+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
This timeline gives lot of hope !! :D Would we receive an update on GCKey profile for AOR2?
As much as I am happy someone else got approved, this is a slap in the face to those who have been waiting for longer than me. I have yet to receive AOR and my file was received Jan 19 2021. There is no process that makes sense here, none whatsoever.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
As much as I am happy someone else got approved, this is a slap in the face to those who have been waiting for longer than me. I have yet to receive AOR and my file was received Jan 19 2021. There is no process that makes sense here, none whatsoever.
100%... these kinds of quick turnarounds are a slap in the face to MANY families. I'd like to know in what circumstances an application would be processed so fast.... and honestly I'd be embarrassed to even share publicly that I received DM from date of application in a matter of 5-6 weeks.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
yes... it makes me angry. like why do they start processing jan-march 2021 people faster than those who applied in sept-december 2020... mess..

Reactions: his*marty

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Please help!!
I am in a weird situation, My spouse in India. And I filled the forms and validated the forms and sent her via email, when she takes the printout the serial numbers on right hand side of the application which has barcode are changing every time, when we take a printout from different computers? Can i send the different serial numbers applications? Thanks in advance!!

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
yes... it makes me angry. like why do they start processing jan-march 2021 people faster than those who applied in sept-december 2020... mess..
I am very angry about this. People have been waiting for over 12 months and can't be processed? AOR is given in no set order... I just want my AOR number so that I know nothing is missing and my application would not be sent back. I want people before me to share their good news that things are moving for them.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I am very angry about this. People have been waiting for over 12 months and can't be processed? AOR is given in no set order... I just want my AOR number so that I know nothing is missing and my application would not be sent back. I want people before me to share their good news that things are moving for them.
exactly!!! dammit.. :mad:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,
Please help!!
I am in a weird situation, My spouse in India. And I filled the forms and validated the forms and sent her via email, when she takes the printout the serial numbers on right hand side of the application which has barcode are changing every time, when we take a printout from different computers? Can i send the different serial numbers applications? Thanks in advance!!
I responded to your post in another thread. No need to post the same question in multiple threads.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Covid only affects some applications, not all.

tqtrace

Apr 6, 2021
I started the process with an attorney back in January (actually before but submitted January). I have gotten through the biometrics and submitted. I noticed on the spreadsheet there are a lot of people that have already done medical. I have had no such request. Is this something I am missing?

albertfernandes89

Dec 23, 2020
canada
I started the process with an attorney back in January (actually before but submitted January). I have gotten through the biometrics and submitted. I noticed on the spreadsheet there are a lot of people that have already done medical. I have had no such request. Is this something I am missing?
I am in similar situation. As per spreadsheet ter r some of us who have biometrics but no medical request yet.

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
100%... these kinds of quick turnarounds are a slap in the face to MANY families. I'd like to know in what circumstances an application would be processed so fast.... and honestly I'd be embarrassed to even share publicly that I received DM from date of application in a matter of 5-6 weeks.
Why would anyone be embarrassed? We are all here to share our experiences on a public forum.

I am a March 2020 applicant and just got passport request over two weeks ago. Whereas, I know July and August applicants who got passport request in December.

This process is well, a process. There is no reasoning behind anything.

This isn’t a doctors office where you will go in first come, first serve. The earlier everyone realizes that, the less disappointed anyone will be. Welcome to the real world.

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
I waited over 7 months for my acknowledgement email. Also definitely had later months receive the email before I did. It’s a process. Sit back and relax.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Why would anyone be embarrassed? We are all here to share our experiences on a public forum.

I am a March 2020 applicant and just got passport request over two weeks ago. Whereas, I know July and August applicants who got passport request in December.

This process is well, a process. There is no reasoning behind anything.

This isn’t a doctors office where you will go in first come, first serve. The earlier everyone realizes that, the less disappointed anyone will be. Welcome to the real world.
I understand that it's not first come, first serve. I would personally be embarrassed to share that because people are waiting 1, 2+ years and I feel like I was rubbing in their faces that mine was processed start to finish in 4-6 weeks. Of course, I would be happy for myself, who wouldn't be... but I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that information with others - this is a painful process. Like I said, happy for that person - but I'm entitled to my own feelings.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
I understand that it's not first come, first serve. I would personally be embarrassed to share that because people are waiting 1, 2+ years and I feel like I was rubbing in their faces that mine was processed start to finish in 4-6 weeks. Of course, I would be happy for myself, who wouldn't be... but I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that information with others - this is a painful process. Like I said, happy for that person - but I'm entitled to my own feelings.
Every application is different from others. In some applications do more checks like social assistance etc if the sponsor doesn't have a good-paying job/funds to support and different VO across the globe has different policies (like LVO is the slowest office) and there are other checks like relationship etc.. and on their end, one immigration officer is different from another immigration officer they will review based on the documentation provided..so there are a lot of complexity involved in some applications.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Every application is different from others. In some applications do more checks like social assistance etc if the sponsor doesn't have a good-paying job/funds to support and different VO across the globe has different policies (like LVO is the slowest office) and there are other checks like relationship etc.. and on their end, one immigration officer is different from another immigration officer they will review based on the documentation provided..so there are a lot of complexity involved in some applications.
Listen, I understand it's not a fair process, it's not first come first serve, all applications are handled case by case etc. etc. That's not my arguement. I just find it unfathomable that someone's whole application is complete in 5 weeks from start to finish - and if they can complete one in that length of time there is no reason for any file to take 1+ years. Other developed countries manage to complete applications much quicker compared to Canada, maybe Canada should be looking to processes in other countries.