+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
So you did the test? I did not even receive an invitation :(
How do i know what my office is?

Is that what you did? This really seems to be the last resort - so i might do that. Did they update your status short after?
I wrote to my MP and from what I can see in the notes the day they called IRCC is the day my application was approved, after 4 months of inactivity. Maybe that’s just a coincidence, a lucky one then.

Reactions: Bloum

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I had background complete on September 1st and since then nothing at all (I was not invited to the citizenship test yet!)
I am French and located in Toronto, Canada. There is absolutely nothing peculiar with my application.
I have sent an email to ask the status of my request, and after 2 months they answered the typical answer along the lines "everything is normal and as expected and you need to wait".
I did an ATIP request on February 2nd and I still did not receive anything (we are over the 30 calendar days).
It's like they are filtering my application for a reason I can not start to understand.

What would you advise me to do from here?
I think contacting your local MP won't hurt your file at all. It can definitely speed things up.

It really helped me out in the PR process.

Reactions: Bloum

beingkarn

Jul 7, 2022
I wrote to my MP and from what I can see in the notes the day they called IRCC is the day my application was approved, after 4 months of inactivity. Maybe that’s just a coincidence, a lucky one then.
Hi bud, if you don't mind what did you write in a letter.?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
A question to applicants with minor... does the minor's application proceed along with the parent's application with the same speed? In my case, my BG is marked clear but son's application has got no updates after AOR. Shouldn't minor's BG also marked as cleared if the parent's has cleared the BG?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
A question to applicants with minor... does the minor's application proceed along with the parent's application with the same speed? In my case, my BG is marked clear but son's application has got no updates after AOR. Shouldn't minor's BG also marked as cleared if the parent's has cleared the BG?
Minor applications don't show any changes in the tracker until the very end. Once parents are approved, it will automatically get approved

Reactions: anigdikar

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
How to contact MP ? and how to know which MP belongs to my area ?

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Do we anyone on this thread - Who has been waiting more than 6 months for an oath request after the Citizenship test. NOTE: non - routine is exceptional. So in a nutshell, not a non-routine file but still waiting for more than 6 months for your Oath - from the time you completed your test.

Agi0510

Oct 26, 2022
Do we anyone on this thread - Who has been waiting more than 6 months for an oath request after the Citizenship test. NOTE: non - routine is exceptional. So in a nutshell, not a non-routine file but still waiting for more than 6 months for your Oath - from the time you completed your test.

I had my test completed on Oct17 and had a GU on March 02. No changes to the application. LPP, prohibition all are in progress

Reactions: dny0821

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I had my test completed on Oct17 and had a GU on March 02. No changes to the application. LPP, prohibition all are in progress
As IRCC says they take about 4-6 months between Citizenship test and the Oath lets hope they come back with an update before the deadline. Hopefully i will recv an update before 6th April as i completed my Citizenship test on 6th October.

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
As IRCC says they take about 4-6 months between Citizenship test and the Oath lets hope they come back with an update before the deadline. Hopefully i will recv an update before 6th April as i completed my Citizenship test on 6th October.
From June 2023, the oath is going to be self-administered; hence, 3 months delay will be reduced.