+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey fellows,

I finally passed my test. (20/20)

I would like to thank everyone who provided their feedback which really boosted my confidence.

Can anyone please advise on how long do I have to wait for everything else to be completed and citizenship oath after the test is marked completed?

I would highly appreciate your feedback on this so that I can make my travel plans back to Canada accordingly.

Thank you.

Citizenship Timeline
  • Type: Online
  • Submission Date: March 26, 2022
  • Physical Presence: 1103
  • AOR: April 19, 2022
  • In Progress: April 25, 2022
  • Ghost Update 1: Oct 7, 2022
  • BG Verification Completed: Oct 20, 2022
  • Ghost Update 2: Oct 21, 2022
  • Test Invite: Oct 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31, 2022 to Nov 21, 2022)
  • Test Taken: Nov 1, 2022 (Outside of Canada)
  • Test Completed: pending
  • Language Skills: pending
  • Prohibitions: pending
  • Physical Presence: pending
  • Citizenship Ceremony: pending
No one knows at this point. Since you got back to back BG and test, if the momentum lasts you'll likely get oath invite within 2-3 months. What's the office that sent you the test? If things speed up you might even get an invite from a different office.

You might also get an interview soon. In that case during the interview - even if they don't ask - subtly tell them about your return plans - if you're staying short term tell them when you're returning or if it's long term, tell them you'll return anytime they're alloting you a oath slot. Some offices/officers will put your applciation on hold, this is to avoid that.

Good luck!

Reactions: kingfaisal

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
I gave my test on the 26th and saw the online portal updated today :)
The waiting continues.
Also does anyone know if i apply for citizenship for my 8 yr old. (can i submit my AOR as proof of citizenship applicant for one of the parent?, my husband is a PR).

Reactions: fastfood

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
No one knows at this point. Since you got back to back BG and test, if the momentum lasts you'll likely get oath invite within 2-3 months. What's the office that sent you the test? If things speed up you might even get an invite from a different office.

You might also get an interview soon. In that case during the interview - even if they don't ask - subtly tell them about your return plans - if you're staying short term tell them when you're returning or if it's long term, tell them you'll return anytime they're alloting you a oath slot. Some offices/officers will put your applciation on hold, this is to avoid that.

Good luck!
Hey thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

I dont know how to check which office sent the test invite, but i got the email from:
West Citizenship EApp / Eapp OUEST Citoyennete (IRCC)

Any idea which office this might be?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

I dont know how to check which office sent the test invite, but i got the email from:
West Citizenship EApp / Eapp OUEST Citoyennete (IRCC)

Any idea which office this might be?
Vancouver is generally fast but individual application times are always unpredictable.

Reactions: kingfaisal

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
I gave my test on the 26th and saw the online portal updated today :)
The waiting continues.
Also does anyone know if i apply for citizenship for my 8 yr old. (can i submit my AOR as proof of citizenship applicant for one of the parent?, my husband is a PR).
Can you shed more light on the question? It is a bit unclear.
Your minor kid was living with you, I presume, so he/she is eligible to apply for the Citizenship on the same criteria as you are. What am I missing?

spacedementia

Nov 30, 2017
Hello,

Lots of information here, so thank you everyone for this! I've noticed that my timeline is substantially longer than most people who applied in 2022; especially comparing to the online applications (details below; missing AOR). Status check says that they are sending AORs for applications received the week of September 20, 2022. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experience and if I should be worried. Thank you!

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1242.5 (55.5 days of visits to CAN before landing + 1187 days spent in CAN after landing)
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: May 21, 2022
Application delivered: May 21, 2022
AOR: still pending, it's been over 5 months...

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello,

Lots of information here, so thank you everyone for this! I've noticed that my timeline is substantially longer than most people who applied in 2022; especially comparing to the online applications (details below; missing AOR). Status check says that they are sending AORs for applications received the week of September 20, 2022. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experience and if I should be worried. Thank you!

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1242.5 (55.5 days of visits to CAN before landing + 1187 days spent in CAN after landing)
Application sent: May 21, 2022
Application delivered: May 21, 2022
AOR: still pending, it's been over 5 months...
It shouldn't take over 5 months to give you and AOR... Did they return the application to you? If not did you keep an eye on your spam folders to check for emails from cic.gc.ca?
I would give them a call at this point...

rCk

Nov 26, 2016
Received an update to my application today :). Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions got updated to Complete. I wonder how long it will take for Oath ceremony invite.

Citizenship Journey:
Application Type:
Physical Presence Days: 1,237
Application sent: January 11, 2022
Application delivered: January 11, 2022
AOR: March 1, 2022
Ghost Update: September 9, 2022
BG Check Complete: September 12, 2022
Test Email Received: September 23, 2022
Test Completed: September 27, 2022
Test status changed to Completed : September 29, 2022
Language Skills: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
Physical Presence: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
Prohibitions: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
(Application tracker updated on 3rd Nov 2022)
Oath Ceremony: Not Started Yet

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
They're really wanting everything from me! Had a request for passport scans today.

Application type: Online
Physical presence: +1100
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.

Everything else in progress.

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Can you shed more light on the question? It is a bit unclear.
Your minor kid was living with you, I presume, so he/she is eligible to apply for the Citizenship on the same criteria as you are. What am I missing?
He is staying with me. He has been eligible for PR one year after me, My question: since IRCC says minors can apply if either of their parents are citizens or along with eligible parent's application. Since I am not a citizen yet and my husband is not ready to apply, Can i show my citizenship AOR as proof of a citizenship application and file his application?
Hope this makes sense lol

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Received an update to my application today :). Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions got updated to Complete. I wonder how long it will take for Oath ceremony invite.

Citizenship Journey:
Application Type:
Physical Presence Days: 1,237
Application sent: January 11, 2022
Application delivered: January 11, 2022
AOR: March 1, 2022
Ghost Update: September 9, 2022
BG Check Complete: September 12, 2022
Test Email Received: September 23, 2022
Test Completed: September 27, 2022
Test status changed to Completed : September 29, 2022
Language Skills: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
Physical Presence: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
Prohibitions: Changed to Completed on 1st Nov 2022
(Application tracker updated on 3rd Nov 2022)
Oath Ceremony: Not Started Yet

this is good news! which office is handling your application? i wish you get the oath invite soon!! :)

Reactions: rCk