+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

remo123

Feb 12, 2017
Do you know which office your invite came from? Although it does take some time for them to update you may want to give IRCC a call. The reason I say you may want to call is because sometimes your photo/ID maybe blurry and they trigger a request to send them clear photo but for some unknown reason that request doesn't make it to your inbox.
Also, I am not an expert just a regular member so please do what you think is best for you.
Thanks. The test invite said West Canada. So thinking, its Vancouver.

Reactions: Maher2017

savj

Oct 16, 2019
Hi dear, did you receive the date of the oat taken the same day the physical presence was approved?

I got everything approved today but didn’t see anything for oat ceremony
hello, no i received an email on 29th nov, and update on tracker yesterday.

Lakshmipe

Feb 27, 2022
Hello
Everything marked complete except Oath. Language & Physical presence marked complete on Nov 29th. updated Dec 01
Niagara office. How long it takes to get a Oath?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi there. Are there any Citizenship applicants here from Calgary?
Im writing on behalf of my family member, who has been waiting for Oath taking ceremony. She was contacted 2 months back for the ceremony, but her event was scheduled in Mississauga, Ontario. She explained them that its been over 12 months, she moved to Calgary - and had updated her new address with CIC. Since then, there has been no response from IRCC. Curious - if other applicants had their ceremony scheduled in Calgary?

Nbaer

Dec 2, 2022
Just joined group. From Red Deer, Alberta. Applied January 15, 2022, online. Received AOR on March 02, Background Verification on September 22. I am 66 years old and not required to do test or prove my language skills. Not sure anymore what my physical presence was at time of application, but it was good as I only left Canada once for 28 days or so. Still waiting...and waiting. Could you add me to your tracker? Thank you

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Just joined group. From Red Deer, Alberta. Applied January 15, 2022, online. Received AOR on March 02, Background Verification on September 22. I am 66 years old and not required to do test or prove my language skills. Not sure anymore what my physical presence was at time of application, but it was good as I only left Canada once for 28 days or so. Still waiting...and waiting. Could you add me to your tracker? Thank you
Added you to the Jan tab of the google sheets. Next, you should see Prohibitions and Physical Presence complete after which you'll be scheduled for Oath. Hopefully it'll be all done soon as online applicants from Jan and Feb are now seeing movement.

Good luck!

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hello Friends,

I submitted a family paper application on 3rd October which was received on 13th October at sydney.

I received my application back as incomplete with below information.

"Please submit photo taken in past six months".

I did a mistake of submitting photos taken 10 months ago for me, my wife and daughter. We all have received our applications back with above missing information.

I am not sure if I need to just include the new photographs and send the package back our redo the application itself because they have mentioned that "the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations".

My only worry to send back the same application is that in the front page of all 3 of our applications, they have marked as "CPC SYDNEY OCT 13 2022 RECEIVED"

Can any of you please help?

HHHTTT

Nov 7, 2022
Hello , my mom and I are from Red Deer too. my mom is also 66yrs old when we applied. We applied together on January 21, my mom cases is: AOR: MArch 01, Back ground verification: September 13, Physical Presence and Prohibition :November 03 ,and nothing since then. I have them same timeline with her except I completed the test on Oct 13.
Let's wait together ;)

Reactions: .02

Jody88

Jun 21, 2018
Waaw, it seem CIC has been working on January applicants lately. I applied early January, and as of November 25 everything on the tracker says complete except for the oath ceremony. I wonder how long it will take them to schedule?

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Waaw, it seem CIC has been working on January applicants lately. I applied early January, and as of November 25 everything on the tracker says complete except for the oath ceremony. I wonder how long it will take them to schedule?
Anywhere between 1-2 month on average for Oath Ceremony now.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Are there people who have written their test, but the tracker keeps showing “in progress” despite the test being completed? That’s been the case for me for six or so weeks now. I am told by the agent over the phone that it was a technical issue.

my second question is are people getting oath letters (or physical presence, etc. completed) via emails and their tracker still showing "in progress”

trying to figure out ‘if I can trust the tracker at this point or should wait for an email.

Last edited:

LeonPolk

Nov 19, 2021
Are there people who have written their test but the tracker keeps showing “in progress” despite the test being completed? That’s been the case for me for 6 or so weeks now. I am told by the agent over phone that it’s a technical issue

my second question is are people getting oath letters (or physical presence, etc completed) via emails and their tracker still showing “not started”

trying to figure out ‘can I trust the tracker at this point or should wait for an email’?
From what I have read on the forums, most people seem to have the tracker update within a few days. I took my test on Nov 13 but it didn't show complete until Nov 24.

I can't answer your second question as my application is still in process and no decision yet.

Good luck!