+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone, hope all is well. When your a sponsor how long can you leave the country for?
If you're a PR, only a very short trip - you must be living in Canada during the application

If you're a citizen - you can leave Canada with no real restrictions on time.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
If you're a PR, only a very short trip - you must be living in Canada during the application

If you're a citizen - you can leave Canada with no real restrictions on time.
Thanks for replying, man they make it so hard for spouse... if I go 2 weeks alone is for quarantine... under a month is just not enough in times like these... still they wont give trv's. Sigh

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for the quick reply.

Was it sent by air mail or did HK post changed it to surface mail service? My HK post tracking status shows that the HKPCC was handed to carrier in early April, then probably mailed out through surface mail service since they changed their service standard in late March. It's been 3 months now and IRCC still haven't received my HKPCC...
I emailed HK police force if the HKPCC can be mailed by courier, they let me arrange courier to deliver it.

You can email Hong Kong police force and ask if you can arrange courier to send the HKPCC again since IRCC still haven’t receive the HKPCC. Remember to forward the email from IRCC that show they haven’t receive your HKPCC.

Reactions: immi_hk

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Mine moved to mississauga visa office. On mar 3. Outland spousal sponsorship. Why they move mine or yours in canada or outside canada visa office
Mine was moved to Mississuaga VO too but I do not know if its open and if it has started processing Spousal Sponsorships again.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/families-immigration-limbo-covid-sponsorship-1.5642787

Came across this - couple of quotes from this story

Vancouver immigration lawyer Steven Meurrens said thousands, possibly tens of thousands more, are in the same position as Vallantin and Seoane. Last week, he received an email from IRCC saying that only applications submitted before Feb. 12 were being processed.

"If not then, it's not being processed, and it's not actually even in the system."

IRCC said it's prioritizing permanent residency applications for Canadians trying to return to Canada, vulnerable people and essential service workers.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Reactions: Belarusian

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi i sent my husband s application on march . Application was delivered on 3 rd april,2020. After i didnt get any response yet... do you have any about the process. Im not getting even file number yet
You should follow the March sponsorship thread. I’m March 1st and still nothing

jcanada77

Jan 14, 2020
I submitted the APP back in january 21st, Medical and biometrics done on feb 26th, my wife used to travel back and forth for work, but main residence address would be here in canada. she has been here since end of March due to the US/Canada border closing.

1. Does she need to go back to the USA before the 6 months?
2. Would a TRV work if we apply one for her, so she can go back to the usa and come to canada after a few days, or whatever the quarantine rule will be?

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
Hello everyone,
I submitted my file for outland spousal sponsorship in Jan,2020. Although they got medical request in march, but due to covid lockdown they were able to submit there medical in May . And since then there is no update. At present my husband and daughter are in India. Is there anyone else who is in the same boat and provide me the timeline?? Also how do i get to know that if our file has been moved to Delhi ofc or no??
ALso if there is any spreadsheet for the same, please share the link.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hope this will help for some inquiries, for full details please see link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including
  • Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)
  • we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 daysto send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
  • we’ll keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents
  • you don’t have to contact us to get this extension
  • once you’re able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include
  • submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
If you get your language test results or educational credential assessment report by email or electronically, we’ll accept them as part of your application.
COVID-19: Biometrics deadline
Some biometrics collection sites are closed. If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll extend your deadline to give your biometrics. Find out how COVID-19 is affecting biometrics.

Biometrics at Service Canada locations
To keep everyone safe, Service Canada has temporarily stopped collecting biometrics until further notice.

• All biometrics appointments have been cancelled.
  • You’ll have to reschedule your biometrics appointment when Service Canada locations return to normal operations.
  • If you can’t give your biometrics at a Service Canada location, don’tgo to another location like
    • a Canadian port of entry
    • an Application Support Center in the United States or
    • a visa application centre
To withdraw your application
If you’re affected by the travel restrictions and want to withdraw your permanent residence application, use the Web form to let us know.

