+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
This means Sponsor approval is done, principal applicant is in "application received" stage, next thing you might know is which visa office they are going to transfer the application to!!...

My file got transferred to NDVO on 02 Mar, 2020., since then I am seeing the same status as yours...
Actually I checked ECAS for the first time with sponsor's details. My file was received on Jan. 16, medicals and biometric done on Feb 22 and transferred to CPC-M shortly after. I have not heard ever since. Kind of frustrated to see no progress in about 8 months.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Actually I checked ECAS for the first time with sponsor's details. My file was received on Jan. 16, medicals and biometric done on Feb 22 and transferred to CPC-M shortly after. I have not heard ever since. Kind of frustrated to see no progress in about 8 months.
Its same for every Indian applicants whose file is in CPC-M. its frustrating

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Yes, its true. Applicants whose files are at Ottawa office, who applied in March, are getting pre-arrivals and January applicant status is still 'Application received'
I know someone from work applied in December, file was rejected cz they dated for few days and got married. He applied again in march and transferred to Ottawa and he received his pre arrival. They are booking tickets as they have got updates on the file. and here we are from MVO, All we do is cry all day and night having a hope that there will be some kinda update as we wakeup. end of the night it looks fake. i hope these immigration officers or entire CIC understands the problems we face. just hate this situation.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
I know someone from work applied in December, file was rejected cz they dated for few days and got married. He applied again in march and transferred to Ottawa and he received his pre arrival. They are booking tickets as they have got updates on the file. and here we are from MVO, All we do is cry all day and night having a hope that there will be some kinda update as we wakeup. end of the night it looks fake. i hope these immigration officers or entire CIC understands the problems we face. just hate this situation.
Do you know where the PA is from referring to the case you mentioned?

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Yes, its true. Applicants whose files are at Ottawa office, who applied in March, are getting pre-arrivals and January applicant status is still 'Application received'
My application was also from January 09 and was received by CPC-M on 21st Feb. No updates ever since. I think it is because of VAC is still closed in India. I might be wrong but I don’t see any other reason. Mississauga is not sending out any updates not even AOR2 or PRE-ARRIVAL like ottawa. If we look at the February 2020 forum, we can clearly see that many applications from India have received their AOR2 and PRE-ARRIVAL even their application was received after us. So don’t really know what Mississauga is doing or trying to do. Let’s hope for the best.

Last edited:

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
My application was also from January 09 and was received by CPC-M on 21st Feb. No updates ever since. I think it is because of VFS is still closed in India. I might be wrong but I don’t see any other reason. Mississauga is not sending out any updates not even AOR2 or PRE-ARRIVAL like ottawa. If we look at the February 2020 forum, we can clearly see that many applications from India have received their AOR2 and PRE-ARRIVAL even their application was received after us. So don’t really know what Mississauga is doing or trying to do. Let’s hope for the best.
Mississauga is the new Mexico.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
My application was also from January 09 and was received by CPC-M on 21st Feb. No updates ever since. I think it is because of VAC is still closed in India. I might be wrong but I don’t see any other reason. Mississauga is not sending out any updates not even AOR2 or PRE-ARRIVAL like ottawa. If we look at the February 2020 forum, we can clearly see that many applications from India have received their AOR2 and PRE-ARRIVAL even their application was received after us. So don’t really know what Mississauga is doing or trying to do. Let’s hope for the best.
Although VFS/VAC is still closed in India, NDVO already started sending DM/PPR/VFS two-way-courier instruction letters. Not sure what's holding CPC-M.

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Same thing with us.. My wife's application was submitted on 10th Jan 2020. Medical and biometrics were completed by end of February. Online status shows Application Received. I know her file is still in CPC Mississauga and we haven't received any updates from them.

Is there no way to contact the office? Or can we ask Ircc to move our application to some other office?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Same thing with us.. My wife's application was submitted on 10th Jan 2020. Medical and biometrics were completed by end of February. Online status shows Application Received. I know her file is still in CPC Mississauga and we haven't received any updates from them.

Is there no way to contact the office? Or can we ask Ircc to move our application to some other office?
Yes you can every VO has an email address: cpcm-extcom@cic.gc.ca
You write to them - I am not satisfied with the speed you are processing my application, request transfer to HKVO, I heard they are super fast, thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul09

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Yes you can every VO has an email address: cpcm-extcom@cic.gc.ca
You write to them - I am not satisfied with the speed you are processing my application, request transfer to HKVO, I heard they are super fast, thank you.
Thank you so much for the help. One more thing, if I do this will it create any issues? Like delay in processing?