+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

blueberries2022

Jan 6, 2022
Man I haven't even heard anything since my background verification got completed on October 27th. I still have language, physical presence and prohibitions in progress...
Here's to another hopeless week for Vancouver office applicants.
The Vancouver office seems focused on processing paper applications as soon as possible. Paper applicants who applied in April 2022 are attending their oath ceremonies this week. I wish I had looked through this forum before submitting my application and applied using the paper application. We just have to be patient and hope our applications will be processed soon.

Reactions: sahibo

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Man I haven't even heard anything since my background verification got completed on October 27th. I still have language, physical presence and prohibitions in progress...
Here's to another hopeless week for Vancouver office applicants.
And to the Scarborough office applicants. Same boat opotato!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
If everything is in French, I suspect they would assume that your degree was in French especially if it's a Canadian university. Can you request a letter from your university clarifying that the program was in French?
I uploaded a copy of my US diploma (it didn't say anywhere that the program was in English but everything on the diploma was written in English) and had no issues with the language requirement.
I have 2 bachelors, 1 from France and 1 from Canada (Montreal University), Both bachelor certificates are in French with the university name, of course they won't provide degree program in Italian..

Also I found a transcript of my 2nd year here in Montreal University, everything in French including the courses names (+ luckily, one of the courses is the English one).

I will upload the 3 documents.

I had TEF exam back in 2015 I got C2 In the needed modules (Oral expression/comprehension) but I cannot find the certificate at all, I guess I sent it with one of the documents in the past years. If they dig into the records they should find it..

Reactions: dkfk

priu

Oct 19, 2014
Who else applied in January (ONLY online applicants) still waiting to hear back for oath ceremony from (West) Vancouver office?

Me & my wife has everything else completed since Nov 9th 2022 still awaiting for Oath. Current status for Oath not started for us..Wait is killing us now as we have travel plans since long time.

I am noticing from other forums that Scarborough & Montreal office already scheduling oath for March & April applicants. It looks like Vancouver office still dealing with Nov, Dec applicants.

Can everyone else please post here in thi reply thread if you are still awaiting oath from Vancouver office?
I'm in the same boat, waiting for Oath invite
Online Application Sent: January 18, 2022
AOR: March 3, 2022
Background Completed: September 13, 2022
Test Invite: September 23
Test Window: September 26 to October 17, 2022
Test done: September 28 (outside Canada)
Test marked completed on tracker: October 5
Ghost Update October 8 (same day as everyone's password reset ghost update)
Scanned Passport Copies Requested via email: October 14
Physical presence, Language, and Prohibitions Completed: December 22, 2022 (tracker updated on December 24, 2022)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
Vancouver Office

Reactions: fastfood

hedist

Jul 8, 2017
Hello, For excel January 2022 tracker update
  • Jan 17, 2023
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 17, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
can someone please update the tracker?
background completed Sep 20th
my test was completed on Sept 26th

Still waiting for everything else..... but had a ghost update on Dec 16th
I had ghost update same on this day but nothing till date.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
The Vancouver office seems focused on processing paper applications as soon as possible. Paper applicants who applied in April 2022 are attending their oath ceremonies this week. I wish I had looked through this forum before submitting my application and applied using the paper application. We just have to be patient and hope our applications will be processed soon.
Same! So frustrated I'm coming on a year.