reason when I visited Canada, I had that done, and it is still valid).

Review of application: Has not yet started!

It would be of great help if other students join this thread and share their timelines. A thread for January 2022 is already there, but students from different countries are responding. Thus, keeping a track of what is happening in India is difficult. So, thought of this new thread.

Please Join!
Non SDS from India
  • I applied on 24th Aug 2021
  • Biometrics and upfront medical on 27th Aug 2021
  • Medical Updated - 27th sept(today)
  • Review not yet started
  • **I raised a web form to link my upfront medical with my application. Try do that if you haven't tried it yet...

Last edited:

Gunin

Sep 16, 2021
Non SDS from India
  • Review not yet started
  • **I raised a web form to link my upfront medical with my application. Try do that if you haven't tried it yet...
For the webform , did you select the country Before submitting or you submitted the webform of technical difficulties. Also did you get a confirmation message after submitting the webform in your personal email inbox?

Sep 27, 2021
For the webform , did you select the country Before submitting or you submitted the webform of technical difficulties. Also did you get a confirmation message after submitting the webform in your personal email inbox?
I raised twice,
I chose "technical difficulty" once and then "temporary residence (applied online) once...

No reply from them other than a automated reply stating "IRCC is addressing Afghanistan crisis, so you won't get any reply. But we add the attachments to you file"

Just raise a webform and attach your medical. That will do

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello. My timeline:

Non-SDS (Singapore)
Application submitted
: 15 Aug 2021
Biometrics: Completed and updated: 30 Aug 2021
Upfront Medical (without request): 27 Sep 2021
Panel Physician submitted eMedical to IRCC: 2 Oct 2021
Raised Webform with eMedical results: 4 Oct 2021
Additional docs requested (submitted same day): 4 Oct 2021
Police Clearance request sent by IRCC: 5 Oct 2021
Medical request letter sent by IRCC: 6 Oct 2021
Raised Webform(tech difficulties) with eMedical results: 10 Oct 2021

Oct 18, 2021
I've applied for non sds visa for January 2022
Visa submitted: Oct 20
Upfront medical : October 7
Biometrics : 11th November
Background -
IELTS - 8
Paid half tuition fees and GIC
Submitted all financial documents
Can i get my visa before January 5

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
I've applied for non sds visa for January 2022
Visa submitted: Oct 20
Upfront medical : October 7
Biometrics : 11th November
Background -
IELTS - 8
Paid half tuition fees and GIC
Submitted all financial documents
Can i get my visa before January 5
Probably

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
It's non sds, ur biometrics on 11 Nov. Ur application process will count from the day biometrics done. It means u have 20 days Nov, December 20 days due to Christmas, January 5 days ....... its even impossible for SDS application and u talking about non sds..... I say no chance even till end of Feb for applied from india

AKashM

Nov 18, 2021
Non SDS from India
  • Review not yet started
So did any of you get any updates or approval now?

LaVyas05

Nov 26, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hey everyone. I am from India. I applied my Student Visa with 10 years of education gap and got my Offer letter for Mohawk college in Architectural Technician. Medical done in Aug'21, Applied for SDS visa on 20th Oct'21 and done biometrics on 29th Oct'21. Can anyone suggest the chances of getting PPR by the end of December? What if I do not get visa on time? Mohawk college gave intimation of 4th Jan'22. Please suggest.

bob72

Nov 22, 2021
Sharing back to the community and wishing good luck to all the students who applied for Canada Study permit and waiting for results. To all the students waiting for their status on Visa application. Hang in there. You will get your good news.

I got my PPR for the Study permit and Open Spousal Work permit. Details of my timeline are below:

• Applied From: Singapore
  • Application Submission Date: 01st October 2021
  • Biometrics updated on the portal: 06th October 2021
  • Medical updated on the portal: 12th October 2021
  • PPR Letter Received: 10th December 2021

It was the most stressful three months. I hope it was worth it.

I have a couple of questions which I appreciate if someone can help me out:
  1. If I receive my PPR does this mean my application is approved?
  2. Can my spouse start searching for a job with the PPR letter?
  3. Can my spouse accept a job offer from an employer with a PPR letter or just a visa stamp from outside Canada?