+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
January 2020 applicant here. Haven't heard anything since the end of February 2020. VO CPC Missisauga.
Now IRCC sends this link in their generic 'delay due to covid' response. According to this they are working applications from May 2019!!!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

What do you think of this? The delay is so frustrating.
So the disclosure by insider was indeed true. "We care for family unification" is just many of this government's BS.

I just checked the tool and indeed spousal procedure is almost 2 years. That is such a broken system. (I'm sure lots of people will get their visa before that but they want us to mentally prepare for delay - Exactly what the insider said)

However, surprise surprise: regular immigration is about 9 months (up from 6 months) and even refugee procedure is about 8 months. (And I'm sure lots of new applications are processed very quickly and this is just a standard timeline)

To quote a great philosopher: "Be fearful of seasoned politician: When he says something, he means the complete opposite"

Reactions: akaus852

Caltoro

Dec 11, 2019
So the disclosure by insider was indeed true. "We care for family unification" is just many of this government's BS.

I just checked the tool and indeed spousal procedure is almost 2 years. That is such a broken system. (I'm sure lots of people will get their visa before that but they want us to mentally prepare for delay - Exactly what the insider said)

However, surprise surprise: regular immigration is about 9 months (up from 6 months) and even refugee procedure is about 8 months. (And I'm sure lots of new applications are processed very quickly and this is just a standard timeline)

To quote a great philosopher: "Be fearful of seasoned politician: When he says something, he means the complete opposite"
Could you please share the link to the tool you used to see that it was an almost 2 yr wait?

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Could you please share the link to the tool you used to see that it was an almost 2 yr wait?
Just go to the place where you check your application status. He is ranting about this:

Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
Last updated: March 9, 2021

We’re still accepting family sponsorship applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
Our application was sent to Mississauga originally, my wife is from South Korea. We sent in the PPR documents from within Canada to Ottawa since she was here when they sent PPR back in October. So not sure if it was Mississauga or Ottawa processing it after PPR

haileesmith

Mar 14, 2021
Just go to the place where you check your application status. He is ranting about this:

Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
Last updated: March 9, 2021

We’re still accepting family sponsorship applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

i_solo

Jan 29, 2020
Received my eligibility for pre-arrival services letter today. UK citizen so at London Visa Office. I checked my online application tracker and nothing seems to have changed. Does this pre-arrival eligibility mean that I have been found eligible or my background checks are done or what? Trying not to hope too much, I'm pretty resigned to the fact that I may not get my permanent residency until next January.

Reactions: DiiDii and canadan_

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Received my eligibility for pre-arrival services letter today. UK citizen so at London Visa Office. I checked my online application tracker and nothing seems to have changed. Does this pre-arrival eligibility mean that I have been found eligible or my background checks are done or what? Trying not to hope too much, I'm pretty resigned to the fact that I may not get my permanent residency until next January.
It's actually a pretty good sign. I believe means the assessment of relationship etc is done. May be waiting for some parts of eligibility such as security. Which hopefully not long for UK citizen.

But biggest question is capacity of London visa office ie staffing. If you are in UK, physical handling of post (for ppr) may be constraint.

Reactions: canadan_

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what about parents? mom/dad?

what do they check exactly? just info according to provided docs?
I do not have inside information on this. But I believe mostly evaluation / analysis of the relationship and the background. They may use internet and other things where obvious and easy. They run the names through various databases (police etc), both Canada and partners. If they do contact employers or families it's rare.

Security - who knows? Same databases and the like, check profile. Somebody working in a retail shop's going to get less detailed scrutiny than a Colonel-General.

Reactions: valvlad

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
Check ECAS, it said decision made there for the PA long before we got any letters. We didn't get a pre-arrival letter though just a PPR.