+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Just got invited to the test! Exciting to see some movement. The window given to do the test is Oct 11 - Nov 1.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,111.5
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 29, 2022
Application delivered: January 29, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
In Progress: March 18, 2022
Ghost update 1: September 23, 2022
Ghost update 2: September 26, 2022
Test Invite: October 3, 2022
New update today: fingerprints requested.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,111.5
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 29, 2022
Application delivered: January 29, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
In Progress: March 18, 2022
Ghost update 1: September 23, 2022
Ghost update 2: September 26, 2022
Test Invite: October 3, 2022
Fingerprints request: October 5, 2022

Reactions: ppcg2510 and mpsqra

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Have a test invite for the 7th but no email yet. Should I worry? Can I still go into my account give the test without the email?

Update: Received the email! Guess they are listening to our chats.

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Took test today passed 20/20 . But as soon as i signed into my application tracking it now says FP request on 3rd Oct and also mentions email has been sent but i haven't received any email for FP. is this normal? Thanks
Sometimes the email goes into spam folder. Check that.

Also I read cases where email arrived a couple of days later. If it hasn't arrived in 72 hours then raise a webform or call them.

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021
Sometimes the email goes into spam folder. Check that.

Also I read cases where email arrived a couple of days later. If it hasn't arrived in 72 hours then raise a webform or call them.
Is it possible i can give my fingerprints without geting the email ? I think it only requires my application number and my UCI if i am not wrong? Can someone kindly confirm. the tracker shows email sent where as i have checked all folders and found nothing. Just dont want any delays by raising webforms etc.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Is it possible i can give my fingerprints without geting the email ? I think it only requires my application number and my UCI if i am not wrong? Can someone kindly confirm. the tracker shows email sent where as i have checked all folders and found nothing. Just dont want any delays by raising webforms etc.
Unfortunately, the email contains the office that you need to send your fingerprints to.

For my wife's application the fingerprints office wanted to see the letter as well. You can try without the letter if you think it might work. Maybe call ahead and check with the fingerprint agency.

Reactions: Khanbravewarrior

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Unfortunately, the email contains the office that you need to send your fingerprints to.

For my wife's application the fingerprints office wanted to see the letter as well. You can try without the letter if you think it might work. Maybe call ahead and check with the fingerprint agency.
Good to know, I was wondering the same thing. Will wait for the letter/email.

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
Hi admin,can you please update the tracker
Physical presence,language and Prohibitions was marked as completed on October 4th for both my wife and I
However for my son, it still shows as In-Progress-is this normal?
Only citizenship ceremony is pending for us
I also see the status as Decision made in the client application status

Last edited:

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Hi admin,can you please update the tracker
Physical presence,language and Prohibitions was marked as completed on October 4th for both my wife and I
However for my son, it still shows as In-Progress-is this normal?
Only citizenship ceremony is pending for us
I also see the status as Decision made in the client application status
Yes, it is normal your son's application will only update when you get the date for the Oath

Reactions: mechfreak

dashads

Jul 6, 2022
Hello guys. I took the test today, and as I opened my application I see that on Oct 3rd I was invited to submit the fingerprints. I never received an email about it, and I have to instructions on how to do it. The link that is provided on the website "How to have your fingerprints taken" leads here, where there is no information on that whatsoever: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html#fingerprints

Can you please advise on how to proceed? Has anyone had that before?

Thanks.

UPD: I found the info on the website, and it says that I can arrange to have the fingerprints taken through either one of the following:
  • your local police service
  • the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
  • an RCMP-accredited fingerprint company
Which one would be more affordable? Do I need to provide any kind of information to them (UCI, application number, or?). I don't have an official letter from IRCC inviting me to take the fingerprints, only the notification in my online account.

Thank you, guys.

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Hello guys. I took the test today, and as I opened my application I see that on Oct 3rd I was invited to submit the fingerprints. I never received an email about it, and I have to instructions on how to do it. The link that is provided on the website "How to have your fingerprints taken" leads here, where there is no information on that whatsoever: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html#fingerprints

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation. Fingerprints required on the tracker but haven't received any email/letter with further instructions.

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021

Thanks.
You will get the email in the next 2-5 business days. i got the FB request in tracker on 3rd and just got the email today 20 mins ago on the 5th. The Email is important as it has the address for the processing office to where the FP needs to be sent for further processing of your application. All the best

dashads

Jul 6, 2022
You will get the email in the next 2-5 business days. i got the FB request in tracker on 3rd and just got the email today 20 mins ago on the 5th. The Email is important as it has the address for the processing office to where the FP needs to be sent for further processing of your application. All the best

Thank you so much for your prompt response and help, appreciate it! I will wait for the email then. Looks like the local police office is the cheapest.

Admin, please update my tracker to fingerprints request received on Oct 3.

Thank you.