+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ellag

Apr 9, 2020
I haven't yet and my AOR was Feb 18th - Almost 3 weeks. UGG!! I am sure they scanned it in for someone for online viewing and they have tons to process. These people that get them all in the same day or within days of each other are so darn lucky. I agree this is frustrating. But I can't complain too much given what other applicants are going through. Still, the wait is driving me crazy.
I always tell myself that I was lucky enough to get my AOR faster than the others who are still waiting (2020 apps) but I just want some assurance that I will get the request sooner or later. + I need to know if I'm going to wait for a long time so I could get a job while waiting.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Do you have any idea why it's taking a long time? I'm just getting anxious everyday. I want to know if I still have a long time of waiting.
I'm not sure why it's taking long. I was also happy to get AOR in 24 days but nothing after.. I think they just scanned our application for workers working at home and they will take their sweet time

Reactions: AmyL

ellag

Apr 9, 2020
I'm
I'm not sure why it's taking long. I was also happy to get AOR in 24 days but nothing after.. I think they just scanned our application for workers working at home and they will take their sweet time
I'm not sure if I should be annoyed or grateful. This was our second time applying (first one got returned after 7 months!) so I'm really torn on what to feel.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I'm

I'm not sure if I should be annoyed or grateful. This was our second time applying (first one got returned after 7 months!) so I'm really torn on what to feel.
That's very tough 7 month! Was it because of a minor error? Well it's good news that you've received AOR. Now we all have to wait...

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I always tell myself that I was lucky enough to get my AOR faster than the others who are still waiting (2020 apps) but I just want some assurance that I will get the request sooner or later. + I need to know if I'm going to wait for a long time so I could get a job while waiting.
Yeah, I have to consider if I am going to renew my annual contract for work for another year and my lease on my apartment. They are both up in May (with a deadline at the beginning of July to quit) and August respectively. I was hoping to finish the first half and get it sent to the VO's office before the end of April, so I would have some kind of idea of what to do.

ellag

Apr 9, 2020
That's very tough 7 month! Was it because of a minor error? Well it's good news that you've received AOR. Now we all have to wait...
My husband forgot to sign one form so we had to resubmit it.

Yeah sadly this whole process and covid situation is nothing but a waiting game. Good luck to us!

Reactions: kittenlover

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Found out some information about the lag. This lawyer on twitter has some interesting posts with some great information. Real numbers and such
Steven Meurrens
@smeurrens

He pointed out just how many people were not working at the different offices and that VO-M is effectively closed until Ontario/Toronto opens up.
Wow. Thank you for sharing.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
So, please let me know if I am getting this wrong. According to the posts this guy put up and their supporting pics/docs, there are 51 decision makers and with a 2:1 ratio of supporting staff, approximately 100 workers for a total of 150 ish spousal applicant workers. The new 62 workers will add maybe 50 to spousal ish because it said that the new staff will be "primarially dedicated" to outland sponsorship. Therefore, 200 ish (215 max and if the guy is right about the 24 overseas, then it's about 240-250 max unless they too have the 2:1 ration, which would make it go to 300 max) workers total for spousal sponsorships.

Another post shows that they have 10,254 employees (adding the 62) which makes our spousal applicant workers as just over 2% of the staff, so why are we designated as such a small percentage?200-300 to process thousands. Doesn't seem right or fair.

And just because they were there:
and are greatly appalling. No wonder our apps are sitting just waiting for so long.

xtrmr2003

Aug 11, 2010
PA has received AOR1 as well as I (sponsor) have got approval and the file has been moved to London office. I noticed that I have been refunded for Biometrics as PA had previously applied for a TRV. No medical request received yet and online status shows background processing is in process. Is that normal for background process to start before the medicals?

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: AmyL

TZS

Feb 2, 2021
Hello guys,

I just received an email with application No# starting with F. They received the application back on Jan 19th. The email title is weird though, the title is: "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada –Additional Info Required". they ask for an updated police certificate for PA, does this mean that the application will not be processed further until I send the updated police certificate?

Thanks, everyone.

ellag

Apr 9, 2020
Hello guys,

I just received an email with application No# starting with F. They received the application back on Jan 19th. The email title is weird though, the title is: "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada –Additional Info Required". they ask for an updated police certificate for PA, does this mean that the application will not be processed further until I send the updated police certificate?

Thanks, everyone.
Have you linked your app in the GCKey? You can upload the Additional info/file needed there.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys,

Thanks, everyone.
Not clear how much they would proceed with processing without this. They can proceed with evaluating the sponsor for eligibility. They could proceed to ask for biometrics etc but no-one can say.

So the simplest answer is, it's in your best interests to submit the police certificate as soon as possible. If they gave a deadline to submit and you cannot get by then, you need to let them know.