Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1101 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Jan 3rd, 2022
Application received: Feb 23rd, 2022

Reactions: sureshcoim

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Last Friday, CIC updates the processing time and for "Citizenship Grant" and guess what, it is now 27 months...
I am kind of concern if the newly applications online, such as those submitted in Jan-Feb-Mar 2022 would be following this timeline or not...
Anyone has any ideas?

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Application Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1,2XX (don't remember...)
No of Applicants: One parent with one minor
Application sent: January 10, 2022
Application delivered: January 12, 2022
Received AOR on Mar.3rd.
Thanks for updating the tracker.
In Progress: Mar.4th
Background Verification Completed: Apr.1st

Thanks!

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application received jan 07
Confirmation on feb 27 and in process since then

When do i expect an update on it now.

My indian passport is expiring in November and was wondering if i should renew it or wait for few months for citizenship and then get Canadian passport?
No plans on travel this year....

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Application received jan 07
Confirmation on feb 27 and in process since then

When do i expect an update on it now.

My indian passport is expiring in November and was wondering if i should renew it or wait for few months for citizenship and then get Canadian passport?
No plans on travel this year....
Last week, IRCC just release some updates on the number of months it takes to process the applications. For Citizenship Grant, it is now sitting at 27 months for the entire process.
Lots of people think (inclduing myself) that it would actually take 27 months to complete. However, browsing through this Citizenship box, I saw someone applied last September 2021 and already get invitation to the Oath in April 2022. So, it is not really 27 months in fact!
However, if you plan to go out of the country sometimes next year, you may as well apply for your passport
Just my 5-cent

Reactions: rp12343

shuttle11

Feb 15, 2019
Hi
Am eligible to apply for Citizenship for myself and my husband. Am confused if I should go for paper or Online? I know if I choose online I can only apply by myself and not along with my husband. He has to apply separately..
Any thoughts?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi
Am eligible to apply for Citizenship for myself and my husband. Am confused if I should go for paper or Online? I know if I choose online I can only apply by myself and not along with my husband. He has to apply separately..
Any thoughts?
I applied back in July2021 online and rest of my family applied in Jan 2022 (Paper). In our case, so far online file had lot less movement compared to paper file even though it was applied 6 month early. You need to look at the excel log for each month and make a decision depending on your location.