+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Thanks! Its about the entire government - inefficient and corrupt. How come we pay taxes and carry the load but other people from outside the country get their applications approved within months... it took my wife to get her TR to PR approved more than 16 months - after tons of emails, redoing her medical and even her finger prints!!! Meanwhile refugees get their application approved within weeks... this is not fair at all. Sorry all - I'm boiling!
What we can do? We paid the same amount for the citizenship, but received totally different treatment from those paper applications. This is discrimination indeed.

Reactions: argo1990

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
What we can do? We paid the same amount for the citizenship, but received totally different treatment from those paper applications. This is discrimination indeed.
The whole system is discrimination... all I want to know is how come some people who applied at the same time and from the same region are having totally different processing time... anyway, hope there is no more liberal government in 2025...

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
The whole system is discrimination... all I want to know is how come some people who applied at the same time and from the same region are having totally different processing time... anyway, hope there is no more liberal government in 2025...
you think under the conservative government they would be giving citizenship at all? :p:p:p:p

Reactions: oadeseun

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
My application transfer from Montreal to Mississauga is initiated today.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
probably have to talk to news channels about this. What's the point in the rant, if no action taken on this. People keep on asking if something can be done? Yes whatever is in our control, like pitching this to news to highlight it. Rest of it is not in our control, so no point in feeling low about it.

Reactions: argo1990

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
Your local office will be where you live. You will see the email address when you receive the test instructions. Something like this Miss...ircc.ca MIss = Mississauga. Hope this helps.
Thanks, but I haven't receive the test letter yet, nor any updates after March 3 - AOR.

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
probably have to talk to news channels about this. What's the point in the rant, if no action taken on this. People keep on asking if something can be done? Yes whatever is in our control, like pitching this to news to highlight it. Rest of it is not in our control, so no point in feeling low about it.
Problem is this is not news anymore, everyone knows system is broken and by taking it to media, government doesnt even bother itself making any comments. It all ties back into the fact that no one is accountable and they blame everything on pandamic, shortage of staff, blah blah blah...

Last edited: