+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Hello, a quick question to you guys. How do you link an open work permit application to the online account? Can you give me some light of the exact steps I need to follow? Thank you

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello, a quick question to you guys. How do you link an open work permit application to the online account? Can you give me some light of the exact steps I need to follow? Thank you
  1. Log into GCKEY with Principal Applicant's credentials
  2. Select Category: Temporary Residence
  3. Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
  4. Select: UCI and Family Name
  5. UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number
  6. Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name
  7. Select: Passport and fill in the Principal Applicant's details
  8. Select Work Permit Type: Open (Initial application or extension)
  9. Current Country of Residence: Canada
  10. Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
  11. Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
  1. Log into GCKEY with Principal Applicant's credentials
  2. Select Category: Temporary Residence
  3. Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
  4. Select: UCI and Family Name
  5. UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number
  6. Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name
  7. Select: Passport and fill in the Principal Applicant's details
  8. Select Work Permit Type: Open (Initial application or extension)
  9. Current Country of Residence: Canada
  10. Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
  11. Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.
Thank you for your help! It's been done!

Reactions: Eveslm

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi all,

hope everyone is good and safe !

question, has anyone noticed that on the CIC portal the submitted date has changed for linked PR application. on my wife's application it went from submitted in march (same time as AOR) to April. is that normal ?

thank you.
Mo

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
I also received it in the mail on June 10th.
Maybe its luck but for OWP, treated it as an application on its own, and attached copies of documents even if the same documents were asked in the PR application.
Hi,

Did you get a email for biometric fee before the OWP approval?

Regards,
Venkat

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all,

hope everyone is good and safe !

question, has anyone noticed that on the CIC portal the submitted date has changed for linked PR application. on my wife's application it went from submitted in march (same time as AOR) to April. is that normal ?

thank you.
Mo
That's normal... they always do that

jahnvi_ar

Feb 27, 2020
I submitted a complete spousal sponsorship application for my wife in January 2020. We got the acknowledgment of receipt in March 3, 2020. Today, after months of silence, we received a request for the Biometrics fee, which we already paid. The original payment we executed was: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500) which totaled $1050. We also paid the biometrics fee which was $75. Our total payment was of $1125.00 Now, we are being asked to pay a new biometrics fee which is $85. Has anyone received this request today or in recent weeks? It looks like we did not pay the biometrics fee, when we actually did pay it.
I have got the same email today. I am not sure if I did pay the biometrics fee already but my sum total also came out to be $1125 so I am assuming I did pay it already. Wont take any risk though since I am not sure so will be paying it again. I dont know how long does it take after this for the process to complete. Still waiting for an update on my open work permit.

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hi all,

We also got the letter today reminding to pay the biometrics fee if we have not already (which we have).

My letter said to ensure we pay it by July 17, 2020 - is that the same date as everyone elses? I wonder if this is the date that Service Canada is reopening or the date when they are going to send out the biometric invitation letters.

I'm just relieved to see some progress on the application.

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
I have got the same email today. I am not sure if I did pay the biometrics fee already but my sum total also came out to be $1125 so I am assuming I did pay it already. Wont take any risk though since I am not sure so will be paying it again. I dont know how long does it take after this for the process to complete. Still waiting for an update on my open work permit.
I'm pretty sure you guys both paid the correct biometrics fee which is $85.
They increased the right of permanent resident fee from $490 to $500 in April 2020.
That's $10 difference not the biometrics fee.
The biometrics fee is $85. It has never been changed.

So I'm pretty sure you both are all good.

Reactions: jahnvi_ar

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
I submitted a complete spousal sponsorship application for my wife in January 2020. We got the acknowledgment of receipt in March 3, 2020. Today, after months of silence, we received a request for the Biometrics fee, which we already paid. The original payment we executed was: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500) which totaled $1050. We also paid the biometrics fee which was $75. Our total payment was of $1125.00 Now, we are being asked to pay a new biometrics fee which is $85. Has anyone received this request today or in recent weeks? It looks like we did not pay the biometrics fee, when we actually did pay it.
I'm pretty sure you guys both paid the correct biometrics fee which is $85.
They increased the right of permanent resident fee from $490 to $500 in April 2020.
That's $10 difference not the biometrics fee.
The biometrics fee is $85. It has never been changed.

So I'm pretty sure you both are all good.

purpleorange_89

Feb 24, 2020
Hi all,

We also got the letter today reminding to pay the biometrics fee if we have not already (which we have).

My letter said to ensure we pay it by July 17, 2020 - is that the same date as everyone elses? I wonder if this is the date that Service Canada is reopening or the date when they are going to send out the biometric invitation letters.

I'm just relieved to see some progress on the application.
Mine was dated 16th July , not the 17th.

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Is there any way to track a sponsorship application. By this I mean, to track the application a sponsor has submitted to sponsor his wife?

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020