Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hey Guys! I have mailed my application on May 6th 2020 and still haven't received AOR. Is it a normal timeline right now or should I be worried? I also being issued a wrong tracking number by Canada Post so there is no way for me to check if its being delievered. Anybody else from early May applicants is still waiting for AOR?
Normally AOR doesn't come in 3 days.

Due to COVID19, there's a lot of delays; few of January applicants, some Feb applicants, and all of March, April, and May applicants have not received AOR.

Reactions: Confusingthoughts

gkeenan92

Jun 11, 2020
Hey guys, I see somebody has been approved for the OWP this month, if the spreadsheets are accurate, congrats. Following the December forum they seem to be around December 9th for submitted applicants, except one other approval at a later date. Was this just pot luck that our January friend was approved or is it common practise that applicants can be approved regardless of submission date?

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hey guys, I see somebody has been approved for the OWP this month, if the spreadsheets are accurate, congrats. Following the December forum they seem to be around December 9th for submitted applicants, except one other approval at a later date. Was this just pot luck that our January friend was approved or is it common practise that applicants can be approved regardless of submission date?
It depends on location, agent and other factors as well.

SowAna

Feb 9, 2020
I also received it in the mail on June 10th.
Maybe its luck but for OWP, treated it as an application on its own, and attached copies of documents even if the same documents were asked in the PR application.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
hello everyone on imm5532 section c question 3 and 4 how would you those question thank you?

Casg

Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I'm able to link my PR and Work permit application which I sent at the same time and they received on Jan 3rd.
But when I linked, on the system show the PR application received Jan 3rd, my OWP received Dec 27, 2019 and it said Online Application???. I sent both applications together in paper.

Does it happen to anyone?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I'm able to link my PR and Work permit application which I sent at the same time and they received on Jan 3rd.
But when I linked, on the system show the PR application received Jan 3rd, my OWP received Dec 27, 2019 and it said Online Application???. I sent both applications together in paper.

@Casg yes, my PR+OWP was sent on December 31st, 2019. When I linked both applications online, PR date was Dec 31st and OWP was Dec 23rd.

KateCarpenter

Feb 1, 2019

Hi, same here. PR says January 15 & OWP says January 8. I THINK what they do is check that you did everything correctly, & if so, they assign a number to it & then it sits in a pile until they get to it & that’s what shows up when you link it. It might not mean anything.

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

I received an email from CIC today asking for my biometrics fee payment. They said that if I already paid it, to ignore the email. It also said that once the payment is received then I will be getting a letter for a biometrics request. I believe that I already paid it up front as the total on my receipt was $1380 ($1040 for PR app, $255 for work permit, and $85 for biometrics). I’m still waiting on my work permit. I was just curious if anyone else has received this email?

Application Received: January 6, 2020
AOR: February 28, 2020

Nitin_India

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I received an email from CIC today asking for my biometrics fee payment. They said that if I already paid it, to ignore the email. It also said that once the payment is received then I will be getting a letter for a biometrics request. I believe that I already paid it up front as the total on my receipt was $1380 ($1040 for PR app, $255 for work permit, and $85 for biometrics). I’m still waiting on my work permit. I was just curious if anyone else has received this email?

Application Received: January 6, 2020
AOR: February 28, 2020
Received Same email: Already fee paid..

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
I submitted a complete spousal sponsorship application for my wife in January 2020. We got the acknowledgment of receipt in March 3, 2020. Today, after months of silence, we received a request for the Biometrics fee, which we already paid. The original payment we executed was: Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500) which totaled $1050. We also paid the biometrics fee which was $75. Our total payment was of $1125.00 Now, we are being asked to pay a new biometrics fee which is $85. Has anyone received this request today or in recent weeks? It looks like we did not pay the biometrics fee, when we actually did pay it.