+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Does IRCC work weekends now? I just had my test marked as completed today, with a completion date of October 13.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,111.5
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 29, 2022
Application delivered: January 29, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
In Progress: March 18, 2022
Ghost update 1: September 23, 2022
Ghost update 2: September 26, 2022
Test Invite: October 3, 2022
Fingerprints request: October 5, 2022
Test Window: October 11, 2022 - November 1, 2022
Test Passed: October 11, 2022
Fingerprints given: October 12, 2022
Test completed: October 13, 2022
My tracker got updated again this Saturday. Seems like the updates actually took place during the week but were only reflected today.

FP received and background check completed now. Hopefully oath in the next couple months.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,111.5
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 29, 2022
Application delivered: January 29, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
In Progress: March 18, 2022
Ghost update 1: September 23, 2022
Ghost update 2: September 26, 2022
Test Invite: October 3, 2022
Fingerprints request: October 5, 2022
Test Window: October 11, 2022 - November 1, 2022
Test Passed: October 11, 2022
Fingerprints given: October 12, 2022
Test completed: October 13, 2022
Fingerprints received: October 26, 2022
Background check completed: October 27, 2022

Reactions: chanakyashah

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I just finished my online test a few minutes ago. I accidentally took my picture instead of the photo ID. I checked the FAQs, they mentioned they might consider our test invalid. I feel so terrible.

I wanted to ask if anyone in this group had gone through something similar, how did the process go for you ? And how long do they approximately take to reach back ?

any inputs are greatly appreciated . thanks in advance

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I just finished my online test a few minutes ago. I accidentally took my picture instead of the photo ID. I checked the FAQs, they mentioned they might consider our test invalid. I feel so terrible.

I wanted to ask if anyone in this group had gone through something similar, how did the process go for you ? And how long do they approximately take to reach back ?

any inputs are greatly appreciated . thanks in advance
You can try this:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-forgot-to-click-the-picture-of-my-photo-identification-right-before-taking-citizenship-test-but-scored-20-on-the-test-what-happens-next.730818/post-10211837

But yes, most likely you may have to retake the test.

Reactions: reezam

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Thank you! I guess I will wait until Monday evening if they ask to send scanned ID by mail, if not I will send it myself. Such a weird situation, waited so long for this test and I made a stupid mistake

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Thank you! I guess I will wait until Monday evening if they ask to send scanned ID by mail, if not I will send it myself. Such a weird situation, waited so long for this test and I made a stupid mistake
If I were you I would send both of these:
1. You holding the id
2. Copy of the id alone
to both the emails (IRCC.CitOnlineTest...@cic.gc.ca and the email that sent you the invite) and explaining the situation along with your UCI/App #/Date and Time when you took the rest and if available - a copy of the test result.

I don't see why you have to wait. They might sometimes approve blurred id but they're never going to automatically approve a test without any id so there's no point in waiting. They're either going to come back for an id or reject the test. In that case there's no harm in proactively sending it. You're not losing anything imo.

Reactions: reezam and wink

wink

May 25, 2021
1. You holding the id
2. Copy of the id alone
to both the emails (IRCC.CitOnlineTest...@cic.gc.ca and the email that sent you the invite) and explaining the situation along with your UCI/App #/Date and Time when you took the rest and if available - a copy of the test result.

I don't see why you have to wait. They might sometimes approve blurred id but they're never going to automatically approve a test without any id so there's no point in waiting. They're either going to come back for an id or reject the test. In that case there's no harm in proactively sending it. You're not losing anything imo.
Yes, I think it should be sent as soon as possible.

Reactions: reezam and iceman55

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Yes, I think it should be sent as soon as possible.
Exactly! The longer @reezam hesitates, the higher the changes are for an outright rejection.

Retest invites are always slow, I've never seen one issued without a few months of wait, so need to keep that in mind.

@reezam
Again this is not a sureshot way. Even if you send these two, your test might still be rejected. But if they look at your email before they look at your test results you at least have a chance they understand the situation and accept the results.

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
My test is still in progress even though I passed it 3 weeks ago, is this normal? anyone had the same experience? Montreal office

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Reactions: mindfreaak

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
1. You holding the id
2. Copy of the id alone

Yes I agree you have a point, I am going to send my ID (individual and myself holding) along with test results and application details.

Thank you for your inputs guys :) fingers crossed !

Reactions: iceman55

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Yes I agree you have a point, I am going to send my ID (individual and myself holding) along with test results and application details.

Thank you for your inputs guys :) fingers crossed !
Since you're using your phone camera now try to capture everything clearly.

It's a great idea from the link @wink had shared to wear the same shirt - if possible - so the reviewer can make immediate connection.

good luck!

Mississauga_In

Star Member
May 1, 2019

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hello guys,

I am currently preparing for the test, my test window is Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022.

I have already practiced from the following:

Richmond Library (scored 152 / 152).
Toronto Library (scored 61 / 61).
Apna Toronto (scored an 80% average for all tests)

I would like to request advise from the guys who took and passed the test already, is there anything else I should do? Also, based on my preparation, do you think I will pass?

Any input is highly appreciated.

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello guys,

I am currently preparing for the test, my test window is Oct 31, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022.

I have already practiced from the following:

Richmond Library (scored 152 / 152).
Toronto Library (scored 61 / 61).
Apna Toronto (scored an 80% average for all tests)

I would like to request advise from the guys who took and passed the test already, is there anything else I should do? Also, based on my preparation, do you think I will pass?

Any input is highly appreciated.
Reading the book is good enough. Almost all online questions in various sources are totally different with the actual citizenship questions.