+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi all,
My app was received by CIC on 2nd Jan, till date havent received AOR.
i am worried and concerned as people after me (whose app was received on 6th Jan have received the AOR) and am still waiting.
I am OCT 2019 applicant and my application was returned on 24th NOV as i missed to put a doc. Then re-submitted again and the appl. was received on JAN 02.
Really worried and concerned as CIC sends back entire application as soon as they find 1st mistake / missing form / missing sign...etc. instead of going thru entire package.
Instead they should go thru entire package and if they find any mistake / missing form or info they should make a list of missing items and notify us.
They do that because they already put instructions in their websites to read. Lets understand them because they will not waste their time going thru entire application just to find other mistakes. And they have thousand applications to go thru sent from other countries also, they want to process the fastest they can so that other applications will not be pending.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
hello fellows I am sending my wife's file soon
DO I need to translate my whats up chat by certified translator as we had most of chat in Punjabi written in ENGLISH alphabet
thanks for your help
Yes you need to translate thru a certified translator.... They need to be in english or french.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Can we send more than 20 pictures as proof of genuine relationship.
Consultant is suggesting me to send around 200 pictures.
Could you please suggest how many pictures you guy's send.
Just send at least 20pictures... if they will see file of pictures maybe they will tell to their self that your not reading their instructions. It could be a return of appliction.

Last edited:

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
What do you me
There are definitely a lot of factors that can affect the timeline. We were part of the June 2019 Outland group and got AOR1 at beginning of August. He got his COPR in Sept and landed in early Oct. I’d have to look at our tracker again for exact times. My husband is from New Zealand and we had a very straightforward application that went to Mississauga. Our application was less than 150 pages. No dependents, no criminal records, clean travel histories, amoung many other things that made for quick processing. Lots of quality over quantity. I wouldn’t consider us the norm. We were just very fortunate to have a simple application so my best advice is not to let it get you down when you see those fast processing times and yours might be taking longer. Every case is unique and different, so always keep your spirits up! Wishing all of you a speedy process and that you’ll be with your loved ones soon!
What do you mean 150 pages? Is it include all the forms?? Or just the supporting documents for principal applicant?

maggarwa

Jan 15, 2020
Upon completing biometrics, does the biometric status under my account gets updated to explicitly say "Biometrics passed"? For our application it currently says " Biometrics completed" so I was wondering if it means the same thing or not?

Rwtnb

Sep 8, 2019
Hey!
My husband is a US citizen with his PR in process now(Outland spousal sponsorship). He would like to visit for the weekend--any travel advice? As long as I know, he is allowed to travel. Just wondering what forms/paperwork he should be traveling with? He would be driving, so we wouldn't have flight tickets to show as "proof" of not staying long term.
Thanks

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
What do you me

What do you mean 150 pages? Is it include all the forms?? Or just the supporting documents for principal applicant?
Everything. The forms, documents, and proofs we put with it. Every piece that was added to the entire package equaled less than 150 pages.

Reactions: DiiDii

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Upon completing biometrics, does the biometric status under my account gets updated to explicitly say "Biometrics passed"? For our application it currently says " Biometrics completed" so I was wondering if it means the same thing or not?
No it doesn't change from received. The biometrics unlike the medical is not something that you "pass", they are just collecting the information.

Reactions: maggarwa

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Sorry I have no idea if you're using a representative what that means for linking your account or creating an account on MyCIC, hopefully someone else can help. You can maybe check this link which answered a lot of my questions when I was completing my app. It's a WIKI for the entire process: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms
You can't have access to gckey if you have a rep. Your rep will have the access and correspondence will be sent to them

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Is there anyone else who can't link their app to Gckey. I received AOR, but still not able to link.
If you have a copy of your application go through it while linking. Make sure the information you enter is exactly as it is on your form (including caps). And under defendants try to put 2 instead of 1

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Finally!!!!
Application package delivered on Jan 2nd. My wife just now got the email, confirming the acceptance. Status says "Started processing on Feb 6th".

Question for you experts: I still can't link the application through my CIC account. I have tried UCI Number, Application Number, Applicant details, etc. It always fails to find the application. Am I missing something?
May be there is something you are entering wrong? (as compared to the application form). Also check the number of defendants.

skyisblue

Jan 8, 2020
Is there anyone else who can't link their app to Gckey. I received AOR, but still not able to link.
I believe the Application ID is the same for the Sponsor and Applicant, but the UCI is different. If the passport details are not working, try the other options. If it doesn't work try different combinations: sometime use the application number and family name, sometime just your name and date of birth etc. If it's only the sponsor and applicant applying (no dependents), then you put 2 as the family members included in the application in the last field in the form. Don't worry something will work eventually. You can also use the webform if you get really desperate. Good luck.