+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
PA has received AOR1 as well as I (sponsor) have got approval and the file has been moved to London office. I noticed that I have been refunded for Biometrics as PA had previously applied for a TRV. No medical request received yet and online status shows background processing is in process. Is that normal for background process to start before the medicals?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi, I am the same as you. Got SA approval, AOR1 and Biometrics done. Waiting for Medical request...and my GCkey says background check in process. It seems normal. Look on the Jan 2021 excel sheet tracker for more precise info but it seems like we are right on track. Good luck!

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hello guys,

I just received an email with application No# starting with F. They received the application back on Jan 19th. The email title is weird though, the title is: "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada –Additional Info Required". they ask for an updated police certificate for PA, does this mean that the application will not be processed further until I send the updated police certificate?

Thanks, everyone.
They asked my PA for a police report as well. I got my SA and AOR after they emailed me for the additional info/form. I assume they will process the sponsor's application but hold off on the Permanent resident application for the PA. We haven't gotten a Medical request, I assume they will ask when I submit the police report.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They asked my PA for a police report as well. I got my SA and AOR after they emailed me for the additional info/form. I assume they will process the sponsor's application but hold off on the Permanent resident application for the PA. We haven't gotten a Medical request, I assume they will ask when I submit the police report.
To be clear: I think it depends on whether the PA/sponsor forgot to include the required police report, or whether application is from a country where the police report habitually comes later (i.e. some countries require the request from IRCC/consulate/embassy in order to issue police report).

If the latter - it's obviously completely normal part of the process and everything should proceed as per usual. Not submitting will eventually lead to delays, of course.

el_0211

Jul 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
I would suggest getting it done as soon as you can. If you wait to do it, then that is that much more time that you have to wait for them to process it. Plus, you don't know when another lock down may come about to cause you issues. I read another poster that said they got the letter and finally got a plane ticket for some place that had testing open since his/her country had their center closed. They had the appointment, but then the country was shut down and he/she could not go to get the medical done and ran out of time despite the extension. Good luck. I am still waiting for SA and the requests myself.
I gotta ask, how long do they give for biometric extension? What if I can't give within the 90 days? Do they extend further? And how about medical request, do they request at the same time as biometrics or every app is different? Thanks.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I gotta ask, how long do they give for biometric extension? What if I can't give within the 90 days? Do they extend further? And how about medical request, do they request at the same time as biometrics or every app is different? Thanks.
From what I have read online, IRCC is not denying applications due to not being able to get things done during the pandemic. However, lawyers are saying that they have plenty of cases that say otherwise. I would just keep in contact with IRCC with your status and try to do what you can to get things done on time. I have heard several people say that they had to go to different countries to get things done.

Rebecca9

Mar 10, 2021
Hi all. I am new to this portal.
We recently got the medical request for Outland spousal sponsorship application.
We did give the medical about 2 week ago already. Just wanted to know if it does update on ecas or anywhere on cic account that the medical results were received?

because when we track it online on ecas, it still shows medical results have been requested. Please advise. Thanks.

reshma1994

Mar 10, 2021
Hi All,
I have completed my medical and GC Key profile says i have passed medical. However i got an e-medical information sheet from panel physician. Should I send or upload this sheet anywhere? Appreciate any help.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,
I have completed my medical and GC Key profile says i have passed medical. However i got an e-medical information sheet from panel physician. Should I send or upload this sheet anywhere? Appreciate any help.

Thanks
No need, it's already done. Keep your copy just in case.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hi All,

Thanks
You don't need to upload, the medical result will be sent by physician and may take a week or so based on where you give medical and turn around time.
For upfront medicals (like express entry) there will be option to upload e-medical letter.

reshma1994

Mar 10, 2021
You don't need to upload, the medical result will be sent by physician and may take a week or so based on where you give medical and turn around time.
For upfront medicals (like express entry) there will be option to upload e-medical letter.
Thanks

Rebecca9

Mar 10, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi Reshma. After how many days did it update the medical pass status for you?

thank you

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi Reshma. After how many days did it update the medical pass status for you?

thank you
If you go look at the spread sheets, you can see all that information for all the applicants that have applied and put down their info.

Sharmaprakhar

May 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have just recevied an email from IRCC headlined "Information about Fxxxxxxxxx Correspondece ID 2-xxxxxxxxxxx" stating that this is to confirm that application to sponsor a family member has been received on Date on behalf of the following member - Name of the Principal Applicant........

Can I consier this as an AOR1... And if Yes, I am still unable to link my GC key with it despite trying N number of permutations and combinations including the instructions mentioned on the spreadsheet which is being floated around in this forum every now and then....

Any suggestions..... Thanks....

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have just recevied an email from IRCC headlined "Information about Fxxxxxxxxx Correspondece ID 2-xxxxxxxxxxx" stating that this is to confirm that application to sponsor a family member has been received on Date on behalf of the following member - Name of the Principal Applicant........

Can I consier this as an AOR1... And if Yes, I am still unable to link my GC key with it despite trying N number of permutations and combinations including the instructions mentioned on the spreadsheet which is being floated around in this forum every now and then....

Any suggestions..... Thanks....
Yes it is AOR 1, just keep trying to link it using the application and/or UCI number, you will eventually get it. Pretty finicky system.