+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Yes, overall status is "in progress'. But what is the status of "citizenship ceremony" ?
LOL, My bad. I did not read your note properly. Yeah, Citizenship Ceremony is "not started"

This may vary due to IRCC office location also. Mine is Windsor. What is your location?

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Today morning I got excellent news!

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 3, 2022.

App. Type: Paper
Physical presence: 1095
Application: Family (4)
Application sent: December 30, 2021
Application received: January 07, 2022
AOR Received: March 02, 2022
BG Completed :March 24,2022
Test Invite: April 25, 2022
Test Completed: May 14, 2022
Test Status - Completed: May 16, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions Completed: Jun 22, 2022
Citizenship oath activity: In progress - June 27, 2022
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: August 3, 2022
Did you recive "Citizenship Certificate" ?

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
LOL, My bad. I did not read your note properly. Yeah, Citizenship Ceremony is "not started"

This may vary due to IRCC office location also. Mine is Windsor. What is your location?
How to know which location office is mine?

Thanks,

maple321

Jul 25, 2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
Hi,
Is there a way to get the citizenship certificate on the same day of ceremony?
Thank you,

I was trying to ask if it's possible to pick up our certificates in person, but the clerk told me that isn't possible. /Scarborough office/.
She promised me to send our certificates on the same day if I sent her our affirmation of citizenship immediately, and she did.
Our applications were closed on the day of our ceremony.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
I was trying to ask if it's possible to pick up our certificates in person, but the clerk told me that isn't possible. /Scarborough office/.
She promised me to send our certificates on the same day if I sent her our affirmation of citizenship immediately, and she did.
Our applications were closed on the day of our ceremony.
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. What is sending affirmation of citizenship?
2. What do you mean by "applications closed'?
3. I heard that if there is a scheduled travel within 2 days after the ceremony, we can pick up certificates in person on the day of ceremony - any comments / observations on this?

Thanks,

maple321

Jul 25, 2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. What is sending affirmation of citizenship?
2. What do you mean by "applications closed'?
3. I heard that if there is a scheduled travel within 2 days after the ceremony, we can pick up certificates in person on the day of ceremony - any comments / observations on this?

Thanks,

1. You will find out in the instructions for the oath ceremony. It's a form they'll send you.
2. Your application for citizenship has different statuses, the last one is closed
3. I'm traveling in September, then I'm not sure, If you are going in 2 days.
In this case, I will send them a message before the day of the ceremony and ask them about it.

Reactions: NRY

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
1. You will find out in the instructions for the oath ceremony. It's a form they'll send you.
2. Your application for citizenship has different statuses, the last one is closed
3. I'm traveling in September, then I'm not sure, If you are going in 2 days.
In this case, I will send them a message before the day of the ceremony and ask them about it.
3. How to send them a message? by email? If so, on the same email on which we receive the oath cerement invite?
Thanks,

maple321

Jul 25, 2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
3. How to send them a message? by email? If so, on the same email on which we receive the oath cerement invite?
Thanks,
Yes - by email.
Did you get the invite?
In the attachment - pdf you have a link - email address to contact them.
Here:
"You (and any family member associated to your application) will be asked to cut up your Permanent Resident card(s) during the ceremony with an employee. If you need to travel urgently and will require your Permanent Resident card to return to Canada, contact us as soon as possible with details. Please be aware that we may not be able to process your request urgently "

Reactions: NRY

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hi,
1. Some people receive Oath Invite almost as soon as the "Decision made". In this case, they receive the Oath Invite around 4 to 5 weeks in advance to the oath date.
2. For others Oath Invite get delayed - they receive it in 2 to 4 weeks after the "Decision made". In this case, they hardly have 1 to 2 weeks to the Oath date.

Request others to confirm or clarify my understanding.

Thank you,
@maple321 could you please respond to the above question? Thank you

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
How to know which location office is mine?

Thanks,
You will get to know this from the email ID they use to correspond with you for Test schedule and other things. Within that email, there is are 3 letters (e.g. For Windsor it is WIN) which tells you your office.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
You will get to know this from the email ID they use to correspond with you for Test schedule and other things. Within that email, there is are 3 letters (e.g. For Windsor it is WIN) which tells you your office.
Oh ok. But I changed the address from another Province to Toronto after the Test.