23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
So I got something new today:

I got a request for the following. My question is, we already sent marriage photographs in the original packet. Why are they asking for these again?

FBI Clearance: As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must
provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate. Please follow the FBI’s
instructions (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks) to send your
fingerprints and your payment to the Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS
Division). The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be
your police certificate. This must be received at this office by: 2020/04/03

> Marriage photos: If you were married according to the rites, customs, and/or
traditions of India, please submit printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with
relatives and friends. Photos submitted should include photos of the wedding ceremony
(Lavan Phere and/or Anand Karaj) and customary celebrations held before and afterwards
(Mehendi and/or Chuda and/or Milni and/or Doli and the wedding reception). Photos should
also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other
occasions, either before and/or after the wedding. This must be received at this office by:
2020/04/03
I saw this happen to someone in the Dec Thread. I believe they just sent more pics on top of what they already sent. Did you include pics of All ceremonies etc if you had a full wedding with explanation?

Reactions: stackystack

stackystack

Dec 21, 2016
I saw this happen to someone in the Dec Thread. I believe they just sent more pics on top of what they already sent. Did you include pics of All ceremonies etc if you had a full wedding with explanation?
Thanks for the response. We did include ceremony pics... oh well...

Sushi82

Dec 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, CAN
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Request
04-03-2020
Med's Done....
19-05-2020
Hey guys

and yet another Linking application question.

I have tried several times to link our application online but with no luck. I have tried the using Married vs Single approach. I've tried putting 1 instead of 2 for application members. I have tried his information, my information, and nothing comes up on record. I've tried using the information from his passport one time, then just using his town of birth. I have tried Application number, UCI number, just by name...nothing

Also, My husband and I have two different UCI numbers. Is this normal? Which one should I be using? The information is correct otherwise when they say the other person's full name in the automated emails.

Thanks in advance. I just don't wanna contact support until I am sure it's not just a user error.

but side note, why do so many people have problems with this? It seems more complicated than it should to link an application :/

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hey guys

I have tried several times to link our application online but with no luck. I have tried the using Married vs Single approach. I've tried putting 1 instead of 2 for application members. I have tried his information, my information, and nothing comes up on record. I've tried using the information from his passport one time, then just using his town of birth. I have tried Application number, UCI number, just by name...nothing

Also, My husband and I have two different UCI numbers. Is this normal? Which one should I be using? The information is correct otherwise when they say the other person's full name in the automated emails.

Thanks in advance. I just don't wanna contact support until I am sure it's not just a user error.

but side note, why do so many people have problems with this? It seems more complicated than it should to link an application :/
Yes everyone gets their own number. PM me and I'll help you

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hey DiiDii, any news on your application.. ?
Nada. I called and they told me that I was within regular application processing of 12 months. They have my application and blah blah blah lol. Which is right, but I guess they just gave me a silly Bring Forward date to verify my divorce and previous sponsorship I guess. I had a Ghost update on Feb 19th I guess that's when I would have gotten SA. But I seem to be in the more complicated scenario. I just want it to get to JA. Then I'll really start my wait.

Reactions: CDNsoldier and Tya

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey guys

Sponsor and applicant will have different UCI numbers. You have to use applicant's UCI to link the application.

Reactions: Sushi82

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, Have you encountered this? I have not paid my Biometric fee as my spouse did her biometrics few months ago for TRV. The TRV was rejected thats a diffeent story though. Since I have not paid biometric. what will be done in this case?
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.
Visitor visa, study and work permit applicants
You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. You don’t need to give your biometrics again until the 10-year period expires.

If you gave biometrics in the past as part of an application for a visitor visa, work or study permit and they’re still valid, you don’t need to give them again.

espresso4life

Jan 2, 2020
Quick question: I see pretty much everyone gets "biometrics approved" the same day that they're given...is this an email? Does it really come the very same day?

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Nada. I called and they told me that I was within regular application processing of 12 months. They have my application and blah blah blah lol. Which is right, but I guess they just gave me a silly Bring Forward date to verify my divorce and previous sponsorship I guess. I had a Ghost update on Feb 19th I guess that's when I would have gotten SA. But I seem to be in the more complicated scenario. I just want it to get to JA. Then I'll really start my wait.
Oh ok... we got medical request yesterday.

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
hey guys , i am new here ,
i wanted to ask two things
first i just linked my account to my application, but after i did that , i heard from a friend that if i link my application to my account , i wont get updates on my email like we normally get , all updates will be just on the account, even that they sent me an email saying they will send notification to both my account and email , but my friend says otherwise !! so is that true , i wont get email notification and i will have to log to my account everyday ??
second i just gave my biometric in visa center yesterday , when should i expect to get the medical exam request ???

thanks in advance

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
hey guys , i am new here ,
i wanted to ask two things
first i just linked my account to my application, but after i did that , i heard from a friend that if i link my application to my account , i wont get updates on my email like we normally get , all updates will be just on the account, even that they sent me an email saying they will send notification to both my account and email , but my friend says otherwise !! so is that true , i wont get email notification and i will have to log to my account everyday ??
second i just gave my biometric in visa center yesterday , when should i expect to get the medical exam request ???

thanks in advance
After you link your application all the messages goes to the linked account and can be viewed online. However, you will also get a notification on the email ID used to link that there is a 'new' message in your account. Login to your account to view the message

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
After you link your application all the messages goes to the linked account and can be viewed online. However, you will also get a notification on the email ID used to link that there is a 'new' message in your account. Login to your account to view the message
are you sure about the email notification thing ? did u actually get a notification on ur email for a message received on ur account ?
and can i unlink my application any time to reverse this process and get updates on email as i used to ?

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
are you sure about the email notification thing ? did u actually get a notification on ur email for a message received on ur account ?
and can i unlink my application any time to reverse this process and get updates on email as i used to ?
you will definitely get a notification on the email ID linked with your account whenever there is a new message on your account.

I am not sure if you can 'unlink' an application from the account. The only way I know to unlink an application from an account is to create a new account and link the app to that account. It will then be removed from the previous account.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Oh ok... we got medical request yesterday.
Oh Nice. You go SA as well? I see on the spreadsheet someone got AOR2 in Jamaica quickly.

Reactions: Tya