+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Over 2 weeks I have been emailing the Minister of Immigration to prioritize Spousal Sponsorship and finally I received an email from someone working there. I urge everyone to email the Ministers office so they are aware of our difficulties.

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your correspondence of July 3, 2020, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your spouse’s application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I understand that you are looking forward to having your spouse join you in Canada. Family reunification is a priority for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), and every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character; individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements. In addition, in the case of spouses and partners, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control.

Departmental records indicate that this application was received on February xx, 2020. The current processing time for applications in this category is approximately 12 months from the date of receipt of the completed application.

Although the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications, I would like to assure you that IRCC continues to explore options to facilitate processing in these extraordinary times, including finalizing applications virtually, and applicants are contacted by immigration officers should additional information or documentation be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

P. MacLeod

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
But if PA is outside Canada and has never been here, why their background check has to involve RCMP and Canada border services agency ?
Because maybe the PA lived in Canada at some point and they want to verify things i.e. working holiday visa, student visa etc. in the past?

Reactions: worldtraveller

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
hello

what is the estimated time between pre arrival and DM
based on recent timelines of people it is taking way too long

what do they do after pre arrival

some people got pre arrival in january and still waiting ( 2019 applicants )

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Does anyone know if CPC-Mississauga has started processing the outland sponsorship applications? or is it a lower priority for them?
I saw one update from MVC today on the tracker. I hope they are back in business.

SRCH

Aug 17, 2020
Hi
I'm the PA applying for PR next month.in form imm5533e,there's a section asking for my in Canada status & valid documents if I don't have any.
Could you please suggest what documents/ letter I need to submit?

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
I will celebrate when I see someone from the January tracker sheet get a decision made!
There is already one from US. Sadly many people don't update tracker sheet.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Pretty straight forward case. DM had been made before covid came along but we weren't aware of it. I was CDN citizen living overseas, emergency situation to get me home so they issued PPR and COPR for my wife and son to accompany me. Sorry no tips to offer.

Reactions: canadan_

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
I see a couple of aor2 starting to show up for January in the tracker. I wonder how many of us will have their files completed within the 12 month period....

Reactions: Phalos

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I see a couple of aor2 starting to show up for January in the tracker. I wonder how many of us will have their files completed within the 12 month period....
none of them from Mississauga

risingstar111

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
hello

what is the estimated time between pre arrival and DM
based on recent timelines of people it is taking way too long

what do they do after pre arrival

some people got pre arrival in january and still waiting ( 2019 applicants )
Honestly I don't think anyone really knows. I got pre arrival in April and still no DM ..