+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants (PNP) waiting for AOR/MR/PPR/COPR - Let's join here and share application updates and status

littlebug

May 25, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
PNP
Re: Progress Bar

I see a lot of people asking about the progress bar. To be honest I don't think the progress bar does any movement based on application progress.
It's likely only useful to see the start and end dates as estimates.

From my analysis this is what the bar actually does:
  • Gets the date the application was received.
    • Sets it at the starting point.
  • Adds the estimated/average time to complete an application (from A-to-Z) to the start date.
    • Sets it as the end date.
  • Then some sort of calculation:
    • Count the days between the start and end date
      • In my application, it was 640 days.
    • Count the days between the start date and today's date
      • In my application, based on today's date, it was 397 days.
    • Get the percentage based on that:
      • 397 / 640 = 0.6203125 = 62%
      • Guess what it was in my application? Yup, 62%.

Any milestones or updates on the application itself doesn't reflect as movement on the progress bar.

I am assuming IRCC used averages to get the estimated time to completion, and that's probably going to be somewhat accurate for most people. There will probably be exceptions where some applications would go faster (easier to verify, quicker background checks, etc.) or slower (more complicated applications).

Guess there's also a chance that they have sped things up, but have not yet updated the 'average time it takes' to that part of the code. That is just wishful thinking on my part though, and I wouldn't count on it (although I'm hoping it is true!).
You are right. Your post should be pinned.

SamSam888

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
- 2022-04-19: received portal emails 1&2, there is nothing changed in GCKey and Ecas. GCKey still shows "we are processing eligibility and background check". Ecas was the same, "In Process".
- 2022-04-20: Ecas was changed to "Decision Made", and GCKey was not changed.
- 2022-04-21: received eCoPR, GCkey was changed to "Approved", eligibility and background check were passed. The funny thing is my background check was passed on the day I received AOR, but it was not reflected in the GCKey until this day. Ecas was the same, "Decision Made". In the PR portal account, the mailing address was approved and the PR photo was still "In preview with IRCC".
- 2022-04-22: Ecas was changed to "Completed".
Now, the PR portal is still the same (PR Photo is "In preview with IRCC). I think it will be changed to approved when they print my PR card.

I hope this helps.
It absolutely helps. This progress bar is so frustrating. I don't care about that. It just gives everybody more stress.

Reactions: littlebug

Aswer

Jan 10, 2019
- 2022-04-19: received portal emails 1&2, there is nothing changed in GCKey and Ecas. GCKey still shows "we are processing eligibility and background check". Ecas was the same, "In Process".
- 2022-04-20: Ecas was changed to "Decision Made", and GCKey was not changed.
- 2022-04-21: received eCoPR, GCkey was changed to "Approved", eligibility and background check were passed. The funny thing is my background check was passed on the day I received AOR, but it was not reflected in the GCKey until this day. Ecas was the same, "Decision Made". In the PR portal account, the mailing address was approved and the PR photo was still "In preview with IRCC".
- 2022-04-22: Ecas was changed to "Completed".
Now, the PR portal is still the same (PR Photo is "In preview with IRCC). I think it will be changed to approved when they print my PR card.

I hope this helps.
i like you explain this good thanks

Reactions: littlebug

Guiltbright

Jun 22, 2021
Saskatchewan PNP OID (Outland)

PNP Process (Non-EE/Paper Based)

AR: April 8 2021
AOR: March 4 2022
Bio: March 5 2022
PAL: April 13 2022
ADR: April 13 2022
ADR for RPRF receipt.
Waaal that's wonderful, I am SNIP Outland same as you are. Have been wondering if I should do medicals and bio upfront. Paid for BIO at application stage.,,,, would you advice me to do medicals despite not having received the request?. Do you advice doing them all.of us. How did you send your medical results? Since this request is not on the portal I can not upload them on portal

Sam87

Mar 15, 2022
Waaal that's wonderful, I am SNIP Outland same as you are. Have been wondering if I should do medicals and bio upfront. Paid for BIO at application stage.,,,, would you advice me to do medicals despite not having received the request?. Do you advice doing them all.of us. How did you send your medical results? Since this request is not on the portal I can not upload them on portal
Saskatchewan PNP OID (Outland)

PNP Process (Non-EE/Paper Based)

AR: April 8 2021
AOR: March 4 2022
Bio: March 5 2022
PAL: April 13 2022
ADR: April 13 2022
ADR for RPRF receipt.
Thats good news so when you should expect portal request.

Guiltbright

Jun 22, 2021
Re: Progress Bar

I see a lot of people asking about the progress bar. To be honest I don't think the progress bar does any movement based on application progress.
It's likely only useful to see the start and end dates as estimates.

From my analysis this is what the bar actually does:
  • Gets the date the application was received.
    • Sets it at the starting point.
  • Adds the estimated/average time to complete an application (from A-to-Z) to the start date.
    • Sets it as the end date.
  • Then some sort of calculation:
    • Count the days between the start and end date
      • In my application, it was 640 days.
    • Count the days between the start date and today's date
      • In my application, based on today's date, it was 397 days.
    • Get the percentage based on that:
      • 397 / 640 = 0.6203125 = 62%
      • Guess what it was in my application? Yup, 62%.

Any milestones or updates on the application itself doesn't reflect as movement on the progress bar.

I am assuming IRCC used averages to get the estimated time to completion, and that's probably going to be somewhat accurate for most people. There will probably be exceptions where some applications would go faster (easier to verify, quicker background checks, etc.) or slower (more complicated applications).

Guess there's also a chance that they have sped things up, but have not yet updated the 'average time it takes' to that part of the code. That is just wishful thinking on my part though, and I wouldn't count on it (although I'm hoping it is true!).
Well said, I calculated mine days too from AR to expected completion, looking at the time lapsed as a percentage of the expected time the percentage comes. I am sure it has no bearing on the application progress. If it was we will not have some here receiving portal email 1&2 with the progress bar only around 50s

Sidhusahab

Mar 8, 2022
You got an email for that. Whave u linked it. And what's is this showing. What adr they require. You r inland or outland. Pls reply.

Gh123

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
You got an email for that. Whave u linked it. And what's is this showing. What adr they require. You r inland or outland. Pls reply.
I am inland with 4 dependants, they asked for birth certificate for myself and spouse, schedule A for spouse, new passport copies as my passport is about to expire, and PR rights fees

Gh123

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I am inland with 4 dependants, they asked for birth certificate for myself and spouse, schedule A for spouse, new passport copies as my passport is about to expire, and PR rights fees
I am confused about my eligibility showing "we are receiving your eligibility" but no passes showing? Has anyone experienced this and what happened after ADR
were submitted?

Neptune98

Apr 24, 2022
paper based application submitted May 20th 2021 through online portal, it still shows submitted but nothing heard from ircc till this date