+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Does being outside of Canada stall your application? I have seen progress on my application while being outside of Canada.
It differs from file to file. I did not see any progress on my file after the test(I gave my test from Europe) , however, few others who were outside Canada got their respective files moving in a timely manner. Like you mentioned I have heard some comments on multiple forums that delays are expected when you are outside, but there is nothing in black and white to support those comments.

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
As a last resort I am trying with the MP again as I moved to a new place. Got an email on Friday informing that the MP office would need 5 to 10 days to investigate and come back with an update on my file. Hopefully, will get to hear something.
let us know what you find out. ice reached out to my MP ans they said they will need time bec of the changes on how MPs can request info from IRCC.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
As I have mentioned in this forum about 2 weeks ago, I received a fingerprint request on March 8. I sent it on March 9. Today, I have updates in the tracker:
Fingerprint received: 2023-03-19
Background verification completed: 2023-03-20
Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions are still "In progress."

Reactions: hello-world

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Application Type: Paper
No of Applicants: One adult with one minor
Application sent: January 10, 2022
Application delivered: January 12, 2022
Received AOR on Mar.3rd.
In Progress: Mar.4th
Background Verification Completed: Apr.1st
Test Completed: Sep.27th
LPP Completed: Dec.17th
Oath Ceremony in Progress: Feb.9th
Oath: Mar.13th
Case closed: Mar.18
Received certificate: Mar.21

Hope it helps.

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
let us know what you find out. ice reached out to my MP ans they said they will need time bec of the changes on how MPs can request info from IRCC.
I have reached out to my MP and they answered me within 1 day! It was very quick. But besides the office (Scarborough) I did not learn any thing on my application. They still ask to be patient because we are within "normal processing times" but absolutely 0 explanation on why my application does not move compared to dozen of people from this thread :(
I used all my means - now i am stuck on waiting and being crazy about the situation.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Received email for Oath Ceremony today (3/5). Oath will be virtually using Zoom on 3/22

Application Type: Online
No of Applicants:
Single
Application sent: January 18, 2022
AOR: March 2, 2022
Ghost Update: September 12, 2022
BG Check Complete: September 13, 2022
Test Invite: September 14, 2022
Test Given: Sep 20, 2022
Test Status Complete: Sep 21, 2022
Language Skills Complete: Jan 26, 2023
Physical Presence: Jan 30, 2023
Prohibitions: Jan 30, 2023
Oath Invite: March 05, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: March 22, 2023
Online Oath Ceremony done yesterday. Now waiting for citizenship certificate in Mail.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I have reached out to my MP and they answered me within 1 day! It was very quick. But besides the office (Scarborough) I did not learn any thing on my application. They still ask to be patient because we are within "normal processing times" but absolutely 0 explanation on why my application does not move compared to dozen of people from this thread :(
I used all my means - now i am stuck on waiting and being crazy about the situation.
Scarborough office experience was not the best. Same issue on my end. Even before reaching out to the MP office - I sent an email to the immigration minister office and I got a similar reply as of yours. Last week I tried with the MP office most likely i will hear the same. Lets wait and see. Can you let us know how long it has been after your Citizenship test.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
My situation is so bad that my PR card expired and I work for an european firm. If I leave the country now, coming back would not be an easy bet. The worst part is I have applied for my PR renewal - Its been over a month and I still did not get my application completion confirmation(That means they did not even look at my application) My employer is chasing me to get things sorted as i am getting close to the 180 days mark. Experience so far has been unpleasant. Urgent request raised, reached out to multiple teams for support - nothing helped. On April 6th it will be 6 months from the time I completed my CItizenship test. I don't understand why it should take so long when I lived in this country for 4 years and Background verification is complete. I sense that in 2 months they will send me a new PR card and I have to cut that on my Oath ceremony. This immigration team is so unorganized and everyone are working like headless chickens.