+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
That's probably an update since we moved to the new tracker. Everyone's status I believe is showing a recent date around that time. Mine is last updated Oct 8, but no work needed on my application.
I think so. Mine is also showing Oct 7 now.

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.

wink

May 25, 2021
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
No, there is no such a restriction. If you have the certificate with you and you can wait long enough (in whichever country your are in) till your passport application is processed by the local embassy, then you are good. This is based on whatever I read in this forum, I could be wrong.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Test taken october 18th, completed October 21st

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I have a question regarding a a friend of mine. She applied for citizenship on paper and her BG was completed almost 2 months back, there has been no update at all since then. She lives in Oakville, ON. She is quite worried. Can anyone please recommend how she can reach her local office? or IRCC? she doesn't know about which local office is dealing her case. I wonder if she should be worried or is this normal? Any suggestions or advice will be very helpful. Thank you.
It's not likely she'll get a FP request after this since her BG is complete. For some reason the test invite is getting delayed. Test invites and marking the test as completed - both appear to be taking longer than it used to over the past month. Each individual office has a character. Ontario is generally very fast but for some applicants it's slower. But eventually the end to end processing time usually evens out (for example, your friend sees a delay in getting the test but it is possible once she gets the test everything else might move really rapidly but it's difficult to tell if that will happen for sure.)

Whether that happens or not, there's no reason to worry.

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Did they said it was shows as completed from their end and only the status is not updated ?
They said it is still showing in progress , they said it might be system waiting for update

ksingh05

Jun 5, 2016
Hi. I’ve completed my test and received a request for fingerprints. Do I need to submit a biometric fee or do I straight up go to RCMP and get it done? Thank you. Any help is appreciated!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi. I’ve completed my test and received a request for fingerprints. Do I need to submit a biometric fee or do I straight up go to RCMP and get it done? Thank you. Any help is appreciated!
The email that you receive will have the detail info about what you need to do. Did you get the email?

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey guys, just checked my online tracker and noticed that BG is completed on Oct 20, 2022.
After this i got my first GU (after Oct 8) on Oct 21, 2022.
Applied online in March 2022.
AOR is April 19, 2022.

Can anyone please advise how long would it take to get the test invitation?