Sep 26, 2022
Updated citizenship journey completed:

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1097
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th 2022
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.
Interview request: 10th of December for an online interview on the 10th of Jan 2023.
Interview completed: 10th of January (from outside Canada)
Request for foreign police check: Completed and emailed 11th January 2023.
Prohibition, presence, language: Completed 14th January 2023.
Oath: Updated 14th Feb 2023
Oath Scheduled: March 1st 2023 (email received Feb 16th to confirm it was online)
Oath completed: March 1st 2023 (flew into Canada to complete online oath)

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it'll happen!

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

beingkarn

Jul 7, 2022
@chanakyashah @snak56 I haven't heard anything as well since my BG was cleared in early September. Not sure what to do. Is this really odd?
call their customer service and inform them about your application being non routine , acc to cic website, if you havent receive oath invitation withing 3-6 month after your test completion, your application is considered to be non routine, ie something is missing.

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@chanakyashah @snak56 I haven't heard anything as well since my BG was cleared in early September. Not sure what to do. Is this really odd?
Same for me! I contacted them and it seems everything is normal. They just ask to be patient.
I have BG Complete in September, and i still did not receive a test invitation myself. This gets me crazy but there is absolutely nothing you can do,,, As long as we don't go over the standard timelines, they will not give any explanation on why it takes longer for some of the applications. I imagine it is some kind of quota, or local limitation.
Anyway, it's better to forget about it and wait for that email/update to come at some point.

van.city

Dec 26, 2022
I completed my oath today. I'll summarize how the ceremony went down in case others might find it helpful.

I joined the zoom meeting 5 minutes early and all I could see was a message: that the meeting will start soon and I should get my IDs ready.
Then the meeting started and you could see people joining, setting up their cameras, adjusting lighting and so on .... One of the officers instructed us to turn our cameras ON and that we will be taken to a pre-registration waiting room.

Then I had a 1-on-1 with an officer who asked to see my PR card and another ID (drivers license). He asked me if I planned to travel soon before the certificate arrived and if I wanted to continue with the oath. He then instructed me to cut the PR card and I did. I also verified my address and he noted my updated mailing address since the web form entry I submitted hasn't made it into the system yet. This part of the process took roughly 5 minutes.

Then I was put back into the post registration waiting room and this lasted close to 45 minutes ... just waiting. When you're put in this room, they change your zoom name from just your seat # to [seat # DONE officer's initials]. Eg. if your seat number was 028 and the agent's initials that verified your Ids was MJ, after completing the id verification, your zoom name will show as: 028 DONE MJ.

Then the master of ceremony made a brief remark and invited the judge. The judge congratulated us and made some more remarks as well. We then watched a short video about Canada followed by the actual oath. Mics were unmuted; basically we repeated the oath after the judge, ALL at the same time. The judge encouraged us to try the French version of the oath as well. After that we got a brief video from the PM welcoming us to the Canadian family. The master of ceremony then asked us to turn our cameras OFF so that we can take a selfie with the judge. They gave us 3 minutes for this.

Then came the anthem (bilingual version) and we were given further instructions on sending the oath form back. That was it. It's been a long process but It finally came to an end for me. Hopefully the certificate will come soon and I'll apply for a passport.

Best of luck everyone.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Maybe its a good sign. There was a GU today (March 2, 2023). hang in there everyone :)
Same here’s it’s been 2nd time since my application was filed. already 5 months completed after the test. i work for a firm in europe came to canada in the month of dec anticipating oath….no luck still waiting. this is turning ugly

Leo24

Feb 22, 2023
I logged in to my online tracker and its says: updated March 2. However, the 2 new updates are old ones: application filed and BG verification. Is this another system glitch? Did it happen to anyone else?

Leo24

Feb 22, 2023
Same for me! I contacted them and it seems everything is normal. They just ask to be patient.
I have BG Complete in September, and i still did not receive a test invitation myself. This gets me crazy but there is absolutely nothing you can do,,, As long as we don't go over the standard timelines, they will not give any explanation on why it takes longer for some of the applications. I imagine it is some kind of quota, or local limitation.
Anyway, it's better to forget about it and wait for that email/update to come at some point.
@Bloum I hear you and feel your pain. I am currently overseas so I cannot even call them. I am literally going insane. I mean after BG verification, it should take this long. Are you based in GTA?