+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
I sponsored my Husband for PR - outland family class spousal sponsorship. It began in January 2020 and we were approved in November 2020. We are set to be moving to Canada in a few weeks.

Andy28231

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Bangalore, India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO, India
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
File Transfer...
02-03-2020
I sponsored my Husband for PR - outland family class spousal sponsorship. It began in January 2020 and we were approved in November 2020. We are set to be moving to Canada in a few weeks.
Congratulations !!! Happy for you !!

Andy28231

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Bangalore, India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO, India
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
File Transfer...
02-03-2020
Please share your timeline and which VO!!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi guys,

Help!! Here is my Spousal sponsorship timeline:
Sponsor - In Canada ; Spouse: Outside Canada

Applied: January 10, 2020
App received by IRCC: January 16, 2020
Biometric done - February 15, 2020
Medical done - February 21, 2020
Application moved to New Delhi processing center - March 02, 2020
Estimated time provided for completion - Jan 16, 2021
% completed - 83% so far.

Is it only my application or are there other people who applied sometime in Jan, Feb or March 2020 facing a similar issue? Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on with my application.

Also, I heard that IRCC is expediting visitor visa process for immediate family members? Anyone else gone through the visitore visa process for their spouses while the sponsorship process is ongoing?
NDVO is what we are dealing with , no one can predict their style or way. After file transfer R we not supposed to see "File Received" BUT sadly that received " thing can take many months. And forget or stop looking at that progress bar it is an eye wash to encourage you just 12 month ratioas how many months left. This should be not there. Even if bar reads 100% some ppl waited for months more to get PPR , not all.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@Phalos HAPPY NEW YEAR How are you man? Never seen you for long! Any predictions? I am worried sad, alone sitting home at this HAPPY NEW YEAR.
What you think about NDVO? Will they again write "File received"? or same Ottawa's " File received" will continue in our case? My guess is that it would go 3rd time "FILE Received" then In Process? Any 1 seen NDVO given just ONE PPR to a spouse since COVID 19 ? I have read "in Process" for many spousal cases here thou..

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
@Phalos HAPPY NEW YEAR How are you man? Never seen you for long! Any predictions? I am worried sad, alone sitting home at this HAPPY NEW YEAR.
What you think about NDVO? Will they again write "File received"? or same Ottawa's " File received" will continue in our case? My guess is that it would go 3rd time "FILE Received" then In Process? Any 1 seen NDVO given just ONE PPR to a spouse since COVID 19 ? I have read "in Process" for many spousal cases here thou..
Hi Singleman, I'm hanging around LVO PAKISTAN more lately they are my VO buddies.
Yes I too am also watching movie HOME ALONE this Christmas Season.
Seems NDVO is much much slower than LVO during COVID, I have not seen many PPR from them, but LVO has been pretty busy lots of ADR's and PPR's raining down.
LOTS of DRAMA from LVO this season, 1 member Dua got PR Visa and then it was cancelled due to possible Husband withdraw sponsorship.
I'm really sad for your file transfer to NDVO that must really suck like being transfer from Premier League to the National League Football, but CHIN UP MATE!
I am not sure if your status will go to File Received once again, but it is not critical anymore, but I guess it depend on how much processing has been done on the file.
If they just want to make INTERVIEW then I think they will just send you Interview Letter and that's it. I think the local Visa Officer will decide if S/he wants to make interview or are they satisfied with the current Proofs, so its still not for certain. The worst part is the WAIT.
If they are satisfied, then you will get Pre/Arrival and PPR.
All we can do is wait and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too my Old Friend.

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Singleman, I'm hanging around LVO PAKISTAN more lately they are my VO buddies.
Yes I too am also watching movie HOME ALONE this Christmas Season.
Seems NDVO is much much slower than LVO during COVID, I have not seen many PPR from them, but LVO has been pretty busy lots of ADR's and PPR's raining down.
LOTS of DRAMA from LVO this season, 1 member Dua got PR Visa and then it was cancelled due to possible Husband withdraw sponsorship.
I'm really sad for your file transfer to NDVO that must really suck like being transfer from Premier League to the National League Football, but CHIN UP MATE!
I am not sure if your status will go to File Received once again, but it is not critical anymore, but I guess it depend on how much processing has been done on the file.
If they just want to make INTERVIEW then I think they will just send you Interview Letter and that's it. I think the local Visa Officer will decide if S/he wants to make interview or are they satisfied with the current Proofs, so its still not for certain. The worst part is the WAIT.
If they are satisfied, then you will get Pre/Arrival and PPR.
All we can do is wait and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too my Old Friend.
Thanks for a nice reply with details :) Enjoy loneliness in sad club :)

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
Please share your timeline and which VO!!
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean but here is some information regarding my husband's January application which was approved in November.

• My husband and I live in the Caribbean. I am a Canadian citizen (non resident) and he is a native of the Caribbean and a UK national.
  • January - Application submitted to the office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • February - Email from IRCC acknowledging the application was received.
  • February - I was able to link our application to the online system.
  • February - Received a letter saying I meet the eligibility requirements to be my husband's sponsor.
  • February - Medical requested and completed.
  • March - Biometrics requested and completed.
  • Both the Bio and Medical showed up on our CIC account within a couple weeks after we completed them.
  • October - We received a passport request letter stating we had to send his passport and two new photos within 30 days. We sent this to the IRCC office located in Jamaica. We were able to select any office and this is the one closest to our country of residence.
  • November - Within a couple weeks, we received his passport back with the COPR letters and instructions. Our COPR expires one year from when we did the medical so we are going to Canada in a few weeks. :)
We were never asked to do an interview or submit any new information. Our application has no dependants. So far, it has been a very smooth process. I can provide further update after our landing in Canada in February.

Hope that helps!

Andy28231

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Bangalore, India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO, India
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
File Transfer...
02-03-2020
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean but here is some information regarding my husband's January application which was approved in November.

• My husband and I live in the Caribbean. I am a Canadian citizen (non resident) and he is a native of the Caribbean and a UK national.
  • January - Application submitted to the office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • February - Email from IRCC acknowledging the application was received.
  • February - I was able to link our application to the online system.
  • February - Received a letter saying I meet the eligibility requirements to be my husband's sponsor.
  • February - Medical requested and completed.
  • March - Biometrics requested and completed.
  • Both the Bio and Medical showed up on our CIC account within a couple weeks after we completed them.
  • October - We received a passport request letter stating we had to send his passport and two new photos within 30 days. We sent this to the IRCC office located in Jamaica. We were able to select any office and this is the one closest to our country of residence.
  • November - Within a couple weeks, we received his passport back with the COPR letters and instructions. Our COPR expires one year from when we did the medical so we are going to Canada in a few weeks. :)
We were never asked to do an interview or submit any new information. Our application has no dependants. So far, it has been a very smooth process. I can provide further update after our landing in Canada in February.

Hope that helps!
Congratulations once again..