+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Listen, I understand it's not a fair process, it's not first come first serve, all applications are handled case by case etc. etc. That's not my arguement. I just find it unfathomable that someone's whole application is complete in 5 weeks from start to finish - and if they can complete one in that length of time there is no reason for any file to take 1+ years. Other developed countries manage to complete applications much quicker compared to Canada, maybe Canada should be looking to processes in other countries.
Personally I think that information is fake and not true. "Posting for a friend" and, by the way, only DM, no PPR.

Looking at the trackers: basically a handful (like less than a half dozen) of outland PPRs from August to now. All PPRs in August/September. Not very many DMs in between either. (DM is not PPR, I repeat)

So it sure seems more likely it's fake to me.

That said: if seeing posts about people getting PPR/DM before you do upsets you - you should probably stop reading posts in these threads. It's not healthy.

mamgain002

Dec 12, 2014
Application Receieved - 10 Feb 2021
AOR, SA , BIL and Medical Complete
ECAS Application status changed to " Application receieved"- 24th Mar 2021
ECAS Application status changed to "in process"-6 Apr 2021

I dont know where is our application sent to as it wasnt mentioned in SA letter, tried calling IRCC but could not connect.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Personally I think that information is fake and not true. "Posting for a friend" and, by the way, only DM, no PPR.

Looking at the trackers: basically a handful (like less than a half dozen) of outland PPRs from August to now. All PPRs in August/September. Not very many DMs in between either. (DM is not PPR, I repeat)

So it sure seems more likely it's fake to me.

That said: if seeing posts about people getting PPR/DM before you do upsets you - you should probably stop reading posts in these threads. It's not healthy.
It doesn't upset me in general. It's also not healthy that I haven't been able to see my husband in a year and there are barriers everywhere to doing so. I wouldn't be upset if I either of us could visit each other... but we are stuck here in limbo with no freaking clue of when that will be. Another 6 months, a year...2??? There is no measure and that is extremely stressful and I'm very emotional. I however, do not begrudge anyone's happiness for being reunited with their spouse and I am happy for them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It doesn't upset me in general. It's also not healthy that I haven't been able to see my husband in a year and there are barriers everywhere to doing so. I wouldn't be upset if I either of us could visit each other... but we are stuck here in limbo with no freaking clue of when that will be. Another 6 months, a year...2??? There is no measure and that is extremely stressful and I'm very emotional. I however, do not begrudge anyone's happiness for being reunited with their spouse and I am happy for them.
If I understand correctly, you haven't applied for a TRV - the one thing you can do. (And apply again if refused...)

Have you ordered gcms notes?

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If I understand correctly, you haven't applied for a TRV - the one thing you can do. (And apply again if refused...)

Have you ordered gcms notes?
Yes, I was going to apply for a TRV, but after seeing yesterday it takes 591 days, what's the point...that's close to 2 years.

I'm not at any stage to order gcms notes, I don't see that it's been a considerable amount of time to do so to show anything. I was going to call at the end of April to ask if my husband's file has been transferred to the VO yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I was going to apply for a TRV, but after seeing yesterday it takes 591 days, what's the point...that's close to 2 years.

I'm not at any stage to order gcms notes, I don't see that it's been a considerable amount of time to do so to show anything. I was going to call at the end of April to ask if my husband's file has been transferred to the VO yet.
Ignore the timeline - it is heavily influenced right now by the pandemic delays - including the fact that IRCC is largely (as I understand) not processing TRV for those that do not have immediate family (or similar) exemptions. Therefore those that do are eligible for the exemptions might get done much more quickly.

Do what you can do. You can apply for TRV; perhaps you will get it more quickly. Stop looking for reasons not to apply.

GCMS notes: you have been here long enough to know that it can, occasionally, be useful. If you find out - for example - that interview is recommended and you can figure out the reason why, providing info to IRCC to respond to whatever the concern identified is might make them skip the interview.

It's worth a try. Or maybe you'll find other info.

Contact / inquire of your MP too.

