+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.
It's too early to say anything. The Standard Processing time is 12 months (CIC Website) and most of the applications are processed within this time frame (around 50% in 5-6 months 20-30% in 6-12 months). AOR takes 2-3 months, followed by Biometric, Medical and it will take 3-4 to finalize the application by the officer. The Processing time depends on the complexity (>12 months) of the application, country of origin, local visa office etc.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

Just now saw a new update ' Your current home address' in ecas. Does anybody else noticed the same ? Any idea about this ?
Please when you saw this, did it change your home address to that of your spouse in Canada? Or it just asked you to update your home address? What did you do when you saw it?

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
It's too early to say anything. The Standard Processing time is 12 months (CIC Website) and most of the applications are processed within this time frame (around 50% in 5-6 months 20-30% in 6-12 months). AOR takes 2-3 months, followed by Biometric, Medical and it will take 3-4 to finalize the application by the officer. The Processing time depends on the complexity (>12 months) of the application, country of origin, local visa office etc.
Do you know how can I add my details in this tracker?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/htmlview?usp=sharing&pru=AAABfVPzYaE*vydekyyZJUN73YXeehSERw#

rahmathahmed

Sep 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in January 2021 and received sponsor's approval in May but nothing since then.
PA: India.
VO: Not sure, Probably NDVO. Can you let me know how do we check the visa office?
Yet to receive medical requests. I ordered GCMS Notes and got this.

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2021/05/10 08:35:04
Created By: JK10037
Updated Date: 2021/05/10 08:35:08
Updated By: JK10037
Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed. GCMS Check: No relevant/material information found. Correct fees received and allocated. Client will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application. Case forwarded to visa office for processing.

Is there an office I need to contact. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in January 2021 and received sponsor's approval in May but nothing since then.
PA: India.
VO: Not sure, Probably NDVO. Can you let me know how do we check the visa office?
Yet to receive medical requests. I ordered GCMS Notes and got this.

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2021/05/10 08:35:04
Created By: JK10037
Updated Date: 2021/05/10 08:35:08
Updated By: JK10037
Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed. GCMS Check: No relevant/material information found. Correct fees received and allocated. Client will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application. Case forwarded to visa office for processing.

Is there an office I need to contact. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
You are in order, nothing else from your side. Have you been sent medicals? If not, you just have to wait for that. I have something similar to this on my notes as well. They are just informing the sponsor of the next line of action once medicals is sent out and what they expect from the PA after getting the medical request.
What's your Eligibility, criminality, security and info sharing saying?

rahmathahmed

Sep 6, 2017
You are in order, nothing else from your side. Have you been sent medicals? If not, you just have to wait for that. I have something similar to this on my notes as well. They are just informing the sponsor of the next line of action once medicals is sent out and what they expect from the PA after getting the medical request.
What's your Eligibility, criminality, security and info sharing saying?
Thank you very much.

Haven't got the medicals yet. I was hoping I could get an upfront Medical done if that is an option.
Also is there a way to contact this CIO office or to know where my file is stuck at.
Does this mean eligibility has started.?.

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Biometrics: July 12, 2021 Completed.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Thank you very much.

Haven't got the medicals yet. I was hoping I could get an upfront Medical done if that is an option.
Also is there a way to contact this CIO office or to know where my file is stuck at.
Does this mean eligibility has started.?.

• Biometrics: July 12, 2021 Completed.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I don't have any useful information about doing medicals upfront, but most applications usually get request for medicals.
Also, from your SA they should have indicated where your file was transferred to.
The number you can call them on is that of the CIO, kindly Google that as I don't have it but I know you can get it online.
GCKEY as some people have said in the past may not be a true indicator of what's going on, some applications don't get updated until everything is done, the eCAS online tool may be slightly better to check.
You have your GCMS notes already, kindly check page 2 under assessment, you should see what your eligibility, criminality, security is truly saying.

Last edited:

SidSom

Nov 16, 2021
Hi All

For the PR visa I have a few questions if you guys can help with your experience:

1) I made the payment via the payment link received. When would I receive the AWB number and when will blue dart come to pick passport?
2)Which form to fill for height and color?
3) Is there any specific envelope to use or any envelope will do?
4) What all to put inside the envelope- passport, 2 photos, PPR email, height color form? Anything else?
5) The SMS form and consent forms are to be put inside the envelope or hand over to the courier boy?
6) In the SMS form what is SO Done By/Date _______________________ DO Done By/Date ____________________ (After point no. 3). I mean what date to fill in these?
7) Do I need to fill the consent form? I don't understand that form.

nriz

Nov 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Jan 2021 Outland applicant here.
We have a status changed to decision made since Nov 18.
Haven't received passport request yet.
How long does it usually take to receive the ppr after decision made ?
Thanks

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Hey all! DEC 29TH 2020 Applicant

- Dec 29th app received
- Feb 11th AOR
- Feb 25th Biometrics instruction letter
- Mar 1st Sponsor Approval
- Mar 1st File transferred to New York Visa Office
- August 28th Medical request
- August 28th Pre A received
-August 28th Invite to pre-arrival services.

(NEW UPDATES)
-Medicals Completed October 28th
-Medicals passed November 11th

From what I have been hearing and in other threads on this site the medicals seem to be toward the end for NYVO so fingers crossed there will be DM soon ,we started as Outland but my wife came here shortly after AOR1 but after reading here was wondering if the application will be finalized in Canada? Her address was updated back in February to show Canadian address ,just being a curious cat haha.

Hope you're all well!

Reactions: cooky.sonu

chattha-ukc

Aug 9, 2021
Jan 2021 aplicant,
Aor,Bio, SA in April
Ao2 Oct
Medical passed 11th Nov

Got adr - nov 22

1-imm5562
2-schedule A
3-new communication proof and pics