+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Question: Hi guys, I got the test invite, should I inform IRCC that I will be taking it from outside Canada? If so, how can I do that? Or do you suggest to just appear for it without informing IRCC

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Question: Hi guys, I got the test invite, should I inform IRCC that I will be taking it from outside Canada? If so, how can I do that? Or do you suggest to just appear for it without informing IRCC
The email gives clear instructions. You got to notify them through email with subject outside Canada. You will receive and an acknowledgment from the team after you send the email.

Reactions: Shayna.hanzala

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Once you receive the PDF instructions, carefully read them. Follow instructions for test outside Canada. Not informing them will lead to misrepresentation and can have serious implications on your application

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
S
The email gives clear instructions. You got to notify them through email with subject outside Canada. You will receive and an acknowledgment from the team after you send the email.
So I guess
@sivabukka thanks for replying. I haven't received any email yet and is there any specific email which I should contact? And are they prompt in responding

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Once you receive the PDF instructions, carefully read them. Follow instructions for test outside Canada. Not informing them will lead to misrepresentation and can have serious implications on your application
@shiremag thank you for replying. Is there any email I should respond to? and would they be prompt enough to reply?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
@shiremag thank you for replying. Is there any email I should respond to? and would they be prompt enough to reply?
You will receive a "Notice to Appear" email with PDF instructions a couple of days before or on the start date of your test window. You'll need to follow the instructions in that PDF and send an e-mail to the address listed there. If you haven't received this e-mail, call IRCC

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
You will receive a "Notice to Appear" email with PDF instructions a couple of days before or on the start date of your test window. You'll need to follow the instructions in that PDF and send an e-mail to the address listed there. If you haven't received this e-mail, call IRCC
@shiremag I am actually overseas right now so can't call IRCC. The status was updated on portal today, would it take a day or so to receive email?

Jody88

Jun 21, 2018
Anyone still waiting on their Certificate of citizenship from Feb 15, 2023? This is getting ridiculous , why are they taking so long

Reactions: a303