+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Ok, what's the ghost update? I've seen people refer to it b4 but I dont remember.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Ghost update is when you login and see that "Application/Profile Updated" but going inside nothing has changed.
Ok.. I cant go in to gckey as I have a representative.. but he sent me a screen shot yesterday and I saw the that background check was in process. I however check ecas which says in process.

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Ok.. I cant go in to gckey as I have a representative.. but he sent me a screen shot yesterday and I saw the that background check was in process. I however check ecas which says in process.
Yes, a lot of application say background check in process when you link application to account.
ECAS will change from in process to Decision made when you get Sponsor approval

Reactions: Tya

Niginaa1

Feb 6, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen and wanted to sponsor my spouse outside of Canada. Does anyone know a good lawyer that I can start my process with? Please let me know, I’m having a hard time choosing a good lawyer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a Canadian citizen and wanted to sponsor my spouse outside of Canada. Does anyone know a good lawyer that I can start my process with? Please let me know, I’m having a hard time choosing a good lawyer.
First and most important: why do you think you need a lawyer?

The applications are not hard to fill out and submit on your own. It is a bit tedious and time consuming, but not actually that difficult.

When I looked into this, I concluded it was going to be fairly expensive and that in the end, I was going to end up doing most of the actual work myself anyway.

Following the experiences of others here on this forum, I'm happy I did so.

BUT: if you have a reason to have a lawyer prepare your file - like there is something complex or problematic - it can make sense. In other cases, it may be useful to consult a lawyer (ie. pay them for a few hours' time to answer questions you may have). Even then, it will be more cost effective to do as much research yourself first and to go to a lawyer with tailored, specific questions in order to confirm or disprove what you think you know.

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Can anyone suggest, I can see my principal applicant’s (my wife) name only in ECAS as well as GCKey. How to understand whether me (SA) is approved or not?

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Not a January applicant, but yes, gckey says "we are processing your background check." (Note, I'm referring to the principal applicant's bgc).
Ok, do you mind if I ask which month you applied and if you hot sponsor approval already... just trying to figure a time frame after aor1. Thanks!

fruze

Jan 28, 2020
I have a representative as well. So we can’t view the gckey but ecas we can?

Reactions: Tya

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020