+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

snak56

Mar 29, 2016
Why IRCC does not process January 2022 online applications? Those paper applications sent in February or April have already been processed. Is this the so called first come first serve?
currently online applicants from december-2021 are getting test invites, Jan22 folks could receive test invites soon. Still it has been a long wait though !

snak56

Mar 29, 2016
any early jan2022 online applicants received ghost update/ test invites yet ? seems end of december2021 online applicants are receiving updates.

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Family x 3 papaer application.
Physical presence, Prohibitions and Language Completed August 29.
Ecas decision made.
Please update
Office Scarborough

Last edited:

YvrJan04

Aug 31, 2022
App. Type: Paper
Physical presence: 1101
Application: Family (4)
Application sent: Jan 4, 2022
Application received: January 07, 2022
AOR Received: Feb 10, 2022
BG Completed :March 24, 2022
Test Invite: June 16, 2022
Test Completed: June 23, 2022
Test Status - Completed: June 27, 2022
No update after that.

I have to move out of Canada for a year and need some guidance.

Do I need to inform IRCC that I am not in Canada at this stage?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
App. Type: Paper
Physical presence: 1101
Application: Family (4)
Application sent: Jan 4, 2022
Application received: January 07, 2022
AOR Received: Feb 10, 2022
BG Completed :March 24, 2022
Test Invite: June 16, 2022
Test Completed: June 23, 2022
Test Status - Completed: June 27, 2022
No update after that.

I have to move out of Canada for a year and need some guidance.

Do I need to inform IRCC that I am not in Canada at this stage?
So officially, you're supposed to inform them if you are leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks (the official link was posted in another thread). You can choose to inform then closer to your leaving date.

Some people choose not to inform.

Reactions: YvrJan04

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
Hi everyone my application was received on July 20 ,I have tracking confirming this, however I still haven't receive an AOR and the application has not been returned. I already call IRCC and they didn't provide any information basically they just told me to wait since they couldn't see any application in process.

Is this normal?

I'm just worried my application got lost or something even though I have the tracking number confirming the delivery to the right place.

LeCalgarien

Apr 21, 2022
Not sure if this fills me with a lot of confidence. IRCC has published its backlog

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html?fbclid=IwAR3svQBJrx19bjk2EkduEeyyBJGDyjolf0elVsLjhJL6O6lKtPlDb9JoPLU

Is the "within standards" time 12 months or 26 months for them? This info answers some questions, and raises others.
12 Months. If you click on "Service standards" on the page, it will take you to this page with the details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html

But I don't know how they define percentage of backlog that is within and without service standards. If, for example, every application takes 24 months to complete and the flow of applications in and out is constant, then at any time 50% of the applications would have been in the system for less than 12 months and 50% for more than 12 months. Do they count this as 50% of applications being within service standard, or 0% of them being within service standard, given that all of the applications will take 24 months before completion?

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Hi everyone my application was received on July 20 ,I have tracking confirming this, however I still haven't receive an AOR and the application has not been returned. I already call IRCC and they didn't provide any information basically they just told me to wait since they couldn't see any application in process.

Is this normal?

I'm just worried my application got lost or something even though I have the tracking number confirming the delivery to the right place.
Hi
I had the same experience. I applied last september (2021) and was waiting for AOR till February. Since I am staying at US I couldnot contact CIC through phone. I tried to contact them many times through webforms and finally i got an answer on March 2022 saying that they did not receive my application. But when I track, it was delivered CIC office Sydney. I still don't know what happened. I was so worried and tensed that time.

So I filed a new application in March and now waiting for my Oath ceremony (on 2022 March application, NOT september 2021 application).

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
Hi
I had the same experience. I applied last september (2021) and was waiting for AOR till February. Since I am staying at US I couldnot contact CIC through phone. I tried to contact them many times through webforms and finally i got an answer on March 2022 saying that they did not receive my application. But when I track, it was delivered CIC office Sydney. I still don't know what happened. I was so worried and tensed that time.

So I filed a new application in March and now waiting for my Oath ceremony (on 2022 March application, NOT september 2021 application).

Thanks for sharing . I'll call again in a few days to see what they have to say.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I will try to contact them again in a few days to see what they say now.