+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ivyivyng

Jan 21, 2019
Jan. 21 applicant from the WhatsApp group received BIL today. I'm a Jan. 22 applicant, I had Biometrics for TRV also in January. I have not received BIL yet. Is anyone in the same situation where TRV biometrics is still valid?
I contacted CIC last week and they said that my biometrics is exempted. I did biometrics when applied to a study permit few years ago.

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

I took a drive to Service Canada today to speak with an agent. He said that all of the biometrics appointments were backlogged and so they had to start with the March/April appointments. I asked for a timeline and he could not give me one as he said they are trying to get caught up from all of the months they missed. He said that an agent will call me when it is my turn. So now we wait...

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I received my biometrics letter today, who knows when they will call me in Manitoba. It looks like the only 2 places are still closed and the other 3 are poe. Well at least we are one step closer. Can anyone make a biometrics column on the sheet?

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone, I never get an update about my husband's OWP, how do I follow up? I see alot here getting OWP before BIL. And also, how far is the progress of your application? Ours is 75% and it says 13 weeks more to wait. Just curious. It would be nice to know other's application progress tohave some comparison.

Reactions: J20190911

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I took a drive to Service Canada today to speak with an agent. He said that all of the biometrics appointments were backlogged and so they had to start with the March/April appointments. I asked for a timeline and he could not give me one as he said they are trying to get caught up from all of the months they missed. He said that an agent will call me when it is my turn. So now we wait...
Did you apply for an appointment or just wait for the call?

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi everyone, I never get an update about my husband's OWP, how do I follow up? I see alot here getting OWP before BIL. And also, how far is the progress of your application? Ours is 75% and it says 13 weeks more to wait. Just curious. It would be nice to know other's application progress tohave some comparison.
I'm currently at 70%, but that doesn't seem to matter its more of a percent til average completion. I believe is usually a year. For the OWP I called my MP, everyone else seemed to be getting theirs and I needed it to out my daughter into school so the MP got in touch with immigration to see what was going on. I strongly advise contacting your MP.

Reactions: J20190911 and r2gas

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Is it the progress of OWP application or the PR application? And what is your timeline

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

just an update here.
Yesterday, i saw a ghost update in my wife's GC account. When we called IRCC, they informed us that the update was about biometrics and that we are exempted because she had done her biometrics in the last 10 years.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I'm currently at 70%, but that doesn't seem to matter its more of a percent til average completion. I believe is usually a year. For the OWP I called my MP, everyone else seemed to be getting theirs and I needed it to out my daughter into school so the MP got in touch with immigration to see what was going on. I strongly advise contacting your MP.
@r2gas If you haven't already, I would start by submitting a Webform to ask about the OWP status. If they give you a generic reply such as "Due to COVID-19, there is a delay in all application processing ..." or no real answer, or a very confusing answer, then definitely escalate it up to your MP. Just be forewarned that they may give the MP's office the same answer, and then there is nothing you can do but keep waiting on IRCC.

Reactions: J20190911 and r2gas

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks. What is MP btw?

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
@r2gas If you haven't already, I would start by submitting a Webform to ask about the OWP status. If they give you a generic reply such as "Due to COVID-19, there is a delay in all application processing ..." or no real answer, or a very confusing answer, then definitely escalate it up to your MP. Just be forewarned that they may give the MP's office the same answer, and then there is nothing you can do but keep waiting on IRCC.
Thanks. I submitted a webform already but still no reply? What is MP? How do I know who is my MP?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Thanks. I submitted a webform already but still no reply? What is MP? How do I know who is my MP?
Here's a way to find your MP based on your postal code: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Strangely, I noticed Webforms are taking longer to respond to lately; I submitted one the other week and it took a full work week to get a reply, whereas during the shut down (April) I was getting a response back in 2 or 3 days, max.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Sorry I didn't get any notifications. Ya my Member of Parliament just called me back yesterday about my OWP, she said she just got a reply back from IRCC. I told her I had already gotten it in the mail like two weeks ago so it was no biggie. She honestly went above and beyond to help me, and dug in their when talking to IRCC. I wish you the best of luck, and hope we all get approved soon!