+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants (PNP) waiting for AOR/MR/PPR/COPR - Let's join here and share application updates and status

kanwal.ghuman66

Apr 8, 2020
Hi there, I have a query after we receive Nomination from OINP under the International Student stream category. Is it mandatory to apply to IRCC through Paper based application, can someone apply through EE-CEC category if he or she is eligible, or no it has to be through paper based application. Thanks

Last edited:

Pmkansh

Aug 7, 2019
Hi there, I have a query after we receive Nomination from OINP under the International Student stream category. Is it mandatory to apply to IRCC through Paper based application, can someone apply through EE-CEC category if he or she is eligible, or no it has to be through paper based application. Thanks

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi there, I have a query after we receive Nomination from OINP under the International Student stream category. Is it mandatory to apply to IRCC through Paper based application, can someone apply through EE-CEC category if he or she is eligible, or no it has to be through paper-based application? Thanks
Hi Kanwal,

If you have been nominated by OINP under any non-express entry based stream, then the only option to apply for PR is to apply through a paper-based application. Non-express entry based nomination are not eligible to receive 600 points for PNP. All the best for your application.

aryan27

Sep 6, 2017
@dhavalmungra Thank you for your reply so that means OINP International Student Category is Non-express entry stream right?
I have the same question. Please guide. After we get nomination for OINP-INTERNATIONAL student stream - can we only do paper based application? Is there any other option available? Because waiting time is 18 months

kanwal.ghuman66

Apr 8, 2020
I have the same question. Please guide. After we get nomination for OINP-INTERNATIONAL student stream - can we only do paper based application? Is there any other option available? Because waiting time is 18 months
Yes, we only have 1 choice to submit a paper application to IRCC because OINP-JOIS is a non-express entry stream. The waiting time has been updated to 21 months.

Reactions: Micheal737373

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi guys!
I need urgent help. I received OINP nomination under international student stream in June 2020. The expiry date on my certificate says November 30,2020.
I know we had 6 months, but I had issues gathering documents and then I was hoping for EE... anyways, I decided to get back to paper based application and sent full package on November 24. It reached Sydney office on November 30, 2020 EXACTLY!
Now my question: will they accept my application? I know we must send before expiry date, but what is considered expiry in this case: November 30 is already expired or the last day it is valid?
Some please suggest! In case it is expired, what are my next steps (did not receive AOR of course yet, you know waiting time is very long, so I want to be proactive in the meantime in case I receive bad news)... please don’t say how stupid I am, I know it :( I need advices now... thanks

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi guys!
I need urgent help. I received OINP nomination under international student stream in June 2020. The expiry date on my certificate says November 30,2020.
I know we had 6 months, but I had issues gathering documents and then I was hoping for EE... anyways, I decided to get back to paper based application and sent full package on November 24. It reached Sydney office on November 30, 2020 EXACTLY!
Now my question: will they accept my application? I know we must send before expiry date, but what is considered expiry in this case: November 30 is already expired or the last day it is valid?
Some please suggest! In case it is expired, what are my next steps (did not receive AOR of course yet, you know waiting time is very long, so I want to be proactive in the meantime in case I receive bad news)... please don’t say how stupid I am, I know it :( I need advices now... thanks
Hi,

As per the below link, Applications are date‑stamped on receipt at the CIO and then checked for completeness by date of receipt. The “application received” date at the CIO is the lock‑in date.

So I believe, your nomination should be considered valid as long as they have received your application on or before 30 Nov 2020.

Ref. Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/procedures-centralized-intake-office-paper-based-non-applications.html

Reactions: akash001