+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Since spousal refusals for TRV are really high, it's recommended to provide as much evidence as possible to support that she would return to her country at the end of the visit. Return tickets are usually cheaper anyways and yes get the letter from employer.
Thanks for reply.

What happens if PPR request comes when she is in Canada? Would she have to travel back or we could submit passport here?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, the status of my wife's GCkey application changed to "updated", when I checked I found the status of medical changed to
"We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." Thing is, we never received a medical request ! Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks for reply.

What happens if PPR request comes when she is in Canada? Would she have to travel back or we could submit passport here?
You can submit the passport from here. But, if she's here then IRCC should know that by way of you updating them.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
How did you receive a temp file no? What date did you submit and what date did you get it?
You can call IRCC and ask if they can provide you with a temporary number, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Lasweetnezz

Apr 1, 2021
Just today I received an email from IRCC Sydney that they have initiated a refund of $550 back. The email is as below.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXX and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $550 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

I paid $1685 in total for the PR application and I checked the fee calculator and turn out that I need to pay $1135. So, I am getting a refund of $550. Good that they opened my application. Any thoughts?

Application received: Feb 3rd
AOR received: Feb 25th
Linked my application in GC Key and ECAS

Hi did they send you a letter in the mail following this? I am also getting a refund but checked my account this morning and an update was posted saying
we sent yout a letter on april 15th please consider delay in mail devilery before contacting us

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also received an ADR from Cairo visa office, asking for CSQ.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Just realized that in order to see my husband's sponsorship application status in ECAS had to use his UCI (I assumed that using mine as the PA would show everything). It says "Decision Made" under his sponsorship application and "in process" under my PR application. We haven't gotten any email updates about sponsor approval though yet. When I use GCKEY I can't see a way to see any updates on his sponsor application - am i missing something or does GCKEY only show the PA's status?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Just realized that in order to see my husband's sponsorship application status in ECAS had to use his UCI (I assumed that using mine as the PA would show everything). It says "Decision Made" under his sponsorship application and "in process" under my PR application. We haven't gotten any email updates about sponsor approval though yet. When I use GCKEY I can't see a way to see any updates on his sponsor application - am i missing something or does GCKEY only show the PA's status?
ecas will show both sponsor and PA and I'm assuming you used his to see everything as he is the representative. Using PA's info will only show you PA status.

gckey will not show you anything about the sponsor as it's the PR application (for the PA) that is linked.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
ecas will show both sponsor and PA and I'm assuming you used his to see everything as he is the representative. Using PA's info will only show you PA status.

gckey will not show you anything about the sponsor as it's the PR application (for the PA) that is linked.
Thanks! Hmm I don't think we called him the representative. We never filled out the representative form. On GCKEY I used my info.

P.S. Looks like yours is moving along nicely looking at your signature! Makes me happy to see others getting good news :)

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks! Hmm I don't think we called him the representative. We never filled out the representative form. On GCKEY I used my info.

P.S. Looks like yours is moving along nicely looking at your signature! Makes me happy to see others getting good news :)
If you didn't fill out the rep form, I'm not sure he would be able to see your info on ecas, just his own sponsor info. But, I could be wrong as you say you didn't do a rep form.

Yes, it has moved quickly thus far. I was lucky they picked up with December 2020 to start moving things along. But, I seem to be within timeline for everyone else who received AOR... it's just that the earlier 2020 took a while to get AOR due to covid. I am sure I have a nice comfortable wait ahead. *sigh*

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
If you didn't fill out the rep form, I'm not sure he would be able to see your info on ecas, just his own sponsor info. But, I could be wrong as you say you didn't do a rep form.

Yes, it has moved quickly thus far. I was lucky they picked up with December 2020 to start moving things along. But, I seem to be within timeline for everyone else who received AOR... it's just that the earlier 2020 took a while to get AOR due to covid. I am sure I have a nice comfortable wait ahead. *sigh*
Hopefully not too long a wait! I found out last night that we got SA in March but my husband forgot to tell me he got the email because he read it, saw he didn't have to do anything and then totally forgot to forward it to me. Poor guy is finishing his graduate degree this week and is definitely absentminded. Hopefully we'll get AOR2 soon! Says it was transferred to New York - can't seem to find a thread on that VO, so no idea if it is a fast or slow moving one.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hopefully not too long a wait! I found out last night that we got SA in March but my husband forgot to tell me he got the email because he read it, saw he didn't have to do anything and then totally forgot to forward it to me. Poor guy is finishing his graduate degree this week and is definitely absentminded. Hopefully we'll get AOR2 soon! Says it was transferred to New York - can't seem to find a thread on that VO, so no idea if it is a fast or slow moving one.
I hope you get AOR2 soon too! Just keep checking on the PA side for it to go to "Application Received" and then back to "In Process" and look for that line item, "We started processing your application on [date]." I have tried find Paris VO people and have had no luck. Did you search Buffalo? I believe that is the city.