+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi,
Today i got an email saying i dont need biometric letter and my old biometric that i took on 2018 is still valid and the email correspondence was attached to my owp application number. Looks like some movement and biometric might not be necessary for applicants of dec 3 onwards too.

Regards,
Venkat.
No, what you got was a letter saying that your biometrics are still valid for the OWP application. Not that you didn't need to give them - you'll still eventually need to give them for the PR.

There's a small trend recently of people with OWP applications getting this letter and then 2-4 days later getting an OWP. Sadly, it seems to be only people who've given biometrics before...

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
No, what you got was a letter saying that your biometrics are still valid for the OWP application. Not that you didn't need to give them - you'll still eventually need to give them for the PR.

There's a small trend recently of people with OWP applications getting this letter and then 2-4 days later getting an OWP. Sadly, it seems to be only people who've given biometrics before...
My wife received the same correspondence letter. We have provided the biometrics in the past. As k.h.p indicated, letter just provides instructions on the validity of the biometrics.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
My wife received the same correspondence letter. We have provided the biometrics in the past. As k.h.p indicated, letter just provides instructions on the validity of the biometrics.
Did you get owp approved anytime after receiving the correspondence letter as k.h.p indicated?

Regards,
Venkat

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020

Thanks for the update.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Congrats ! Nitin_India.

Looks like online update is delayed due to limited capacity ; approved O.W.P are being shipped via mail ???

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
My Wife's OWP has been approved yesterday as per IRCC. We called them this afternoon.

Timeline as follows:

Application Received: Jan 09, 2020
AOR: March 03, 2020
Biometrics Correspondence Letter: July 22, 2020
Contacted IRCC on July 23, 2020 and they said that it has been approved on July 22, 2020