+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants (PNP) waiting for AOR/MR/PPR/COPR - Let's join here and share application updates and status

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I have the exact same issue. I am worried that if I get portal 1 while outside Canada, then it would further delay the PR process because it involves actually getting your passport to a visa centre and all that. Second, if you have COPR but have not received the PR cards yet, then in order to re-enter Canada you have to apply for a travel document from overseas and who knows how long that will take. It's really frustrating, not just because of having travel plans on hold but so many other plans on hold too. I am planning to wait for a few months and see how things are progressing.
Wouldn't it be possible to re-enter Canada with your valid temporary visa and permit when you receive portal 1?

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Wouldn't it be possible to re-enter Canada with your valid temporary visa and permit when you receive portal 1?
Yes, if you receive portal 1 and have not got COPR, you can. This is my understanding. However, at this stage you would have to tell IRCC that you are outside Canada, and that would trigger a different process for PR. This is my understanding. Please let me know if there is anything different because that would really be helpful in planning this trip.
However, if you leave Canada after COPR and before receiving your PR card, then you need to apply for the travel letter to re-enter Canada - you cannot use your TRV. This is my understanding but please let me know if you know something different.
I would really appreciate any info you have if different from my take. Let me know.

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I am not sure but try to use some logic here although according to my experience, we should not expect anything logical from IRCC.

They introduced E-copr after the pandemic for inland applicants to save them not landing again. Now, if you are outside then you need to land within a known period of time (similar to outland applicants). I think within six months. Outland applicants require a visa to enter. So, they send their passports to their embassies to receive a temporary visa for landing in Canada. Since you already have it, it might be easier than you think. Again, I am not sure!

So, if you are outside and receive a decision-made status, you will eventually share your address via the portal. I have not received the portal I am just speculating. Now, the question is what happens when you use an overseas address?

I would talk to a lawyer or IRCC if it can't wait.

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
I am not sure but try to use some logic here although according to my experience, we should not expect anything logical from IRCC.

They introduced E-copr after the pandemic for inland applicants to save them not landing again. Now, if you are outside then you need to land within a known period of time (similar to outland applicants). I think within six months. Outland applicants require a visa to enter. So, they send their passports to their embassies to receive a temporary visa for landing in Canada. Since you already have it, it might be easier than you think. Again, I am not sure!

So, if you are outside and receive a decision-made status, you will eventually share your address via the portal. I have not received the portal I am just speculating. Now, the question is what happens when you use an overseas address?

I would talk to a lawyer or IRCC if it can't wait.
Thanks - I looked at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/prepare-arrival.html and all it says in bold letters is: You must tell us if you leave Canada before we grant you PR status. No explanation of what happens if you are outside before COPR. I will not take the chance unless, its really critical, not worth it.

ompm

Jan 17, 2023
Hi,
I appreciate if anyone in here can help me please.

I received my portal email2 with username and password. I changed the password and I entered in and went through step 1 and step 2 . But when I try to upload my photo it keeps saying : Your photo is being validated
I tried this many times and its the same and keeps saying same : Your photo is being validated

Does anyone no how to solve the problem?

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
My Timeline: PNP Paper Inland

AR: Nov2021
AOR: Aug 2022
MR: Aug 2022
MP: Sep 2022
ADR: Sep 2022 (Pay stubs, banking, etc.)
PAL: Sep 2022
Portal 1/2: Jan 3, 2023

This was a long journey not done yet but I'm happy and hopeful you all will hear positive news soon :)
Any news after portal 1? thanks

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
First time was paysubs for the previous 3 months, second one was paysubs + T4 + schedule A and employment letter and bank statement
When did you get the ECOpr? I'm trying to have an idea about the time... Everybody is totally tired of waiting.... Thank you!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
OINP is a joke, applied Nov 2021, Req for additional Document May 2022, still decision pending. Good thing I got ITA for Express entry, once I get PPR, I am withdrawing from this BS

Prafful18

Jun 20, 2020
Finally Got AOR Today!!

My question is that few days back I changed my email ID on phone with IRCC and in my GC key at same time, but I got my AOR on old email address.

So during linking my application,do I need to change my gc key email Id again to old one to remove conflict or it is okay to keep new ID in gc key and linking file with it?

Anyone faced the same issue before?

Also do we get ADR in same email of AOR? I saw some discussion on this group about people not getting ADR but they get final warnings for submission.

AR: 20 Jan 2022. Paper based (OINP Master graduate)
Hi Jay, any update after that?

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the results of GCMS notes? I applied for the note more than two months ago. I have not received it yet.

manideol06

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Hi,

Received eCOPR on 13 January from the Etobicoke office.
Portal 1 on 30/12/2022
Portal 2 on 5/1/2023

Inland with 3 dependents.

In the email, it's written "In order to maintain your Canadian PR status, you must live in Canada for a minimum of two out of five years "

I have had a long journey from being an International student to a work permit and PR. Will my earlier day be counted as 0.5 days? To get the 1075 days target.
hi Sir .. when we reply on email firat about enter in canada and uci number like that. so after reply we got email at time . thats email is portal 2 email ? or wait for some days ?

AdaKhan

Nov 18, 2020
Hello,
I got my PR on 13/01/2023. However, my children and I have been living in Canada since January 2021 on Work Permit.
My spouse was back home.
Since I became a PR how should I apply for child benefits? I have filed tax returns since 2020.