We’ll give you a refund if

• you withdraw your application within 24 hours of submitting it
  • we haven’t started processing
How financial benefits affect family sponsorship
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:

• tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet
These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

Quarantine plan
You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan or the ability to quarantine as soon as you arrive, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.

We don’t give you with a place to quarantine when you arrive. You need to make your own arrangements in advance.

Travelling from any country other than the US
If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you

• are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR
Provincial and territorial travel restrictions
Provinces and territories may have their own travel restrictions. Before you travel, check the official website of your province or territory of destination.

If you’re already living in Canada: in-person landing appointments cancelled
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at our offices in Canada until further notice.

If you haven’t gotten your CoPR yet
Currently, we’re finalizing applications based on the documents you submitted with your application. In some cases, we may need to contact you before we can finalize your application.

We’ll contact you if we need more information. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information. Finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you applied from within Canada.

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application and I hope someone can provide me with some answers.

- Country of wife: Morocco
- Application received: January 27, 2020
- Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 28, 2020
- Latest update: Review of medical results - March 18, 2020: You passed the medical exam.

I have not heard anything after March 18. I was under the impression that the application should be in Rabat right now since that is the next step. I heard that Rabat might be closed which is why I am not receiving an answer.

I have the following questions:

1. If that is the case and Rabat is indeed closed since March 2020, does that mean that my wife's PR application is going to be majorly delayed? For example, if Rabat is going to open in August, does that mean that I should add 5 months to the 12 months processing time? So since the website states "Estimated completion date: January 27, 2021", does that mean that I should expect June 27, 2021, as the estimated completion date to account for the months Rabat was not working?

2. Is there anything I can do or should do to assist in this situation? For example, contacting someone such as a member of the parliament?

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application and I hope someone can provide me with some answers.

- Latest update: Review of medical results - March 18, 2020: You passed the medical exam.

I have not heard anything after March 18. I was under the impression that the application should be in Rabat right now since that is the next step. I heard that Rabat might be closed which is why I am not receiving an answer.

1. If that is the case and Rabat is indeed closed since March 2020, does that mean that my wife's PR application is going to be majorly delayed? For example, if Rabat is going to open in August, does that mean that I should add 5 months to the 12 months processing time? So since the website states "Estimated completion date: January 27, 2021", does that mean that I should expect June 27, 2021, as the estimated completion date to account for the months Rabat was not working?

2. Is there anything I can do or should do to assist in this situation? For example, contacting someone such as a member of the parliament?
I do not think anyone knows the answers to your questions. You can submit a web form asking these questions. There is no way anyone will be able to tell you how long the applications will take to process. All they are saying is they have started processing as fast as they can. All we can do it patiently wait and hope everything get normal soon.

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020

I did not receive updates since febraury 18 everything is delayed now

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Application received: January 27, 2020
We are approx. same timeline.
Our apps not in VO yet, you can call ircc number and verify where is your app located- most likely still Sydney.

I should add 5 months to the 12 months processing time? So since the website states "Estimated completion date: January 27, 2021", does that mean that I should expect June 27, 2021, as the estimated completion date to account for the months
If they dont fast track our apps, then assume you should add whatever time since March to the estimated completion date. If they send app to Rabbat in March 2021, so add 1 year.

immi_hk

Jul 6, 2020
I emailed HK police force if the HKPCC can be mailed by courier, they let me arrange courier to deliver it.

You can email Hong Kong police force and ask if you can arrange courier to send the HKPCC again since IRCC still haven’t receive the HKPCC. Remember to forward the email from IRCC that show they haven’t receive your HKPCC.
Thank you for the reply!

I did email HKPF and they agreed to send a certified true copy of my HKPCC instead of an original one. My concern is, since IRCC mentioned in their official website, only the original PCC will be accepted, and a certified true copy may lead to the rejection of one's application, will the certified true copy cause any trouble? Did IRCC ask any question regarding your HKPCC?

Also, could you please let me know whether you chose to mail the copy of HKPCC to the Sydney Office again? Or did you have them send it to the Mississauga Office? Have IRCC confirmed with you that they have received your HKPCC?

Thank you tons!

Last edited:
Reactions: veeditparikh2211