+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

caneu

Jul 23, 2022
Who else applied in January (ONLY online applicants) still waiting to hear back for oath ceremony from (West) Vancouver office?

Me & my wife has everything else completed since Nov 9th 2022 still awaiting for Oath. Current status for Oath not started for us..Wait is killing us now as we have travel plans since long time.

I am noticing from other forums that Scarborough & Montreal office already scheduling oath for March & April applicants. It looks like Vancouver office still dealing with Nov, Dec applicants.

Can everyone else please post here in thi reply thread if you are still awaiting oath from Vancouver office?

Yes, everything completed on November 8, 2022 and silence. Vancouver office. Like many, we also feel like we are putting everything on pause until this is finalized.

Reactions: blueberries2022

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, everything completed on November 8, 2022 and silence. Vancouver office. Like many, we also feel like we are putting everything on pause until this is finalized.
As per the past trend from Vancouver office it looks like in total the current wait time is 3-4 months after everything completed on profile. Only a few lucky ones are getting Oath scheduled after 2 months.

Reactions: caneu

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
There is an active whatsapp group for Vancouver applicants who applied around Nov 2021 Dec 2021 or Jan 2022 and waiting for ceremony. Lets everyone join there who all have similar application date & are from Vancouver (WEST) office.
The link is here:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DzjASU6azxtGsSdJV6OaAq
Could we have the discussions here? Isn't that what this forum is for so that all can see past experiences? If everyone takes away a little bit of discussion from here to private channels like telegram or whatsapp how would we have any history to look at?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could we have the discussions here? Isn't that what this forum is for so that all can see past experiences? If everyone takes away a little bit of discussion from here to private channels like telegram or whatsapp how would we have any history to look at?
You got a good point. Let’s stay here then.

Reactions: a303

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5

It should work. Do add proof documents as mentioned in the link above.
The bachelor certificate doesn't mention if the program was in French or English, though it was fully in French. But the certificate is all in French so I'm not sure..

I'll try to get a supporting documents :/

Update: I found an official transcript of the 2nd year in my bachelor, it's not the final transcript of all the courses. It only contains the courses I did for the 2nd year (total 2 semesters, 30 credits), it's all in French with the university stamp on it, but like the bachelor, it doesn't state that the program was in French but I guess by logic they should know/understand that the program is in French.

In other words, I can't find a document that says (This program was in French/English)

Last edited:

Mississauga_In

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Does anyone have answers to the following:

1) Are oath ceremonies from Scarborough office in-person or virtual these days?

2) If virtual, then how long does it take for the citizenship certificate to be delivered?

3) If in person, then how long does the passport take to be ready after applying under urgent processing?

Here are the responses:

1) Are oath ceremonies from Scarborough office in-person or virtual these days? - Both are possible. Some of those are called for In person but majority is Virtual Oath.

2) If virtual, then how long does it take for the citizenship certificate to be delivered? - 2 to 4 weeks

3) If in person, then how long does the passport take to be ready after applying under urgent processing? By end of next business day

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
Vancouver is a bit slow these days. You can give a call to IRCC and check what's the latest. Sometimes what we see on the tracker is not the latest thats happening on your file.
What number do you call (extension)?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Who else applied in January (ONLY online applicants) still waiting to hear back for oath ceremony from (West) Vancouver office?

Me & my wife has everything else completed since Nov 9th 2022 still awaiting for Oath. Current status for Oath not started for us..Wait is killing us now as we have travel plans since long time.

I am noticing from other forums that Scarborough & Montreal office already scheduling oath for March & April applicants. It looks like Vancouver office still dealing with Nov, Dec applicants.

Can everyone else please post here in thi reply thread if you are still awaiting oath from Vancouver office?
Man I haven't even heard anything since my background verification got completed on October 27th. I still have language, physical presence and prohibitions in progress...
Here's to another hopeless week for Vancouver office applicants.

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
The bachelor certificate doesn't mention if the program was in French or English, though it was fully in French. But the certificate is all in French so I'm not sure..

Update: I found an official transcript of the 2nd year in my bachelor, it's not the final transcript of all the courses. It only contains the courses I did for the 2nd year (total 2 semesters, 30 credits), it's all in French with the university stamp on it, but like the bachelor, it doesn't state that the program was in French but I guess by logic they should know/understand that the program is in French.

In other words, I can't find a document that says (This program was in French/English)
The easiest document is the language exam, english or french, result you used when you applied for your PR. They will accept even it expired.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=572&top=5

dkfk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018

If everything is in French, I suspect they would assume that your degree was in French especially if it's a Canadian university. Can you request a letter from your university clarifying that the program was in French?
I uploaded a copy of my US diploma (it didn't say anywhere that the program was in English but everything on the diploma was written in English) and had no issues with the language requirement.