+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
They're really wanting everything from me! Had a request for passport scans today.

Application type: Online
Physical presence: +1100
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.

Everything else in progress.
interesting. ill take it though, at least something’s happening on my file fingers crossed this will lead to an update in your status soon

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Thank you ! :fingers-crossed: I received the test email from IRCC.WestCitizenship office, So im guessing its the Vancouver office which might be processing my application
i hope mine gets updated soon too! my file is under the same office. hope the pace maintains so we can all catch up to the paper apps! :)

Reactions: rCk

beingkarn

Jul 7, 2022
Hi all, did anyone receive an email mentioning that "you have been selected for pilot participation - electronic certificate"?
thanks

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Same! No updates yet - any suggestions what can I do?
I tried calling, and I am told that their notes say it's 'completed,' and the tracker is not updated. However, is this a technical glitch, and if so, what is the impact? IRCC is such a black box that the fact this has happened is worrisome. If anyone were able to navigate this situation, I would appreciate it.

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi all, did anyone receive an email mentioning that "you have been selected for pilot participation - electronic certificate"?
thanks
I think I saw in one of the group. The person got this email when invited for test. After the oath was complete, (s)he got the certificate in email within 3 hours.
However the story goes further, when (s)he went to the passport office, the officers refused to accept this certificate and asked for original. They had no briefing about this. After a while a lady officer came in and mentioned to others that this is new pilot program and they will accept this certificate.
So be ready to face a bit of resistance at the govt office. If lucky, you may not. :)

Reactions: A_S and beingkarn

beingkarn

Jul 7, 2022
I think I saw in one of the group. The person got this email when invited for test. After the oath was complete, (s)he got the certificate in email within 3 hours.
However the story goes further, when (s)he went to the passport office, the officers refused to accept this certificate and asked for original. They had no briefing about this. After a while a lady officer came in and mentioned to others that this is new pilot program and they will accept this certificate.
So be ready to face a bit of resistance at the govt office. If lucky, you may not. :)
thank you buddy

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Leave it to IRCC to not brief ALL staff about new updates.

nirmalramaraj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
My Spouse Info (Online-Jan Submitted):
AOR: March 24, 2022
BG Check Complete: Oct 07, 2022
Test Completed: Nov 06, 2022
Test status changed to Completed: Awaiting
Received a test invite from West Citizenship EApp however tracker seems to be hung since Oct-9

Reactions: anumantra