+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Thanks Joy. I read the book and did some mock tests from ApnaToronto Website. Also watched youtube video. It has 441 questions on citizenship test. These are enough for the preparation. Also as I mentioned in the thread before, don't over prepare. As soon as you start getting good scores in Mock tests just give the exam.
Thank you so much anumantra. This was of great help. Wish you all the best for the future.

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
As I mentioned earlier my wife and I received our citizenship test invite on May 20 and our test window was May 27-June 16
I took up the test on June 1 and my wife took her test today
Both of us passed the test and my status was updated to completed today

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
This is my timeline: 4 Months since applied

Scarborough Office online from Toronto

Applied: January 24, 2022
AOR: February 02, 2022
Test activity status: April 14,2022
Test invite: April 22, 2022
Test Passed: April 24,2022
Test Update: April 25,2022
Background check: May 24, 2022
All turns complete: May 30, 2022
Oath invite: May 27, 2022
Oath taken: May 31, 2022
All citizen time is : 4 month

Thank you for all people of the group I wish you all best. Good luck for your citizenship

Posted in FB group
Good Morning,

Congratulations on your Citizenship.

I applied for Citizenship online January 20th.
Received AOR March 7th, 2022 (Shows application filled in Citizenship Application Tracker)
This update was on March 8th 2022; Since then there has been no update.
I have tried calling their helpline many times but no luck getting through and actually talk to someone.

What do you suggest? Please advice.
Is this difference for different offices, like you said yours was Scarborough. How do I find out which one is mine?

Is there anything that could be done to expedite the process?

I have noticed the paper applications are processing much faster at this time than online which is very weird.

Please help!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Good Morning,

Received AOR March 7th, 2022 (Shows application filled in Citizenship Application Tracker)
I have tried calling their helpline many times but no luck getting through and actually talk to someone.

Is this difference for different offices, like you said yours was Scarborough. How do I find out which one is mine?

I have noticed the paper applications are processing much faster at this time than online which is very weird.

Please help!
Not at all. See my signature.

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
Not at all. See my signature.
I see that you have applied during 2020. Atleast there has been some progress on your application. Just last couple steps left. CIC introduced this online system and when I did the physical presence calculation it asked me to apply online.

BTW I'm Wilmot 15 minutes from Kitchener Waterloo; So would our office be Kitchener Waterloo Office?

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Good Morning,

Please help!
This is not my timeline. I copied from FB group and this seems to me it's urgent processing for sure. Did you see this post ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/page-3#post-10103545

My suggestion would be order ATIP notes

HAchar

Dec 9, 2017
Brampton
Category........
FSW
Application type: Online
Application: Single
Location: ? - could someone pl enlighten me on how to fill this field? Since I applied online, where/how do I find 'location'?
Physical Presence: 1097 days
Application submitted: Jan 25, 2022
Application received: Jan 25, 2022
AOR: March 8, 2022

131 days(4+ months) since the application was submitted, 43 days since AOR.

I definitely missed the trick by applying online -Fooled by that website which says, "you should apply online if you can" or something of the sort.
I know people who submitted Paper applications at the same time...and are now writing online tests.
I have felt this feeling before... 0.o.... and now I feel it again.,
IRCC friendzoned me

Last edited:

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hello all,
My wife and I submitted our paper application on Jan 4, AOR Feb 10.
We both got the test invitation on May 12 and passed, status set to complete on May 18.
Here is my question, my wife's background check was set to complete on Apr 6 about a month before the test invitation but mine is still in progress.
1- How come we have different statuses on the background check?
2- And if mine was not complete yet, is it usual to send a test invitation before the background check completion?
3- The fact that we got the test invitation means that our applications are with the local office now?
Thanks in advance.

a303

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Below is what my application has said since Mar 10th, 2022

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Below is what my application has said since Mar 10th, 2022

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
mine as well...updated on 10th.. nothing after tht.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Got Citizenship test invite for me any my spouse :) this morning.

Application type: Paper based
Application: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1235 days
Application submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Application received: Sept 23, 2021
Application Returned: Dec 29, 2021 ( For reason - "You have not submitted two identification documents." )
Application resubmitted: Dec 30, 2021
Application received: Jan 4, 2022
AOR - March 1, 2022
Background Completed: May 18, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: June 1, 2022
any idea when the emails are sent for test invites? our trackers are updated on June 1st but no email yet.