All of these thigns might not work - but they are the things you can do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

And geez - you only applied in December 2020? The delays for you not seeing your spouse for over a year are not even really IRCC's fault.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
And geez - you only applied in December 2020? The delays for you not seeing your spouse for over a year are not even really IRCC's fault.
I'm not saying it's all IRCC's fault!!! Nowhere! I've mentioned many times it was due to Covid.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Ignore the timeline - it is heavily influenced right now by the pandemic delays - including the fact that IRCC is largely (as I understand) not processing TRV for those that do not have immediate family (or similar) exemptions. Therefore those that do are eligible for the exemptions might get done much more quickly.

Do what you can do. You can apply for TRV; perhaps you will get it more quickly. Stop looking for reasons not to apply.

GCMS notes: you have been here long enough to know that it can, occasionally, be useful. If you find out - for example - that interview is recommended and you can figure out the reason why, providing info to IRCC to respond to whatever the concern identified is might make them skip the interview.

It's worth a try. Or maybe you'll find other info.

Contact / inquire of your MP too.

All of these thigns might not work - but they are the things you can do.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look in to doing these things.

Reactions: canuckkiwi

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
This is a forum where we should all be able to vent as it is extremely difficult and stressful for all of us. Good news, though, in my opinion, should also be shared. None of us should feel any shame in expressing ourselves.
his*marty, my heart goes out to you, as my heart goes out to everyone here. The process is not good. But it is what it is. The crazy cases that get processed super quickly should be the norm. I honestly believe all spouses should get automatic temporary visas. It’s ridiculous what they put everyone through.
That being said, APPLY for TRV! The worst case scenario is we get denied. I’ve seen a couple cases that got accepted in 2-3 months. Both cases were from India, and my husband is in Nigeria, so I think ours is a long shot, but I’ve still thrown our hat in the ring. Covid has given us all a break in terms of TRV because prior to the pandemic we were less likely to be accepted, but now we are MORE likely to be accepted for TRV.
Try to keep your head up.

NoraS

Apr 6, 2021
Hi, we submitted our PR spouse sponsorship- family class and it was received in NS on 21 Jan. We are residing in the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have not received any email and the application is not linked to the account. Anyone on the same timeline and has more info?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, we submitted our PR spouse sponsorship- family class and it was received in NS on 21 Jan. We are residing in the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have not received any email and the application is not linked to the account. Anyone on the same timeline and has more info?
You can look at the tracker - first page of this thread has links - and no, you're not alone. Only about two-thirds have received AOR so far. You won't be able to link until you get the AOR.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
This is a forum where we should all be able to vent as it is extremely difficult and stressful for all of us. Good news, though, in my opinion, should also be shared. None of us should feel any shame in expressing ourselves.
his*marty, my heart goes out to you, as my heart goes out to everyone here. The process is not good. But it is what it is. The crazy cases that get processed super quickly should be the norm. I honestly believe all spouses should get automatic temporary visas. It’s ridiculous what they put everyone through.
That being said, APPLY for TRV! The worst case scenario is we get denied. I’ve seen a couple cases that got accepted in 2-3 months. Both cases were from India, and my husband is in Nigeria, so I think ours is a long shot, but I’ve still thrown our hat in the ring. Covid has given us all a break in terms of TRV because prior to the pandemic we were less likely to be accepted, but now we are MORE likely to be accepted for TRV.
Try to keep your head up.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Well, the processing time for TRV from India is 142 days...so even if I cut the waiting time in half for my husband it's still 295 days...almost a year... I will try and again, not holding my breath... I feel like I'm just going to repeatedly keep sending them money for nothing as I keep trying until I can travel.

NoraS

Apr 6, 2021
You can look at the tracker - first page of this thread has links - and no, you're not alone. Only about two-thirds have received AOR so far. You won't be able to link until you get the AOR.
The tracker has many that applied in the US have a AOR1 at least, we do not even have that. Not sure if that comes by email or mail

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The tracker has many that applied in the US have a AOR1 at least, we do not even have that. Not sure if that comes by email or mail
If you attached your email, it will come via email in a PDF. Make sure to check your junk mail.

Reactions: NoraS