+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Just wondering Can a spousal sponsorship application be refused without an interview?
I would think it would depend on what basis the app is being refused. Interviews are usually associated with them questioning whether the marriage is genuine. Regardless of the reason the PA would still get a PFL, it doesn't just get summarily refused.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Regardless of the reason the PA would still get a PFL, it doesn't just get summarily refused.
PFL for me would be same like "We are going to refuse your file" because I cannot undo what's already been done. (cannot go back in time and make more wedding photos or go on honeymoon that I did not have) ... Also cannot fly right now due to health reasons, so I'm screwed.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
PFL for me would be same like "We are going to refuse your file" because I cannot undo what's already been done. (cannot go back in time and make more wedding photos or go on honeymoon that I did not have) ... Also cannot fly right now due to health reasons, so I'm screwed.

Wow, is this the real Phalos of has somebody hacked your account. You have been one of the most upbeat people on here since you joined. Unless you have something to hide what is the issue? Just by looking at the tracking sheets, pre covid anyways, you would see about 50% of all apps get sent to LVO's, seems to be no rhyme or reason that I could see apart from work load sharing for IRCC. Our app was straight forward but was still sent to the LVO, no requests for additional docs or anything. So it being sent to a LVO doesn't mean there is going to be an interview.

Relax, which is probably impossible, keep your chin up, don't get all negative on us now.

Reactions: DiiDii and rrss13

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Our decison made was done on 2 dec 2020 but we have no idea like when we going to have passport request . Can anyone please tell? File coc center is in ottawa pre arrival and decison made done .
Within two more days, the decision will be sent to you. PPR for you

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Wow, is this the real Phalos of has somebody hacked your account. You have been one of the most upbeat people on here since you joined. Unless you have something to hide what is the issue? Just by looking at the tracking sheets, pre covid anyways, you would see about 50% of all apps get sent to LVO's, seems to be no rhyme or reason that I could see apart from work load sharing for IRCC. Our app was straight forward but was still sent to the LVO, no requests for additional docs or anything. So it being sent to a LVO doesn't mean there is going to be an interview.

Relax, which is probably impossible, keep your chin up, don't get all negative on us now.
Oh just saw your post. Ofc I'm not hiding anything, why would you say that?
Just that when I was with my spouse I didn't make photos, just a couple (didn't think ahead and we are not photo lovers), and now LVO asks ADR more photos, so elementarily I'm worried about will they be lenient and look to my other proof more (daily chats, calls, financial support). Our marriage is 100% genuine but I'm lacking on the photo proof side. Of course we are all worried towards the end especially when there are possible red flags that we must satisfy them.

Reactions: singleman

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Oh just saw your post. Ofc I'm not hiding anything, why would you say that?
Just that when I was with my spouse I didn't make photos, just a couple (didn't think ahead and we are not photo lovers), and now LVO asks ADR more photos, so elementarily I'm worried about will they be lenient and look to my other proof more (daily chats, calls, financial support). Our marriage is 100% genuine but I'm lacking on the photo proof side. Of course we are all worried towards the end especially when there are possible red flags that we must satisfy them.
When I said that I was referring to the general idea that people are called for an interview when IRCC is looking for more info regarding how genuine the relationship is and as long as they have plenty then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think the lack of pics would be the only determining factor. My bad if it came across that I was saying you relationship wasn't genuine.

I believe it was only after I posted the above that you mentioned to Singleman that your issue was the lack of pics. While it is discouraging that your app was sent to the LVO and that will probably delay the processing somewhat it certainly doesn't mean that your app won't be approved.

Reactions: Phalos