+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ANDREW1977

Dec 13, 2019
I am not sure if you meant to ask me these questions. I didn’t get any email so far - the only updates I have is on the tracker. The date is viable on the tracker, however the date doesn’t work for me, as I will be out of Canada and I can’t change that. So I am trying to reschedule the ceremony. I am wondering if someone has inputs on whom to email.
Thank you for replying to me. You wrote you have it on the tracker. sorry what is that? it seems I am missing something. I appreciate helping me.
Thanks
Nika

ANDREW1977

Dec 13, 2019
Surprising to know that you are not aware of status tracker (unless there is some misunderstanding).

Anyway, this is the link:
https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

First you need to register with your OCI and Application number.
Thank you. I have that one, and it shows the below, but it does not show when we have ceremony.
Does any suggestions please?

While we're working on your application
What you can do while you wait:

Find out how COVID-19 affects your citizenship application

See inspiring stories of immigrants making a difference in our communities
Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    Completed

• Physical presence
    Completed

• Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    Completed

• Prohibitions
    Completed

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

Application history
  • Jul 25, 2022

Activity status updated: Language skills

wink

May 25, 2021
Thank you. I have that one, and it shows the below, but it does not show when we have ceremony.
Does any suggestions please?

While we're working on your application
What you can do while you wait:

Find out how COVID-19 affects your citizenship application

See inspiring stories of immigrants making a difference in our communities
Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    Completed

• Physical presence
    Completed

• Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    Completed

• Prohibitions
    Completed

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history
  • Jul 25, 2022

Activity status updated: Language skills
Okay, good.

It says that IRCC has not started your ceremony process yet. Once they do, it will show "In progress" instead of "Not started". When it moves to "In progress" state, it would show the scheduled date as well. Until then it is waiting game. It mostly depends on what is the date it shows against Prohibitions (or whichever activity got completed last) and also your processing office location.

Last edited:

ANDREW1977

Dec 13, 2019
Okay, good.

It says that IRCC has not started your ceremony process yet. Once they do, it will show "In progress" instead of "Not started". When it moves to "In progress" state, it would show the scheduled date as well. Until then it is waiting game. It mostly depends on what is the date it shows against Prohibitions (or whichever activity got completed last) and also your processing office location.
Ok, thank you so much for clarification and taking time for.
Best wishes for you
Nika

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey folks,

Just received a letter from IRCC requiring me to appear in an interview on MS teams in January 2023. Only my bg and test are complete and because i took the test from outside Canada, i was asked to submit full scans of my passport and government issued id on November 17, 2022 which I submitted on November 23, 2022.

Now i am back in Canada and I already informed ircc about my return with boarding pass and travel itinerary serving as proof of my return.

What should i expect in this interview? Anyone else have gone through this situation? Kindly share your experience as i have no idea why is this required at this stage. Any feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mapleleaf786

Nov 3, 2016
Hello all,
I have a question, i am preparing to apply for citizenship and i am confused about the classes. Some people are telling me i have to take English classes to get citizenship but some say i do not. I have completed my master from back home and i am comfortable with English reading and writing. I do not seem to see any trouble on giving citizenship test. Please clarify for me if i needed classes or what do i need to do to avoid the classes as i do not think i needed the classes. I appreciate all of those who answer. Thanks

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hello all,
I have a question, i am preparing to apply for citizenship and i am confused about the classes. Some people are telling me i have to take English classes to get citizenship but some say i do not. I have completed my master from back home and i am comfortable with English reading and writing. I do not seem to see any trouble on giving citizenship test. Please clarify for me if i needed classes or what do i need to do to avoid the classes as i do not think i needed the classes. I appreciate all of those who answer. Thanks
If you have MBA, below is easy to comprehend.
Language requirement

• Haha
Reactions: sahibo

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello all,
It's not about English classes, but whether your certificates/transcripts say/show that the medium of instruction is English...

mapleleaf786

Nov 3, 2016
If you have MBA, below is easy to comprehend.
Language requirement
The ways we measure your language skills in English or French include:

• reviewing the proof you send with your application
so just send copy of my degrees from outside Canada? will be sufficient?, someone misled me and told me i will need to take classes or get the degree equivalency from Canada? I take this is false information based on the website information.

thank you so much for answering :) i appreciate