+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

hasans1990

Dec 1, 2015
Hey people! I got a 2nd AOR from London Visa office couple of weeks ago. Can someone tell me how long the process is from this point on?

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm applying for a visitor visa while I'm waiting for my application for spousal sponsorship. I'm in Russia and my husband is in Canada. Can my husband cover all my expenses and provide his bank statements for the past three months or should I provide my own statements and cover my own expenses?

Thank you for response

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm applying for a visitor visa while I'm waiting for my application for spousal sponsorship. I'm in Russia and my husband is in Canada. Can my husband cover all my expenses and provide his bank statements for the past three months or should I provide my own statements and cover my own expenses?

Thank you for response
You need to cover your own expenses and provide own statements. He can provide his bank statements but only as secondary.
You need to show at least $5000 CAD in last 3 months.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
You need to cover your own expenses and provide own statements. He can provide his bank statements but only as secondary.
You need to show at least $5000 CAD in last 3 months.
Is $5000 just from me or can it be combined with my husband's statement?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Is $5000 just from me or can it be combined with my husband's statement?
Just from YOU. However, it is still possible if your husband can show a good amount of money on his account to support yours if you have only $3000......There is a case on FB group, husband got TRV with only $3000 in bank but Canadian wife showed $21,000 in her bank account. If you dont have the funds, your husband can Western Union you money (do not show ircc your husband wired you money-it has to look like your own money) you can deposit in your account - hold it for 3 months, and then get the statements for those 3 months.
That being said, having $5000 does not guarantee TRV, you need to show ties to country (title to property, vehicle ownership, letter from employer releasing you for the period of the TRV)
At the end of the day, it depends on if your VO agent is an ass*ole or in a good mood. Most of the times they are ass*oles.

Last edited:

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Finally! Some movement after almost 6 months:

BIL was sent today 2 SEP 20. Hoping for MED letter tomorrow.

My wife is with me in Canada. So do we just webform that she is unable to present biometrics due to Service Canada closure/service restrictions?

I hope this doesn’t delay the app even more...

Ab jalloh

Sep 4, 2020
Finally! Some movement after almost 6 months:

BIL was sent today 2 SEP 20. Hoping for MED letter tomorrow.

My wife is with me in Canada. So do we just webform that she is unable to present biometrics due to Service Canada closure/service restrictions?

I hope this doesn’t delay the app even more...
You will be given automatically additional 90 days if she can’t provide biometrics by the specified date in the letter. My wife had the same issue , she was able to provide them in July when they reopened in Dallas. They won’t refuse your application because u can’t provide biometrics , since it’s not your fault.

Reactions: CDNsoldier

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You will be given automatically additional 90 days if she can’t provide biometrics by the specified date in the letter. My wife had the same issue , she was able to provide them in July when they reopened in Dallas. They won’t refuse your application because u can’t provide biometrics , since it’s not your fault.
90 day delay - biometrics not given?- 90 day delay - biometeic not give? - 90 day delay...and so on until biometrics are given.

Reactions: Ab jalloh